[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

For the NFC title game - Vikes / Saints

MustOfBeenDrunk

I'm not really seeing the cheap shots you guys are. Looks legit to me.

The thing I don't get is it seems like someone (a la Tom Brady) has a defender touch his shoelace, a 15 yrd roughing the passer penalty is called. I cant even count how many times Favre has been drilled well after the ball is out - yet no flag is thrown.

If you ask me - THAT's the way the game should be. But, rules are rules.

I hate pulling the ref card and I can honestly care less who wins - but it looks a little fishy to me.

Edited by Shorttynaz

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing I don't get is it seems like someone (a la Tom Brady) has a defender touch his shoelace, a 15 yrd roughing the passer penalty is called. I cant even count how many times Favre has been drilled well after the ball is out - yet no flag is thrown.

I hate pulling the ref card and I can honestly care less who wins - but it looks a little fishy to me.

Valid point.

I think the "Brady" Leg Rule has something to do with once a defender is blocked or on the ground that they can't lunge at the QB or something like that...but going or looking like you are going for the knees should be a penalty, I think

They must just think that HE is just actually tough unlike others :wacko:

They're letting them play the game. I can assure you that if the NFL wanted a team to advance, it's Lord Favres.

I agree. Could be refs are just allowing more b/c it's the playoffs, but there were plays that would 've been called personal fouls during the regular season.

I'm watching this game and I'm not seeing these cheapshots either.

Unless you have tivo or are recording this game you cant go back and re-watch it. But the first Vikings drive of the game there were 3 of them. Blatant calls - but they weren't called.

And I would say that there have been 5 or 6 since then.

Anyway - it is what it is. Regardless of the calls (or lack thereof), the Vikings are getting outplayed.