[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Challenger Explosion 24 years ago today...

"We will never forget them, nor the last time we saw them, this morning, as they prepared for their journey and waved goodbye and 'slipped the surly bonds of Earth' to 'touch the face of God.'" - Ronald Reagan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC1V9Eg9Cfw...player_embedded

Reagan's speech:

Edited by posty

Today is my wife's and my father's birthday.

The wife still has stories about not fully enjoying her B-day because of the Challenger...that and when the Super Bowl would fall on her birthday she would get ignored....but that's understandable.

was home sick from school

I was acting like I was sick so I could skip school...I remember walking in to the living room and seeing the replay of what happened and wondering "What on Earth just happened?". :wacko:

this link talks about what happened in detail. Good listen.

This Video Has MANY Factual Errors. Please Do Not Use any information given in this documentary as factual, although please understand that even though the facts might be errors, this event Really happened, and the events leading up to the event were also.

from the guy that posted the video.......

:wacko: