[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Well, That was scary!

Chargerz

Was working at the hospital today and the whole building started to shake.....and kept shaking for at least 30 seconds!

I haven't been in an earthquake that strong since I've lived here. My wife was gardening, and said it sounded like a freight train was going through the El Cajon valley. No injuries that I know of here, but the epicenter was in Mexico just east of Ensenada. Hope everyone is okay there. :wacko:

My wife and I are in Ventura (between L.A. and Santa Barbara, for those not familiar with the area), visiting her family, and we definitely felt it here. That's pretty crazy, considering we're over 900 miles from Ensenada. :wacko:

Edit: I'm supposed to go deep sea fishing with my 3 brothers-in-law on Tuesday morning... It's a 3/4-day trip out of Point Loma, where they take us into Mexican waters to fish yellow tail. Of course, now my wife says I shouldn't go (she gets pretty paranoid about just about anything... earthquakes, flights, etc.). :D

Edited by Gopher

My wife and I are in Ventura (between L.A. and Santa Barbara, for those not familiar with the area), visiting her family, and we definitely felt it here. That's pretty crazy, considering we're over 900 miles from Ensenada. :wacko:

Edit: I'm supposed to go deep sea fishing with my 3 brothers-in-law on Tuesday morning... It's a 3/4-day trip out of Point Loma, where they take us into Mexican waters to fish yellow tail. Of course, now my wife says I shouldn't go (she gets pretty paranoid about just about anything... earthquakes, flights, etc.). :D

I'm in the SF Valley in LA and felt it very much as well.

Chargerz - here's a sobering thought: I was 2 miles from the epicenter of the 1994 northridge quake which was a 6.8ish. You want scary? THAT was unforgettable. As you mentioned - the sound that thing makes when you're close to a strong epicenter is something you do not want to her.

You'll be safe on the water. Unless of course you're fishing off the coast of Somalia.

But you get no snow and it's always 700:D

glad yall are ok...a friend of mine who lives in Vegas said she could feel it (a little)

My serious sentiments also! God Bless. Been thru a few in Vegas. Scary chit.

Glad yall are OK Doc.! :wacko:

Felt it in Newport. More of a rolling/wave type than a rumbler. News coverage got to the point that it was stupid.

Yeah, parents said it was wavey, kind of like you were just having vertigo... parents' chandelier was swinging but gladly no damage.