[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bobby Carpenter to the Rams

Maybe he will have a Leonard davis like turn around in big D. We will just swap his penalties in for the ones we gave up when we released flozel.

Maybe he will have a Leonard davis like turn around in big D. We will just swap his penalties in for the ones we gave up when we released flozel.

Barron led the league last year with (5) holding calls, but I will definitely take that over Flozelle's 25 false starts. After watching Carpenter a step behind all season, i will take a former first round tackle who has started 74 games and has only been in the league for 4 years.

Good trade IMO.

Thats funny....I was thinking the same exact thing when I saw this trade

Barron led the league last year with (5) holding calls, but I will definitely take that over Flozelle's 25 false starts. After watching Carpenter a step behind all season, i will take a former first round tackle who has started 74 games and has only been in the league for 4 years.

Good trade IMO.

Thing is, while Adams jumped way too much, rarely in his run was Romo destroyed from his blindside. Adams protected Romo. Barron, if forced into action will not. Pray that Free is the answer.

How do you start 74 games in only 4 years? :wacko:

Good point, but I think it goes without saying that was a typo, as the # of games started are right in the article that was posted. Since he was drafted in 2005, he has been playing for 5 years. Thanks for pointing out the obvious.

I think the Rams could end up with a nice trade here. The Dallas area bashes on Carpenter non stopped, but the fact is that he was never a 3-4 backer. Putting him at his natural position in his natural scheme could do wonders for him.

They could, but in too many games, I watched Carpenter seem lost in coverage, a step or two behind a TE for a backer who is supposed to be fast. Let's hope it works out for both teams.

They could, but in too many games, I watched Carpenter seem lost in coverage, a step or two behind a TE for a backer who is supposed to be fast. Let's hope it works out for both teams.

the fact that Alex Barron no longer plays for the Rams means that the trade has already worked out for them.

Bobby will be re-united with Laurenitis, his college buddy, which may help his turn around. Barron has starts but really only adds depth in case the Dougy Free experiment does not pan out.

I suppose they could be buddies but they only played together one year, and Laurenitis only saw significant minutes when Carpenter went down. Not sure if this matters or not but it isnt like they had a bunch of time to develop any chemistry.

I suppose they could be buddies but they only played together one year, and Laurenitis only saw significant minutes when Carpenter went down. Not sure if this matters or not but it isnt like they had a bunch of time to develop any chemistry.

I hesitate to even get involved in this discussion but you really just argued over whether or not two players were "buddies" in college and your argument is based on the number of minutes "played" together? :wacko:

I am pretty sure they are allowed to associate with one another even when they are not "playing" together in an actual game.

Edited by Jrick35

Good luck with Barron. That guy is a drive killer and the Rams improved their team immensely by getting rid of him.

Good trade IMO.

:wacko:

I haven't done the research but I'm willing to bet that Barron has racked up some serious false starts as well. Last year was a little different but it was pretty predictable every time the whistle blew and they announced a false start that it was Barron.

Edited by twiley

Good luck with Barron. That guy is a drive killer and the Rams improved their team immensely by getting rid of him.

:wacko:

I haven't done the research but I'm willing to bet that Barron has racked up some serious false starts as well. Last year was a little different but it was pretty predictable every time the whistle blew and they announced a false start that it was Barron.

Not sure what's funny, but even if we hold all things equal and simply agree that they both racked up their share of penalties, Flozelle was deaf in one ear and very long in the tooth on the downside of his career. The cowboys released him before the trade and picked up a young LT for a back-up non-starting MLB.

Don't see the downside. Barron is young and entering his prime. Even if he doesn't work out, the boys didn't give up anything.

I hesitate to even get involved in this discussion but you really just argued over whether or not two players were "buddies" in college and your argument is based on the number of minutes "played" together? :wacko:

I am pretty sure they are allowed to associate with one another even when they are not "playing" together in an actual game.

I never said whether they were buddies or whethere they were not. I have no idea. I was replying to someone who said they were. I just said I suppose they could be, but they didnt play together much so I doubt there is the chemistry he was implying there may be.

• 3 months later...