[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tiger

Ramhock

Before his debacle, I had always thought he carried himself very well for being as recognizable as anyone on the planet. I never did root for him because I root for underdogs, when I don't have a particular rooting interest. He had every opportunity, during his several Masters interviews, to show us he may have changed . . . even a little.

He has not.

Going forward I will be rooting against him.

Before his debacle, I had always thought he carried himself very well for being as recognizable as anyone on the planet. I never did root for him because I root for underdogs, when I don't have a particular rooting interest. He had every opportunity, during his several Masters interviews, to show us he may have changed . . . even a little.

He has not.

I imagine he's quaking in his silly golf shoes.

When is the Masters, anyway? :wacko:

He has not.

He's never carried himself well on the course. Yesterday was typical Tiger, cursing to himself, throwing clubs, scowling all day. All of his promises to change his demeanor on the course were such bs, he couldn't even live up to them for one weekend with the eyes of the world on him.

Some people don't care about that stuff, they are just awestruck by his skills. Others contend there is a whole other aspect to golf that goes back to the history of the game -- sportsmanship, respect, all that stuff that used to be important. Maybe Tiger is a good representation of the direction society is headed.

C'mon, give the guy a break. He is not this infallable supe being... look he f'ed up, a lot of people have. The media frenzy around him has been ridculous, invasive at best.

He has not changed his persona on the course, no one really made a big deal of it before this, he was golf's darling. But now that we feel somehow betrayed by him going out and nailing multiple chicks not his wife, we now begin to scrutinize his actions on the course... his actions out there are no different than they used to be when everyone loved him, but now they are a huge issue... get over it and let the man be. He's a freaking golfer.

He has not.

Uh? You always thought he carried himself well? But now he's shown he hasn't changed so now you don't like him? :wacko:

C'mon, give the guy a break. He is not this infallable supe being... look he f'ed up, a lot of people have. The media frenzy around him has been ridculous, invasive at best.

He has not changed his persona on the course, no one really made a big deal of it before this, he was golf's darling. But now that we feel somehow betrayed by him going out and nailing multiple chicks not his wife, we now begin to scrutinize his actions on the course... his actions out there are no different than they used to be when everyone loved him, but now they are a huge issue... get over it and let the man be. He's a freaking golfer.

Well, he said that changing his behavior on the course was part of his new direction in life. Then when a commentator remarked about the difficulty with stifling all emotion versus showing passion on the course, Tiger snarkily said, "I think people are making WAY too much of all this."

Basically, you just can't believe a single thing that he says, ever.

I know a lot of people who never liked him because of his demeanor on the course.

But there are a lot that do like him because he's not the prototypical golfer, though. He's exciteable, animated, volatile, etc. He's a lot of things not historically associated with golf and golfers. Look at how much bigger golf has gotten due in large part to Tiger's popularity and the players becoming more "entertaining". Just sayin...

This whole Tiger situation reminds me of Homer's line when Marge found out that he got a gun against her wishes: "But Marge, I swear I never thought you'd find out!"

He went from getting all the tail in the world to none. I don't blame him for being pissy. I sure would be.

If it were a necessity for an athlete to have a high standard of decency to be liked, we would have a tough, tough time finding athletes worthy of becoming our favorites. If Tiger was a football player, he would still be considered squeaky-clean.

At the end of the day, who gives a flying fortress if a guy cusses at himself or cheats on his wife? It is okay for your favorite athlete to do it as long as he isn't Tiger Woods?

Look at how much bigger golf has gotten due in large part to Tiger's popularity and the players becoming more "entertaining". Just sayin...

Not just in large part, but solely due to Tiger. Golf was a complete after thought before Tiger and is when Tiger is not in the tournament. There are plenty of golfers that are and have been much more volatile then Tiger on the course.

My favorite part of this entire "Drama", is the revolution a few weeks ago that Tiger wanted to be referred to as Eldgride. Yet time and time again during the Masters, you would hear Tiger yelling "Cmon Tiger" on a bad shot. Pretty funny IMO.

My favorite part of this entire "Drama", is the revolution a few weeks ago that Tiger wanted to be referred to as Eldgride. Yet time and time again during the Masters, you would hear Tiger yelling "Cmon Tiger" on a bad shot. Pretty funny IMO.

that was an April Fools joke done on PTI and well done at that

If it were a necessity for an athlete to have a high standard of decency to be liked, we would have a tough, tough time finding athletes worthy of becoming our favorites. If Tiger was a football player, he would still be considered squeaky-clean.

At the end of the day, who gives a flying fortress if a guy cusses at himself or cheats on his wife? It is okay for your favorite athlete to do it as long as he isn't Tiger Woods playing a gentleman's game?

I have always admired the talent that Tiger has...what I found odd was once he became a media darling I was sorta shocked at his club "throwing" and "blowups" ...have their been worse? sure but Tiger is/was put on a pedestal and when that happens you are going to be held to a higher standard especially, imo when you are playing what is considered to be a gentleman's game...as for his emotions etc on the golf course...he said he was going to change that...he didn't...he and everyone else should expect to hear/read criticism about that...I still have the utmost respect for his golf game but as someone that holds marriage sacred not to mention having a strong regard for sportsmanship I have to say that as far as Tiger the person goes I could give 2 chits about him.

Meh...

A lot of haters out there.

I could give 2 sh-ts what the guy did with his personal affairs. I have no problem whatsoever with Tiger or his antics, be they on off OR on the course.

I just like watching the best there is do their thing.

I'm liking Anthony Kim and Dustin Johnson quite a bit from a golf standpoint. Hoping that one of them can break through. But certainly not hating on Tiger either.

that was an April Fools joke done on PTI and well done at that

ummmm no..I watched every round of the Masters and I heard him say it on several occasions.

ETA: oh you are talking about the "I wanna be referred to as Eldgridge" I'm assuming. Didn't know that.

Edited by tazinib1

He's always been an arrogant, self-serving, entitled pr1ck. A tiger will never shed its stripes.

i agree with the 1st 2, but how is he entitled? he is/was the best in his profession. he worked his ass off his whole life for that. and continues to work, i believe people will tell you he works his ass off. weights, practice time, etc.

now he is a pos, no doubt.

this is no excuse for the choices that Tiger has or is going to make... but I feel the whole role-model thing is overblown with Tiger. If a kid is watching golf, he likely a square already, has a male rolemodel in the house and is not likely to become a bad citizen by emulating Tiger. The kid is also not likely to be ADHD.