[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Nnamdi Asomugha says Raiders can make the playoffs

Infinity

Raiders being my second favorite team :wacko: I'd love to see it happen.

Link here

http://chat.nfl.com/front/index/891

JimBabwe, RaiderNation 4:03 PM ET

What the chances we make playoffs this year? Win,Lose,or Tie, Raider til I Die

Nnamdi Asomugha, Oakland Raiders

I think we've got all the pieces in place. It's just going to take a matter of how well and how fast we can jell as a team. But we definitely can make the playoffs this year.

As of right now, 31 other teams can make the playoffs too. :wacko:

But in all seriousness if the Raiders can play at their best and execute on the field, they have a serious shot at competing for the division. If SD somehow completely falls on their faces, sure - they could win the AFC West and get themselves in the playoffs.

Otherwise however, they'll give Denver a run for second place and look to finish around 8-8.

The AFC West should be far more competitive than in the past few years.

10-6 SD (4-2 in conference)

8-8 DEN (3-3 in conference)

7-9 OAK (3-3 in conference)

7-9 KC (2-4 in conference)

...or something like that...

Give them a decent QB, and yes they can. I mean all you need is a good run offense ( they have it) and a solid D (they've shown they can play D). I dont see why not honestly. The Jets had a rookie QB last year and made it to AFC championship.

Their defense has been pretty good, and seems to be getting better... they have some talent on offense but need to find a way to exploit it. It's a definite possibility. Teams have gone from near worst to first in the past.

Am I in the bizzarro-huddle forums? I can't believe we are all talking about the Raiders in a respectable way... and Bronco Billy has even posted in here!

I see no reason why we couldnt win another 4-5 games this year. We lost a few tough ones last year, and we have gotten significantly better (on paper).

It looks like everything is turning up Millhouse!

I think you're just being nice about my Broncos. If OAK does the smart thing and declares Campbell the starting QB so the team can just focus on winning and if Ryan Clady misses any significant time, I'd put OAK's chances of a wildcard at double DEN's.

I'd agree about the "just being nice" thing.

Denver is gonna struggle this year. I'd be very surprised if they were 8-8. I think more like 7-9 or 6-10 is where they'll end up.

I mean, where's the offense gonna come from? They have no one to make plays and no QB that can win games on his own.

I would almost even as early as it is consider IND, BAL, NYJ, SD locks for playoff spots. With MIA, OAK, CIN, DEN, and NE all looking at wild cart spots, so may the best man win

I think more teams need to be in consideration. Specifically, Hou and Tenn, Tenn is a year removed from having the best regular season record in the NFL. VY getting a total offseason as the starter could go a long way for the Titans this year. Hou has one of the best offenses in football. Ben Tate was a great pick for this team. He should be able to give them the big power back they've been lacking for years. The D has some standout talent, but the secondary scares me. I would still put Tenn and Hou above Oak or Den.

I think more teams need to be in consideration. Specifically, Hou and Tenn, Tenn is a year removed from having the best regular season record in the NFL. VY getting a total offseason as the starter could go a long way for the Titans this year. Hou has one of the best offenses in football. Ben Tate was a great pick for this team. He should be able to give them the big power back they've been lacking for years. The D has some standout talent, but the secondary scares me. I would still put Tenn and Hou above Oak or Den.

You're right, Hou and Tenn completely slipped my mind, who knows. CAN THE lovely FOOTBALL SEASON START ALREADY