[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Getting Old sucks....

rocknrobn26

I think it's all based on your family. When you reach that acceptance that you have to start passing on torches, and you can see your children picking them up; and you know that you did a good job: then there is a sort of calming peace that truly measures the value of your life.

Getting old may suck-but- it beats the alternative!

I've said that also, but lately...... :D

Getting old sucks?

Uh.......

DUH

:wacko: Read your sig line and it's sooo true.... DUH!!!!

:D

Wierd. I was going to make a post with this very same title based on my recent experiences.

First, my family was planning to have a 80th birthday party for my Mom. They've been planning it since last fall. The day before the party, she goes into the emergency room by ambulance and then gets admitted into a nursing home. Hopefully she builds some strength up where she can return to living on her own again. But maybe not, who knows. That was 3 weeks ago.

My mother-in-law has basically been in heart failure for over a month now. She will not see next week. She is basically unplugged from any life supports right now.

So yea, that sucks.

Appreciate the vents/thoughts/etc.. But lately the times here aren't good.

My Mom had to move in with us..no biggie. Wellllllll maybe. My wife has been a saint helping her bathe,dress, and more. But it's trying.

We have to go all thru her stuff...BIGGIE! This is a nightmare. Long story.

I broke my rib twice since 01/01/2010.

My back went out out last week. Same thing I had 2 years ago (slipped disc). Trying the exercises the PT people gave me, but no resolve yet.

My dog had surgery today, but the Vet said "If more dogs were as good as yours, we'd be doing more local anesthesia." :wacko:

Frankly, I'm at my wits end, with no where to turn.

Just send us prayers and good wishes. I NEED HUDDLE MOJO!

TIA

rr26

at least you have a real age. at 23 I'm at that age where i'm to young to matter, and too old to hang out with the kids.mid twentys, what a useless set of years.

at least you have a real age. at 23 I'm at that age where i'm to young to matter, and too old to hang out with the kids.mid twentys, what a useless set of years.

Yea, well try this on for size. I went and had breakfast with a guy who is a competitor of mine. We're both business owners and we get together a couple times a year a shoot the chit. So he tells me two of his employees quit on him. He goes on about how the thirty somethings don't have their priority straight blah blah blah..... He said "I'm only hiring people in there mid 40s to 50s you know our age."

I'm only 37.... :wacko: