[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

HuddleDocs: I hurt my hand

Tford

Backstory:

Went out drinking on Friday for a coworker's farewell party. Drank enough rum and tequila shots to drop a small horse. I remember playing one of those punching bag games with a couple guys I work with. I won the first couple rounds :flex: but I lost because I hit the bag sorta sideways and it didn't move very well.

Fast forward to Saturday morning and I can't move my hand.

Symptoms:

- Limited range of motion in my wrist (both pulling palm away and towards my arm) but increasing better every day.

- Limited range of motion in my thumb but 100% better now.

- Limited strength in both index and thumb (I can't grip things without pain; strength is probably related to the fact that it hurts like hell when I try to pick things up with that hand); This still isn't the greatest but is slightly better than Saturday.

- Swelling in thumb and wrist

- The remaining three fingers on my right hand are fine. I can grip and ###### things with those fingers without pain as long as my wrist is straight.

I think it's a sprained thumb/wrist and there's little point in seeing a doctor right now because nothing will be done about it but my wife is harping on me to go. What say you huddle masses?

Not a doctor, but I hurt my hand hitting something back in 1997 & my hand is permanently messed up. I had x-rays and they didn't find any broken bones, but I wish I'd had it checked out a bit more thoroughly. Now I get pains in my hand between my pinky and ring finger when I use it a lot. What's worse is my thumb has limited flexibility and locks at the joint often which is quite painful to pop back.

I'd get it checked out & see how bad it may be.

Backstory:

Went out drinking on Friday for a coworker's farewell party. Drank enough rum and tequila shots to drop a small horse.

Not sure if this was intentional or not but I did get the reference. Classic line from an old Robin Williams stand up routine. He Said , Sigmund Frued is considered the founding father of pyschiatry and the man did enough cocaine to kill a small horse :tup:

drink tequila --> start punching stuff with your thumbs. one more reason why I never touch the stuff :wacko:

:tup:

Not sure if this was intentional or not but I did get the reference. Classic line from an old Robin Williams stand up routine. He Said , Sigmund Frued is considered the founding father of pyschiatry and the man did enough cocaine to kill a small horse :wacko:

:tup:

Well done. Was wondering if anyone would get that. :tup:

I think women harping is one of the sexiest things ever. Legs spread wide open straddling a big ole harp strumming back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. Yep, my wrist is just fine.

Using the base of the injured hand, repeatedly smack yourself in the forehead. Once the pain in your head exceeds the pain in your hand, stop. Take 2 aspirin. Go to bed. Call me in the morning. Then put the lime in the coconut.....

Edited by Rovers

Look man...the hand and the wrist has so many freaking bones in it, you should probably go and get it looked at in case there's any type of hairline in it. An XRay will actually verify that you do in fact hit like a girl, but at least you'll know what's wrong with you besides the fact of being soft.

It sounds like symptoms I get when I sprain my wrist when I go over the handle bars on my bike, and stop my fall with my hands. I should but don't ever get it x-rayed and it is always heals but takes like 3 months. Wrists take a looong time. If you don't have a $2500 deductible policy like I have, I'd get it looked at.

There are so many ligaments, bones, tendons, and muscles in your hand that can get injured and affect the use of your hand FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. Go get seen and at least get an x-ray!!