[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

World Cup 2010

alexgaddis

it doesn't matter that we allowed two goals, because we scored three. what did we let affect us? that we should've scored four goals, just in case the referee decides to make up a call to disallow one of them?

i just skimmed through the serbia-germany game. no reason klose should've gotten his second yellow. now one of the best players in the tournament will miss a crucial game for germany. i don't know what kind of oversight there is for these refs, but if players who make dumb decisions are penalized with disqualifications, the refs should be held to the same standard. ridiculous.

my point isn't that we would have to score 4, my point was that we let them get their 2 goals in the first place. The ref didn't score the goals for Slovenia, a poor start (equaling almost the whole first half) and poor defense should be where the blame lies. This, in turn, causes us to have to come from behind and have a scenario occur where a TERRIBLE call on a phantom penalty screws us.

It's no different than any other sport... Don't let the ref's get to have an influence on the outcome of the game.

I'm still pissed about the call!! and it makes the comeback bitter sweet, so I understand the frustration, but always look in the mirror first when placing blame.

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like England better bring it against Slovenia or they're going home. Unbelievable. And Germany has to play their next match without their best forward. And Spain is 0-1, and the French are done. Man, it's been interesting so far to say the least.

US Scenarios to Advance:

1. Beat Algeria or

2. Tie Algeria and Slovenia beats England or

3. Tie Algeria and England/Slovenia tie. Then goes to goals scored by England and US. If thats a tie we have a coin flip (draw lots)

US Scenarios to Advance:

1. Beat Algeria or

2. Tie Algeria and Slovenia beats England or

3. Tie Algeria and England/Slovenia tie. Then goes to goals scored by England and US. If thats a tie we have a coin flip (draw lots)

and we've got a two goal edge on them there so far. looks pretty good :wacko:

awesome job Algeria. I love Rooney hating on his own fans for booing their own team! ha ha. USA win and we're in. simple as that they control their own destiny to the round of 16 at this point.

Edited by Akfatha

Looks like England better bring it against Slovenia or they're going home. Unbelievable. And Germany has to play their next match without their best forward. And Spain is 0-1, and the French are done. Man, it's been interesting so far to say the least.

They should even have been there since they qualified on a "hand ball" goal.

I deal a lot with our UK offices and datacenter folk. Good people there. And by good people I mean simply good hearted, enjoyable people to talk to. This one account manager over there, Kenny, and I always talk 'football' every time we chat. They really do love this sh1t over there, no doubt. So, when they announced the schedule we, naturally, had a go at it. A couple of weeks go, while listening to him explain just how bad the UK was going to whoop up on the US, I bought the FIFA USA super fan pack (It came with an official FIFA USA jersey, 4ft USA scarf, red USA hat, and a pennant) and had it shipped to him at the office. Didn't tell him it was coming either. I got pictures in an email with him wearing everything and the rest of the office mockingly laughing.

I can't wait to talk to him on monday now......

La Bock'

you should order him this shirt, particularly if the US advances and england doesn't.

Insurance saleswoman Yvonne Mayer, 29, was unable to speak or eat for two days after ripping her windpipe when she blew the three foot horn during a street party in Cape Town.

umm :wacko:

The next day shocked doctors diagnosed her with a ruptured throat and ordered her to rest it completely to allow it to heal.

I was walking towards the Fan Park in Cape Town and blowing it as hard as I could when suddenly my throat started to hurt.

At first I thought I'd gone down with a bug but the next day it was worse.

When I went to the doctor he took a look and then laughed.

He said I'd ruptured my throat by blowing too hard, and that perhaps I had been doing it all wrong.

After that I was told to go home and relax the whole area.

let's be honest here: France shouldn't even be in the World Cup finals to begin with.

They should even have been there since they qualified on a "hand ball" goal.

Not going to spend a lot of time defending france here, as I am pretty sure the huddle is not exactly packed with francophiles, and to be honest this french team is not likeable (even less so now that it has the stench of defeat on it) both individually, and collectively.

HOWEVER let's not forget that Henry's handball did not rob the Irish from qualification, it robbed them the opportunity to continue trying to qualify. Had Henry not allowed Gallas to score on his handball, the game would have continued into overtime until someone scored, or gone to a penaly shootout (where the french would have been considered favorites) the winner of that would have gone on.

that is all.

Happens all the time in top level soccer. Referees are extremely heavily scrutinized. What will never happen (though IIRC there was an instance at club level several years ago) is a reversal of a decision after the fact. And calls for video replay of incidents like this are unlikely to come to fruition either.

It is what it is, like the incorrect Gallaraga call.