[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brian Cushing suspended 4 games

mathews only got 10 votes? Boooo

I think it has to do with him not having a lot of tackles. I will say of the rookies, only Byrd compares as fare as game changing plays. I still think Matthews is the game changer more so then Cushing or Matthews, but his low tackle total and no INT's probably cost him.

Still, glad to see him get 10 votes. The voting this time around looks closer to what it should have been the first time.

Random observation that this is my 10,000 post. Wow...

Edited by piratesownninjas

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One NFL GM tells Thomas George of AOL Fanhouse that suspended LB Brian Cushing's steroids use dates back to high school.

Analysis: "We did our research on him before the draft last year and we concluded he was a chronic steroid user dating back to high school," said the unnamed general manager. "More than a few people were surprised when he passed the steroid tests at the Combine. I think the guy became a pro at masking it, until he was caught. I definitely would have taken my vote back on (the Defensive Rookie of the Year) award if I had one."

(Article Link)

I actually take issue with this. Seems like they're piling on at this point.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-a...evoterbreakdown

who the AP voters voted for:

KEPT BRIAN CUSHING(notes) (17)

Don Banks, Sports Illustrated.com

Bob Berger, Sporting News Radio

Chris Berman, ESPN

Steve Cohen, Sirius Satellite Radio

Frank Cooney, SportsXChange

Mark Craig, Minneapolis Star Tribune

Tom Curran, Comcast Sportsnet

Vinny Ditrani, The Record

Rick Gosselin, Dallas Morning News

Paul Gutierrez, Sacramento Bee

Clark Judge, CBSSports.com

John McClain, Houston Chronicle

Gary Myers, New York Daily News

Danny O'Neil, Seattle Times

Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com

Adam Teicher, Kansas City Star

Charean Williams Fort Worth Star-Telegram

KEPT JAIRUS BYRD(notes) (4)

Brian Allee-Walsh, New Orleans.com

Paul Domowitch, Philadelphia Daily News

Ashley Fox, Philadelphia Inquirer

Armando Salguero, Miami Herald

KEPT CLAY MATTHEWS(notes) (3)

Jim Corbett, USA Today

Tony Grossi, Cleveland Plain Dealer

Kent Somers, Arizona Republic

CHANGED TO BRIAN CUSHING (1)

Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette (Jairus Byrd)

CHANGED FROM BRIAN CUSHING (19)

Jarrett Bell, USA Today (Jairus Byrd)

Clifton Brown, The Sporting News (Jairus Byrd)

Rich Cimini, New York Daily News (Clay Matthews)

John Clayton, ESPN The Magazine (Clay Matthews)

Bob Costas, HBO/NBC Sports (Clay Matthews)

John Czarnecki, Fox Sports (Brian Orakpo(notes))

Boomer Esiason, CBS/Westwood One (Jairus Byrd)

Mark Gaughan, Buffalo News (Jairus Byrd)

Nancy Gay, AOL Fanhouse (Jairus Byrd)

Bob Glauber, Newsday (Jairus Byrd)

Dave Goldberg, AOL Fanhouse (Clay Matthews)

Ira Kaufman, Tampa Tribune (Jairus Byrd)

Peter King, Sports Illustrated (Clay Matthews)

Matt Maiocco, Santa Rosa Press Democrat (Clay Matthews)

Alex Marvez, Foxsports.com (Jairus Byrd)

Pat McManamon, Akron Beacon Journal (Jairus Byrd)

Dan Pompei, Chicago Tribune (Clay Matthews)

Adam Schein, Sirius NFL Radio (Brian Orakpo)

Frank Schwab, Colorado Springs Gazette (Clay Matthews)

ABSTAINED (3)

Howie Long, Fox Sports

Chris Mortensen, ESPN

Tom Silverstein, Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

Note: All had Cushing in the original balloting.

CHANGED FROM JAIRUS BYRD (2)

Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette (Brian Cushing)

David Elfin, Washington Times (Brian Orakpo)

CHANGED FROM BRIAN ORAKPO (2)

Howard Balzer, Fox Sports Net (James Laurinaitis(notes))

Len Shapiro, Miami Herald (Clay Matthews)

There was basically no reaction when Peppers tested positive. Unreal how much crap this guy is getting.

Again, Peppers used a diuretic, not HGH or steroid. Major difference. One is a steriod and the other makes you pee alot to lose water weight. Skinny white boys who have to use steroids in order to have the size to play football are 100% cheaters and need to be off the juice in order for the rest of the world to see what they truly are, skinny little boys who will cheat to get what they want. Cushing is not naturally that big, the gym will only do what your genetics are, and Cushing introduced growth hormones into his body in order to 'get those needed genetics' and for all those workouts to add mass so he could be big enough to keep playing.

So basically most NFL writers don't give a crap about PED's. No other way to say it.
No, I would say that more (19 that didn't vote for Cushing) care about PED then don't care (17 that kept their vote for him). Three apparently don't have the balls to take a stand one way or another and one has the balls, but took a stand and voted for the wrong reason.

Again, Peppers used a diuretic, not HGH or steroid. Major difference. One is a steriod and the other makes you pee alot to lose water weight. Skinny white boys who have to use steroids in order to have the size to play football are 100% cheaters and need to be off the juice in order for the rest of the world to see what they truly are, skinny little boys who will cheat to get what they want. Cushing is not naturally that big, the gym will only do what your genetics are, and Cushing introduced growth hormones into his body in order to 'get those needed genetics' and for all those workouts to add mass so he could be big enough to keep playing.

You're making quite the jump. You're saying Peppers didn't test positive for a steroid, that is correct. Cushing "allegedly" did not either. Who are you to say that Cushing for sure cheated and used an actual steroid when he has never failed a "steroid test?" Peppers failed a drug test that cost him four games. So did Cushing. The only difference is one is linked to masking steroids where the other isn't. Who knows the truth? Not you or I. The only reason I say all of this is because I think this entire system in sports is flawed. Do I think he used PED's? I really don't know. Do I care? Not really.

Writers like Peter King have come out and said Peppers didn't deserve the award he got the year he was suspended. And Peppers didn't take a steroid. What does that mean then?

Edited by Goopster24

No, I would say that more (19 that didn't vote for Cushing) care about PED then don't care (17 that kept their vote for him). Three apparently don't have the balls to take a stand one way or another and one has the balls, but took a stand and voted for the wrong reason.

The fact that he still retained the award says what voters are thinking. They switched their votes but he still got more votes than a guy who is supposed to be "clean."

Cushing is a known juicer- multiple scouts have known he has been on roids since HS...... hie presser made me want to puke

if you up the word Megan Foxer in the dictionary you see a pic of Cushing and is 75lb melon

dude makes Barry Bonds look like a pinhead

And again, Cushing wasn't caught with HGH or a steroid. Please read about the case before you get on your high horse. And what's with the "Skinny white boys" thing? HCG is not human growth hormone.

Can we change the newbie tool of the year award to just read "Scooby's Hubby"?

Cushing is a known juicer- multiple scouts have known he has been on roids since HS...... hie presser made me want to puke

if you up the word Megan Foxer in the dictionary you see a pic of Cushing and is 75lb melon

dude makes Barry Bonds look like a pinhead

pirate...if you are still in denial that the skinny white boy named Cushing did not take roids your are naive...and you are the tool, obviously even before your naive posts in defense of Cushing. See, everyone knew but you...

And again, Cushing wasn't caught with HGH or a steroid. Please read about the case before you get on your high horse. And what's with the "Skinny white boys" thing? HCG is not human growth hormone.

Again, Pirate the gullable tool...I will repeat... pirate...if you are still in denial that the skinny white boy named Cushing did not take roids in college or high school or before the combine then your are naive...and you are the tool, obviously even before your naive posts in defense of Cushing.

If you knew me, I would be tha last guy you would call a tool. If name calling is all you got for your naive self, then go away.

And by the way, I was playing big cash Fantasy Football beginning in 1992, my freshman year in college...something tells me that you were lucky for your daddy to buy you some legos in 1992. In 1992 I was partying with hot 20 somethings (old enough to damm near be your mommy) and I mean partying like a rock star, what were you doing in 1992? Don't make me come correct with that Tool crappola. You come up with some scratch you don't mind losing and lets make some bets. II live in Texas, too and would love the chance to come collect and then publicize your losses. Tool.

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

The Associated Press sought out the input of Dr. Gary Wadler, who chairs the committe that the determines the banned substances for the World Anti-Doping Agency. And Dr. Wadler summed the situation up perfectly.

"If he had a tumor that produced hCG, he wouldn't be playing football," Wadler said. "He would be under treatment for a malignant tumor."

Wadler also pointed out that, if Cushing had a tumor, he would have tested positive for hCG consistently. Instead, Cushing only tested positive for hCG once.

"Malignant testicular tumors producing hCG are rather lethal," Dr. Wadler said. "It is a fairly aggressive tumor and you're not playing in the NFL with one."

And by the way, I was playing big cash Fantasy Football beginning in 1992, my freshman year in college...

Ever do any winning? :wacko:

In 1992 I was partying with hot 20 somethings (old enough to damm near be your mommy) and I mean partying like a rock star, what were you doing in 1992? Don't make me come correct with that Tool crappola. You come up with some scratch you don't mind losing and lets make some bets. II live in Texas, too and would love the chance to come collect and then publicize your losses. Tool.

:tup:

And by the way, I was playing big cash Fantasy Football beginning in 1992, my freshman year in college...something tells me that you were lucky for your daddy to buy you some legos in 1992. In 1992 I was partying with hot 20 somethings (old enough to damm near be your mommy) and I mean partying like a rock star, what were you doing in 1992? Don't make me come correct with that Tool crappola. You come up with some scratch you don't mind losing and lets make some bets. II live in Texas, too and would love the chance to come collect and then publicize your losses. Tool.

Pocs?

Ever do any winning? :wacko:

Well heck yea! :tup: Lately, it has been the teams me and Scooby split that we have been winning. We won both leagues we split last year. Now we want to parlay our sucess at the WCOFF! Hopefully signing up this weekend, when she and I have time to get our acts together. I have our kids taken care of, now we just have to book the trip. :tup:

I actually take issue with this. Seems like they're piling on at this point.

When he continues to keep himself in the news by denying any steroid ever use to this day, and now is going with a story that he's going to get his nuts checked for tumors because he couldn't have possibly been doping, this is what he gets back at him.

It would be nice to see him at least man up. It would effectively kill the story, and he's going to be suspended either way.

Holy crap. Does Mrs. Scooby know all of this? You may have a lot bigger problem than winning a simple argument here ...

These "dicks on the bar" arguments are always so fun.

Edited by Bronco Billy