[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

More theft?

westvirginia

:wacko:

Adams' plight emerged last week when she and her children were forced to stay in a rundown hotel room after she had been evicted from her apartment. She doesn't work, and the father of many of her children was in prison.

She said that the county and state were not doing enough to help her and her children. Her statements caused a stir of criticism, mostly from people who said she was the cause of her own problems.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

:wacko:

This can't be true - according to most lefties on this board the only people that use govt hand outs are the good people who have recently lost jobs and are doing everything they can to get back on track and just need a little help. Nobody would ever voluntarily rely on all of us to pay the bills for them. This is the fault of education and 8 other things which none of those 8 would be the actual person.

All she needs is a bit more welfare and maybe some free health insurance and I am betting she will soon be a succesful exec somewhere.

Some people shouldn't be allowed to continue to breed.

Every read Freakonomics? There is a story about a woman who named her daughter Temptress. She had to go to court because the girl (15) was sneaking men into her bedroom. The judge asked the woman why on earth she named her daughter that, and she replied that the girl was named after the actress on the Cosby Show, Temptress Bledsoe.

Every read Freakonomics? There is a story about a woman who named her daughter Temptress. She had to go to court because the girl (15) was sneaking men into her bedroom. The judge asked the woman why on earth she named her daughter that, and she replied that the girl was named after the actress on the Cosby Show, Temptress Bledsoe.

She shoulda ax somebody :wacko:

Honestly, I don't give much of a crap about mom, but there's 12 kids involved in this mess that didn't ask to be born. And as long as we want to go around the world saying "we're better than you" then we need to step up and see to it that those kids aren't selling chicklets on the streets. Do I relish the notion that things like this are happening? Absolutely not. Do I think this woman is basically at fault? Absolutely. Do I think that part of what makes America great is the fact that you don't have (many) children begging on the streets? You bet your ass.

Here's the part that all the "righties" are missing. Knowing that, if push comes to shove, the gov't will give you barely enough to scrape by is not an incentive to do nothing. People aren't saying, "why bother making anything of myself. I can just make babies and the gov't will still see to it that I don't die on the streets." We go on and on about the plight of the poor rich dudes who are footing the bill for all this. But until someone actually wants to trade places with this woman, then it's really a bunch of BS.

Some people shouldn't be allowed to continue to breed.

I agree. In fact, I'd go even further to say many people shouldnt be allowed to reproduce :wacko:

Be prepared for BPW to come along shortly and call you "Mao" for saying that, though :tup:

Don't get me started on how many people have kids who shouldn't. And honestly, it goes much further than whether or not you can afford them. There's people out there who are just flat-out unfit parents. However, none of us want to live in a country that tells people who can and can't breed. Well, I know I don't. And I've chosen not to breed.

hehe, gotta love people that can't even get the names of the people thay are naming their kids after correct.

Honestly, I don't give much of a crap about mom, but there's 12 kids involved in this mess that didn't ask to be born. And as long as we want to go around the world saying "we're better than you" then we need to step up and see to it that those kids aren't selling chicklets on the streets. Do I relish the notion that things like this are happening? Absolutely not. Do I think this woman is basically at fault? Absolutely. Do I think that part of what makes America great is the fact that you don't have (many) children begging on the streets? You bet your ass.

Here's the part that all the "righties" are missing. Knowing that, if push comes to shove, the gov't will give you barely enough to scrape by is not an incentive to do nothing. People aren't saying, "why bother making anything of myself. I can just make babies and the gov't will still see to it that I don't die on the streets." We go on and on about the plight of the poor rich dudes who are footing the bill for all this. But until someone actually wants to trade places with this woman, then it's really a bunch of BS.

You are right - I do not want to trade places with this woman but that does not make it a bunch of BS. This woman knew exactly what she was doing when she was having unprotected sex with a F'n loser - she made these choices and because of the choices SHE made a lot of other people suffer - including the kids. I feel for the 12 kids but I don't feel one ounce of pity for this useless beeotch.

Everyone feels sympathy for the children. Guess what--at best these kids get some basic needs met via food/shelter in foster care. Often times, kids in the foster system bounce from one family to another. If the kids are re lucky, they might get some basic counseling services. Then they become adults and replicate the only survival system they know. And we'll feel sorry for their children. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Knowing that, if push comes to shove, the gov't will give you barely enough to scrape by is not an incentive to do nothing. People aren't saying, "why bother making anything of myself. I can just make babies and the gov't will still see to it that I don't die on the streets."

Actually I believe this is exactly what is happening. As long as we keep footing the bill, women like this will continue to breed unchecked, not unlike a stray dog or cat. There are extremely poor, ignorant, addicted people in the ghetto who have known no better life. In the name of compassion, we write them checks so they can produce more and more of them, then we pay for their trials and incarceration.

Survival of the fittest works pretty well for the rest of the animal kingdom, maybe we shouldn't tinker with it.

Actually I believe this is exactly what is happening. As long as we keep footing the bill, women like this will continue to breed unchecked, not unlike a stray dog or cat. There are extremely poor, ignorant, addicted people in the ghetto who have known no better life. In the name of compassion, we write them checks so they can produce more and more of them, then we pay for their trials and incarceration.

Survival of the fittest works pretty well for the rest of the animal kingdom, maybe we shouldn't tinker with it.

That's easy to say until you start seeing children die in the streets.

This can't be true - according to most lefties on this board the only people that use govt hand outs are the good people who have recently lost jobs and are doing everything they can to get back on track and just need a little help.

You have confused this board with another and clearly don't have the proper mental faculties. Please turn in your reproductive rights card. TIA.

Don't get me started on how many people have kids who shouldn't. And honestly, it goes much further than whether or not you can afford them. There's people out there who are just flat-out unfit parents. However, none of us want to live in a country that tells people who can and can't breed. Well, I know I don't. And I've chosen not to breed.

Agreed 100% with the bolded. There are people all over the income scale that are not cut out to be parents. As providing food, clothing, and shelter are the most basic parts of the deal, however, I'll start by trying to limit the poor first and then working up to the other fools that shouldnt be cranking them out...

As far as "none of us want to live in a country that tells people who can and can't breed" I disagree. I would have no problem with a law against people who are on assistance(and have been on assistance for and extended period of time) being prohibited/punished for having more kids.

You are right - I do not want to trade places with this woman but that does not make it a bunch of BS. This woman knew exactly what she was doing when she was having unprotected sex with a F'n loser - she made these choices and because of the choices SHE made a lot of other people suffer - including the kids. I feel for the 12 kids but I don't feel one ounce of pity for this useless beeotch.

Precisely!

Let's not lose sight of who is the real @sshole in stories like this. This woman is doing this to herself and her kids.

Yep

Luckily we have natural predators like polar bears, orca whales, and tame Las Vegas lions to help thin the herd.

That's easy to say until you start seeing children die in the streets.

Exactly

Now, assuming that we're not prepared to start making soylent green or trip over dead bodies in the streets, let's think realistically about the true failures of welfare. I see welfare breaking up into three categories. On one end, you've got good people who hate the fact that they have to dip into the well and are going to fight like hell to get off it. Those are the nice stories. On the opposite end, you've got people who are completely worthless. And if we made them get jobs, they'd just be leaches on their employers (if not worse) instead of leaches on the public at large. I don't see how one is any better than the other. I sure as hell can way more afford to have something shaved off the top of my income to keep this effer alive than I can afford to waste space in one of my restaurants if this person simply doesn't give a crap at all.

That leaves the middle. That is, people who aren't a total waste and would be adequate in some jobs but are just lazy enough to realize that it's not much worse in the short term (if at all worse) to just suck on the teat and don't have the long range vision to realize that something better than subsistence might be waiting for them if they just stick it out down that road a bit. Now, who knows how big this chunk is. I'm not saying it's too small to matter at all, but I'd be pretty damned surprise to find it as big as what some make it out to be. Because if I listen to enough people, I'd start to think that it's pretty much all of them. And that's the only person we're really talking about. The person who would otherwise go find a job were it not for the fact that it's easier to just collect a check.

So is it happening? Of course it is. But I'd bet it's the case far less often than you think. So, like pretty much everything else, there's an unfortunate side-effect to something that it essentially worth having around. Because selfishly, I'd rather pay a little extra each month to not have to contend with the alternative of keeping the very lowest rungs of our society alive. I know, that makes me sound like a selfish pr!ck, but that's how it is.

More importantly, what's the alternative? Assuming again, that we're not prepared to actually go through with some of the crap that is being idly thrown out here. Make them get a job? Great. What if they don't? What if they're so freaking bad at that job that the employer refuses to keep them around? Make them clean up trash in the streets? Great. What if they just stand there and refuse? Cut off their dicks or sew them shut? A bit draconian, don't you say?

Edited by detlef

Here's a thought. How much do Lions fans spend on parking, tickets, and overpriced beer every year? What if they all stopped doing that and paid half that money into a fund to take care of the poor? Then, the NFL takes half the money they send to Detroit each year and does the same. I mean, as long as we're talking about survival of the fittest. That's a welfare queen if I ever saw one. Sucking the the teat of the NFL shared revenues and making it worse still by exploiting the loyalty of fans in an economically ravaged state.