[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I tried playing the SB on Madden and realized...

BeeR

...what a TOTAL POFS that game is and why I hate monopolies with such a passion (because they can then get away with sucking so bad). God EA blows. First game attempt Brees throws not one but two pick6s. So realistic. Next attempt because kicking is so ridiculously hard/inconsistent w/that stupid little flywheel thing that I missed an XP and had two 10 yd punts due to a zero on accuracy (but KOs with zero accuracy go right down the middle).

I miss FPS.

It sounds like you just suck :wacko:

Seriously though, Madden is very true to real life I think. With a rare exception, usually if your QB throws a pick it's because you (the user) made a bad throw. Playing Madden on the hardest level will force you to read defenses and make good decisions - that is if you want to win.

Me sucking has nothing to do w/it. I have sucked at games I really liked too. :wacko: It's got nice graphics and all - but that's ALL it has. For example it shouldn't be so hard to kick an XP, never mind FGs. Course the rocket scientists who designed umpteen versions of this STILL didn't think to put an option where the kicker can automatically kick ie you don't have to. Also the PC kicker almost NEVER misses, not even 45-50 yarders and regardless who the kicker is. Oh yeah, that's realistic. It's also realistic how PRs are ALWAYS the same......if I don't call a fair catch I am almost always hammered by one guy (never two or more and my guys nowhere in sight....how realistic), and almost every time this results in me fumbling and the other guy taking it back for a TD. Also the whole interface (to set options etc) is IMO not logical or user-friendly. And why can't I create my own plays, something much much older versions of PC football games had?

I could go on but those are just a few examples off the top of my head. It's a POS and EA is a cancer to PC games IMO, spewing out marginal crapola year after year with little if any improvement and people scoop it up anyway because EA is a hype machine and sadly now about the only game in town for most sports games.

The parallels to Microsoft are scary. Somewhere Bill Gates is nodding his approval and applauding.

Edited by BeeR

Wow. I haven't missed an extra point in at least ten years. I also can't remember the last time I threw a pick against the computer. There was competition for Madden, and it was so far ahead of the next best game it was ridiculous.

First game attempt Brees throws not one but two pick6s. ... missed an XP and had two 10 yd punts due to a zero on accuracy (but KOs with zero accuracy go right down the middle).

Soooo, in other words it is a very true representation of what will happen to the Ain'ts on Sunday? :rajinrazz:

Seriously though, Madden is very true to real life I think.
On my second or third game on our Wii, I think I had Manning throw for 600 yards and Addai/Brown rushed for another 200...against the Steelers (pre-Polamalu injury), Yeah I think it was pretty accurate. :wacko:

Soooo, in other words it is a very true representation of what will happen to the Ain'ts on Sunday? :rajinrazz:

Don't I wish! PS it was the PC playing Brees, not me...and even tho I kinda suck at this game, when I put the "auto pass" on for the PC to take over Manning for me, it sucked worse than I did; he held onto the ball forever. Yeah...realistic...

This years Madden was the WORST of ANY year I have played. If next year is just as bad I will never buy it again. The defense is a joke in that game but I have to disagree about kicking as that is the only thing that is probably spot on.

I think they need to have an option to give the QB some remember me shots.

That has the makings of an X-box live challenge. :wacko:

I gave up on the game because it was such a joke. You have all day if you sit in the pocket and you can easily find an open WR if your quick enough with your eyes. HUGH downgrade from last year version, which was a joke in itself. Like I said I am giving them 1 more year if they make a crap product I will never buy a copy again. They make WAY too much money to put out a crap product.

Wow. I haven't missed an extra point in at least ten years. I also can't remember the last time I threw a pick against the computer. There was competition for Madden, and it was so far ahead of the next best game it was ridiculous.

:wacko:

Sorry, the NFL2K series was light years ahead of Madden... That was why EA went out and got the exclusive license because they saw that the 2K series was gaining on them...

I find when you speed up the players the game gets alot better....next time you play one of your games in franchise mode you should load whatever game is next on schedule.....After the coin toss pause the game..go to settings....and speed up the players...I think its on slow i always put it on fastest i believe....try that out and see if its any better....I think it will help especially when your returning punts...I think someone said every punt ends up the same way for them.....you should find your kick and punt return game get alot better IMO......

:wacko: I think the game play of this year's Madden is fantastic to be honest. I'm running it on a 360.

I've been playing for the past ten years, and have also spent time with the NFL Live and ESPN series - and this year's Madden is by far one of the best yet as far as strategy, game play and game planning details go.

I don't know what level all of you are playing on, but if you spent most of your time on All-Madden it's a competitive game that's a lot of fun.

I've missed probably one PAT in the past 4-5 years, and when I play the computer regularly misses 40+ FGs depending on the kicker and the weather conditions.

As far as returning punts go, I usually average around 10 return yards.

And as far as never throwing picks or getting sacked goes... you guys need to turn up the difficulty level, because on All-Madden you can't sit in the pocket for more than a few seconds, and if you scramble you are pursued. Getting hit in the slightest, throwing off your back foot, or throwing on the run all drastically impact your throws and can lead to a pick. Not to mention if you're throwing on the run and your QB has a low "Throw on Run" rating, your pass could end up anywhere.

Again... I don't know if you guys just haven't put enough time into it or what, but the game play is solid and the strategy is there.

There's tons of examples: if you run consistently on first and second down, the defense's safeties will creep up and start playing the box so you can set up the play action. If you call lots of man coverage, the offense changes their routes up and tries to get their receivers 1 on 1 with slats or come backs. If you play single safety or cover-0, the QB will take shots deep down the field.

Not to mention players are pretty spot on after the roster updates. Guys like Nnamdi Asomugha and Darrell Revis give up 1-2 catches a game if you put them in bump man coverage, while guys like Chris Johnson will absolutely torch you inside and out if you don't cover the run lanes or take the right angles.

I can imagine this game would be frustrating if you're picking up the controller once a week for a quick game... because it's a very deep and complex game as far as strategy and controls go.

But ultimately I don't think you're really playing this game unless you're playing on All-Madden and invest the time into it.

What's FPS?

Sorry. Front Page Sports. Put out a great (for the time) football game. You could create/edit EVERYTHING. Also extremely user-friendly. Compared to today the graphics were very "primitive" but for me that's down the list of what's most important in a game for the most part (not that it isn't great to have).

Having exclusive NFL rights is the ONLY reason EA dominates (same with their other games). Before that they had competition - and would have been lucky to even stay competitive, because others were putting out a better product.

Anyway I tried one more time. After going up 17 pts early in the 2d half I decided I would only call one defensive play (a blitz called "engage eight"). Except for one bomb for a TD it worked every time. Oh yeah, realistic. Oh and starting in the 4th Q hoping to get it close I called only one offensive play, a HB dive. I actually kept a few drives alive for awhile. Remember this is Addai we're talking about.

I will give it some credit for some realism as the Colts' run D and special teams sucked, and I gave up 2 long bombs for TDs.

:wacko: I think the game play of this year's Madden is fantastic to be honest. I'm running it on a 360.

I've been playing for the past ten years, and have also spent time with the NFL Live and ESPN series - and this year's Madden is by far one of the best yet as far as strategy, game play and game planning details go.

I don't know what level all of you are playing on, but if you spent most of your time on All-Madden it's a competitive game that's a lot of fun.

I've missed probably one PAT in the past 4-5 years, and when I play the computer regularly misses 40+ FGs depending on the kicker and the weather conditions.

As far as returning punts go, I usually average around 10 return yards.

And as far as never throwing picks or getting sacked goes... you guys need to turn up the difficulty level, because on All-Madden you can't sit in the pocket for more than a few seconds, and if you scramble you are pursued. Getting hit in the slightest, throwing off your back foot, or throwing on the run all drastically impact your throws and can lead to a pick. Not to mention if you're throwing on the run and your QB has a low "Throw on Run" rating, your pass could end up anywhere.

Again... I don't know if you guys just haven't put enough time into it or what, but the game play is solid and the strategy is there.

There's tons of examples: if you run consistently on first and second down, the defense's safeties will creep up and start playing the box so you can set up the play action. If you call lots of man coverage, the offense changes their routes up and tries to get their receivers 1 on 1 with slats or come backs. If you play single safety or cover-0, the QB will take shots deep down the field.

Not to mention players are pretty spot on after the roster updates. Guys like Nnamdi Asomugha and Darrell Revis give up 1-2 catches a game if you put them in bump man coverage, while guys like Chris Johnson will absolutely torch you inside and out if you don't cover the run lanes or take the right angles.

I can imagine this game would be frustrating if you're picking up the controller once a week for a quick game... because it's a very deep and complex game as far as strategy and controls go.

But ultimately I don't think you're really playing this game unless you're playing on All-Madden and invest the time into it.

I agree with you 100%...I was also shocked that someone talked about never being sacked......They must really be playing on a lower level bc it seems like the defense always gets a good rush on me when i drop back to pass....Also as far as field goals go I think its spot on.....I've seen the computer miss plenty of times in my franchise....

P.S. KP to bad you have madden for 360 otherwise I would of liked to get a friendly game in with you sometime...i got it for ps3.