[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

World Cup 2010

alexgaddis

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

relatively uninteresting match indeed.

Ironic that we were having this conversation about Henry's intentional handball: the brazilian scored the second goal with TWO intentional handballs in under 2 seconds.

One intentional., IMO, the second one. Not sure he had a clue where it was for the first.

Brazil could win this by as many as they like. The third was scintillating.

relatively uninteresting match indeed.

Ironic that we were having this conversation about Henry's intentional handball: the brazilian scored the second goal with TWO intentional handballs in under 2 seconds.

not certain about two, but definitely one more than players are allowed

the referees have sure sucked with calls/non-calls in the box in the past few days

Italy is nothing compared to Ronaldo when it comes to flopping...

If the would stop blowing the whistle when they flop... they would drastically cut down on the flopping. IMO, flopping is a learned response to the whistle being blown...

I say, play on.

If the would stop blowing the whistle when they flop... they would drastically cut down on the flopping. IMO, flopping is a learned response to the whistle being blown...

I say, play on.

It is extremely difficult for a ref to decide while running full out what is flopping and what isn't, same as fouls in basketball are pure guesswork.

Better yet, do what the NFL do and review every game after it's done. I would not want to see any referee's call overturned but if all proven flopping brought a one-match suspension, the whole thing would be stopped dead in it's tracks.

Better yet, do what the NFL do and review every game after it's done. I would not want to see any referee's call overturned but if all proven flopping brought a one-match suspension, the whole thing would be stopped dead in it's tracks.

This is the best, most insightful post you have ever made. I vote for you as president of FIFA.

Holy hell, Portugal is stomping the mess outta those freaking commies.

Port 5 N.Korea Nil

Edited by SEC=UGA

It is extremely difficult for a ref to decide while running full out what is flopping and what isn't, same as fouls in basketball are pure guesswork.

Then the refs wouldn't be able to decide the outcome based on what team they want to win tie.

I just read that this was the first game that the NK authorites allowed to be shown live back in the DPRK. oops :wacko:

"Tactically speaking, we fell apart and we couldn't block their attacks," North Korea coach Kim Jong Hun said. "It was my fault for not playing the right strategy and that is why we conceded a lot of goals."

I know a soccer coach whose life expectancy just sank faster than BP stock. :tup:

Edited by Azazello1313