[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

COnan O'Brien's last week...

cre8tiff

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How on earth does his show require a 200 member crew? And how many of those 200 people are non-"creative" members of his crew that just as easily could continue to do their same jobs when Leno comes back?

I have no idea about the numbers in his crew but I would really suspect that it is many more than what we would think. I also know that when shows switch command many of these people are sent packing. Someone like Leno gets to bring his own crew with him, I am sure.

I'm guessing a good protion of the 1.5 million they are referring to was the broadcast (including web) rights for the original studio recording of the Stones song.

I'm sure that's the case. I was simply pointing this out because people were mentioning NBC could just sell it, or that Conan should have destroyed it.

Leno is a dousch. He acts like a smug prick saying it is because of ratings that Conan is gone and he is coming in on the white horse. The guy only had 7 months. Before hugh grant Letterman was lighting Jays tits up in the ratings. he got a hugh break and never looked back. He acts like Mr nice guy but he is a monster truck aficionado.

Leno is a dousch. He acts like a smug prick saying it is because of ratings that Conan is gone and he is coming in on the white horse. The guy only had 7 months. Before hugh grant Letterman was lighting Jays tits up in the ratings. he got a hugh break and never looked back. He acts like Mr nice guy but he is a monster truck aficionado.

Well said, I think. :wacko:

OK, so I watched again...

Talk about a red headed Ghey man who looks like he has not been in the sun for years. Also, what the hell is up with his hair. And, who is his ghey partner they keep showing. He must be his cabana boy? All I can think is maybe he blew his wad on Conan's hair in the dressing room. That would explain some...

Thanks NBC. But I still want those 10 minutes back.

OK, so I watched again...

Talk about a red headed Ghey man who looks like he has not been in the sun for years. Also, what the hell is up with his hair. And, who is his ghey partner they keep showing. He must be his cabana boy? All I can think is maybe he blew his wad on Conan's hair in the dressing room. That would explain some...

Thanks NBC. But I still want those 10 minutes back.

Are you Jay Leno? I don't understand the hatred you have for the guy, nor do I understand your disdain for the way he looks. Woudl a "sexier" host be more to your liking? Who's the ghey here?

And if you liked Saturday Night Live in the late 80's/Early 90's you have Conan as one of the people to thank. He was one of the main writers for the show.

The guy next to him is Andy Richtor, or the guy in the Ed McMan role. He was on the earlier Conan set, then went and did his own thing for a while.

I also thought the show was once again great, just like his entire run at NBC. It will be amusing in September when he lands on Fox, then surpasses Jay Leno in ratings.

Also, Freebird with Ben Harper, Red Beard, and Beck, as well as Will Ferrell singing was awesome. Getting Conan up there to play with the rest of them was an awesome send off. NBC will rue this day. NBC is already in an epic fail mode, so them canning Conan after seven months is par for the course. Outside of the Office, this network has nothing. Nothing.

The Conan fans don't care if the rest of you don't "get it". He is our cult hero, and to be honest, we kind of like it that way. (I'm trying to think of something to say about Andy, but everytime I think of the guy I just crack up. Words don't do him justice.)

ETA:: Couldn't watch last night, what happened!??!

Edited by Seahawks21

The Conan fans don't care if the rest of you don't "get it". He is our cult hero, and to be honest, we kind of like it that way.

Conan is my favorite "cult" figure. My favorite "cult" band is Metallica.