[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who would win?

DMD

IND vs. NO  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win the game

• IND
    • NO

Both teams are favored to reach the Super Bowl though it almost never happens that way in real life. But if it did - played at the neutral site, who do you think would win assuming all players were healthy?

Can you imagine the hype of two undefeated teams meeting in the championship? You could never have that in basketball or baseball. Not sure about other sports but it would have to be greatly rare.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be a tremendous game, but I'd give the nod to the Saints, only because I think their opportunistic defense would force just enough turnovers to tilt the game in their favor. Brees seems to protect the ball just a little better than Manning (see Indy's last game), and Indy's lack of a big-time running game would hurt them in this regard (forcing Manning into predictible passing situations, and some INTs).

Saints 30, Indy 23.

Indy's lack of a big-time running game would hurt them in this regard (forcing Manning into predictible passing situations
Everyone says this every game of every season lately, yet everyone seems to still fall for the play action. Manning's good enough that a big time running game isn't necessary, although it would definitely help even more.

Ummm, the Saints won't even get by the Cowboys.
The Saints won't have to. The Cowboys will be in their off-season homes watching all the post season and wondering who their coach will be next year. Edited by cdrudge

I would absolutely love it if both these teams got there undefeated...
...and in doing so, completely shutting up the 72 Dolphins as having the only true complete perfect season. It would also shut up anyone in the future that would argue the Patriots 18-1 perfect regular season was somehow better then the Dolphins 17-0 season. Well, it would shut up people until the NFL expands to 18 games and then it will start up again with the 09 Colts bragging, but I'd be fine with that. Edited by cdrudge

...and in doing so, completely shutting up the 72 Dolphins as having the only true complete perfect season.

Once they realized that they couldn't stand on both sidelines rooting for both teams to upset the other unbeaten, then they'd try to call in a bomb threat. Either that or their heads would explode.

Once they realized that they couldn't stand on both sidelines rooting for both teams to upset the other unbeaten, then they'd try to call in a bomb threat. Either that or their heads would explode.

i actually think they would root for the saints so they could still say they were the only AFC team to achieve perfection

I really like the Saints in this situation. But the Colts have significant playoff experience and it is Peyton Manning who is has more experiencing playing at this level than Brees. Brees seems to have anger and determination on his side. I think the Saints have better WRs. Geez, hard one to really answer.

If it were to happen:

Saints 27

Colt 24

Saints have crushed some good teams this year ( Giants before we knew they were bad , eagles in Philly and they man handled Pats in a more convincing fashion than Colts did when they beat NE )

I think the Saints have a little extra that would get them by colts

34 - 30