[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

World Cup 2010

alexgaddis

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the ref must be on the Pittsburg Steelers payroll.

man, i am steaming over that phantom call. great comeback, but we should have 3 points. altidore got that ridiculous hand ball AND his second yellow card on a ball that didn't even look like it hit anything but his face. and not just our side, but i'm not sure slovenia deserved half those yellow cards.

man, i am steaming over that phantom call. great comeback, but we should have 3 points. altidore got that ridiculous hand ball AND his second yellow card on a ball that didn't even look like it hit anything but his face. and not just our side, but i'm not sure slovenia deserved half those yellow cards.

Altidore didn't get the 1 yellow for USA, it was Fidley. And they did deserve more than half of those.

ETA: I'm with on the phantom call though!. But we shouldn't have put ourselves in a position to let that effect us.

Altidore didn't get the 1 yellow for USA, it was Fidley. And they did deserve more than half of those.

ETA: I'm with on the phantom call though!. But we shouldn't have put ourselves in a position to let that effect us.

Irrelevant. Bad call took 2 points from us

sorry, it was findley.

it doesn't matter that we allowed two goals, because we scored three. what did we let affect us? that we should've scored four goals, just in case the referee decides to make up a call to disallow one of them?

i just skimmed through the serbia-germany game. no reason klose should've gotten his second yellow. now one of the best players in the tournament will miss a crucial game for germany. i don't know what kind of oversight there is for these refs, but if players who make dumb decisions are penalized with disqualifications, the refs should be held to the same standard. ridiculous.

Great comeback indeed, too bad it was spoiled by the worst call EVAH!...anyway, glad that Findley is out for the next game, I would rather see Buddle up there, Findley looks lost...

and what was that Slovenian goalie doing on Landons goal... :wacko: SKERRED!

Look, another "biggest soccer tournament ever" is going to happen in 4 years. My balls are forever. Smart man. Allow the goal and keep my boys happy.

Let he who has not pinched his balls between his thighs in a critical situation cast the first stone.

Edited by TimC

so what exactly happened (phantom call)?

there's video of the goal here:

http://deadspin.com/5567124/heres-video-of...jobbed-by-a-ref

i haven't seen an explanation for what the call was, but no one involved with the play was offside, and the only apparent penalties were being committed against u.s. players.

edit: i guess the call was penalty on edu. good luck finding one.

Edited by montster