[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Al Qaeda tries to blow up plane in Detroit

polksalet

Thank you Nigerian and Amsterdam security screenings!

Quick aside . . . does TimC hate everyone in the town of "Romulus, Michigan" where the story was written? :wacko:

No offense but from what I have read and seen, Amsterdam has more security than we have. Can't speak for Nigeria. If we want to prevent this, we need to incorporate those X-Ray machines that basically make you look naked. My opinion aside, there is a lot of controversy on those.

On a positive note the guy prolly burned his nuts off so at least he won't be able to reproduce! :D

No offense but from what I have read and seen, Amsterdam has more security than we have.

Then how did this guy get aboard w/a bomb? Honest question, don't know all details here. Just amazing to me in this day and age.

I just hope we don't profile against Arabic people because of this. sniffle

No offense but from what I have read and seen, Amsterdam has more security than we have. Can't speak for Nigeria. If we want to prevent this, we need to incorporate those X-Ray machines that basically make you look naked. My opinion aside, there is a lot of controversy on those.

On a positive note the guy prolly burned his nuts off so at least he won't be able to reproduce! :wacko:

You and I may or may not agree. We need to realize that all terrorists are Muslim. We need to make profiling politically correct - if not the law.(It is true that all Muslims are not terrorists - but the good Muslims have yet to speak up and point the finger at their dangerous members - so I have no sympathy for them.)

You and I may or may not agree. We need to realize that all terrorists are Muslim. We need to make profiling politically correct - if not the law.(It is true that all Muslims are not terrorists - but the good Muslims have yet to speak up and point the finger at their dangerous members - so I have no sympathy for them.)

:wacko:

Or you aren't paying attention, far more likely.

Thank you Nigerian and Amsterdam security screenings!

Quick aside . . . does TimC hate everyone in the town of "Romulus, Michigan" where the story was written? :wacko:

bp, in a different reality, I could have called you friend.

If I didn't already have Hugh 0ne as my different reality kind of friend, of course. :D

Edited by TimC

Oh really?

The Unabomber, Oklahoma City, Anthrax letters, Atlanta Summer Olympics... all Muslims?

Oh really?

The Unabomber, Oklahoma City, Anthrax letters, Atlanta Summer Olympics... all Muslims?

Yup and many others from groups , sects and even religions who are not Muslims

I recall that Northern Ireland had constant terrorist acts between Catholics , Protestants and others ( all non muslims )

This doesn't make any sense.

To begin with, enacting a law that requires a government employee to discriminate against someone isn't a very good idea.

Second, do you have a muslim-detector to set along side the metal detector so we know who to discriminate against? Or do we just question all swarthy people at the airport. "Excuse me swarthy person, are you muslim by chance?" Wait a minute, Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab is black. Maybe we question all non-white appearing persons about their religion. Maybe we round them up and brand them?

On a positive note the guy prolly burned his nuts off so at least he won't be able to reproduce! :wacko:

:homerdrool: mmmm naked nigerian women :homerdrool:

Or you aren't paying attention, far more likely.

Yup and many others from groups , sects and even religions who are not Muslims

I recall that Northern Ireland had constant terrorist acts between Catholics , Protestants and others ( all non muslims )

This doesn't make any sense.

To begin with, enacting a law that requires a government employee to discriminate against someone isn't a very good idea.

Second, do you have a muslim-detector to set along side the metal detector so we know who to discriminate against? Or do we just question all swarthy people at the airport. "Excuse me swarthy person, are you muslim by chance?" Wait a minute, Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab is black. Maybe we question all non-white appearing persons about their religion. Maybe we round them up and brand them?

Seriously? :shakeshead:

... the MAJORITY of hot spots for terrorism around the globe pertain to Muslim groups... not all are Al Qaeda, but some have ties to them. If you don't see the waste in randomly searching 80 year old women, and the like, simply out of political correctness... we are in for some trouble. What is wrong with the statement " Not all Muslims are terrorists, but most all terrors are Muslim"? Seriously. You can't fix a problem unless it is diagnosed first.

Israel openly admits to profiling Muslim terrorists (there's that dirty word again in front of the word terrorist) and hasn't had a terrorist act in over 30 years!!! gee, any lessons learned? hmmmm.... I'm thinking they aren't all too concerned about strip searching granny to make sure they are fair to everyone. BTW, who is it the Muslims hate more than Americans and the west?... Yeah, you get the point.

And where, with any real impact, has any major Muslim group come out saying they will root out these radicals within their own society? All I ever seem to hear of is CAIR saying they are discriminated... Cry me a river. Get your own ship in order and I will start to listen to you!

Seriously? :shakeshead:

<blah>

Hello? Nigerian guy? Black. Not obviously Muslim.

And here's an inside tip for you from one who has been very close to terrorism for a very long time.......old ladies are very obliging and may just carry something on board for that nice Mr Muhammad in Apartment 9.

Hello? Nigerian guy? Black. Not obviously Muslim.

And here's an inside tip for you from one who has been very close to terrorism for a very long time.......old ladies are very obliging and may just carry something on board for that nice Mr Muhammad in Apartment 9.

you're right... the guy named Umar Farouk Abdul Mutallab who was suspected of terrorist ties, buys a one way ticket to the US after having been in Yemen (just one of many radical Musilm terrorist hot beds)... profiling wouldn't have helped. :wacko:

...and I'm not saying leave everyone else alone... just don't go out of your way NOT to profile. We all do it, and there is a reason why...

Say you are walking down the street at night with your wife or kids and you come across some unsavory guys... do you not make adjustments in your route (switch sides of the street or at minimum keep an eye on them)??

you're right... the guy named Umar Farouk Abdul Mutallab who was suspected of terrorist ties, buys a one way ticket to the US after having been in Yemen (just one of many radical Musilm terrorist hot beds)... profiling wouldn't have helped. :wacko:

That's a failure of the system without a doubt. That wasn't profiling, that was a failure to heed tips (even from the guy's father), failure to rescind his visa and also the bloated and unworkable no-fly list which is now longer than the electoral roll of India and completely useless.

FWIW, I absolutely do believe in profiling. The alternative is PC gone nuts. However, they don't all look the same and the little old lady can be a dupe.

That's a failure of the system without a doubt. That wasn't profiling, that was a failure to heed tips (even from the guy's father), failure to rescind his visa and also the bloated and unworkable no-fly list which is now longer than the electoral roll of India and completely useless.

FWIW, I absolutely do believe in profiling. The alternative is PC gone nuts. However, they don't all look the same and the little old lady can be a dupe.

agreed.