[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Big Ben accuser interview video released

budlitebrad

Some videos are up on TMZ.

GBI releases more than 50 recordings

ESPN.com news services

MILLEDGEVILLE, Ga. -- The college student who accused Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger of sexually assaulting her said she didn't try to fight him off because he appeared earlier in the night to have a short temper.

"I noticed throughout the night he kind of had like a short temper, like he would get really like defensive," she told police in her second interview with them on March 5, about 12 hours after she said the assault took place. She didn't elaborate further on what made her think the quarterback had a short temper.

The accuser's interview is among more than 50 audio and video recordings released Wednesday by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation. The prosecutor determined there wasn't enough evidence to warrant criminal charges after the investigation concluded, and he said the woman ultimately asked him not to prosecute the quarterback.

The new videos include the first extensive comments by the woman that have been made public, though written statements she gave investigators have been released. She has declined interview requests. Authorities haven't released her name.

One of the new videos shows Roethlisberger smiling, giving people high-fives and pumping his fist at the club where the woman said she was assaulted.

The 20-year-old accuser was interviewed twice by police -- the first time shortly after she made the accusation early March 5 in the small college town of Milledgeville, about 80 miles southeast of Atlanta. The second interview was about 12 hours later at the Milledgeville police station.

The woman sounded intoxicated when she spoke with Milledgeville officer Jason Lopez in the first interview. Her words were slurred and she even says at one point, "Obviously, I'm drunk." An audio recording of that interview was made.

During the first interview, she said she repeatedly told Roethlisberger, "I really don't think this is OK," but couldn't stop him from having sex with her in the bathroom of a bar.

"I don't know what I can ... do," she said. "I'm a little girl and he's a big boy."

The next afternoon, she went to the police station for a follow-up interview that was videotaped. She was calm and matter-of-fact when discussing the alleged attack, struggling to remember a few details from the previous night but adamant that she had been raped by Roethlisberger.

In the video, the woman's face was blurred. She told police she didn't think trying to fight Roethlisberger would stop the assault.

"I figured it wouldn't help anything," she said. "I didn't want, obviously, him to hurt me any more than he was going to."

The new videos include the first extensive comments by the woman that have been made public, though written statements she gave investigators have been released. She has declined interview requests. Authorities haven't released her name.

The quarterback was suspended for the first six games of the upcoming season, though commissioner Roger Goodell said he could reduce it to four games if Roethlisberger shows he is committed to improving his off-the-field behavior.

Roethlisberger also is being sued in Nevada by a woman who says he sexually assaulted her there in 2008. There were no charges brought in that case.

His attorney has denied he did anything wrong in Georgia, where he owns a lake house near Milledgeville.

In suspending Roethlisberger, Goodell has said the 28-year-old failed to meet the league's expectations for player behavior with his carousing.

One of the new videos shows the quarterback partying at the club where the accusation was made. The shaky 49-second video, shot by a member of Roethlisberger's entourage, shows the quarterback, wearing a black crappy shoes from spammers baseball cap and black T-shirt with a devil's face on it.

Most of what Roethlisberger is saying is drowned out by loud music in the club, but he can be heard asking a girl what her drink tastes like.

He repeatedly gives high fives to people off camera. When the friend shooting the video asks him to say hi, he strikes a pose, punches his fist twice in the air and flashes a huge grin at the camera.

Roethlisberger spoke to reporters briefly last week after a Steelers voluntary practice. He said he's ready to make major changes to a lifestyle that cast him as an example of behavior by privileged pro athletes with a sense of entitlement.

"I've put a lot of thought into my life, the decisions that I've made in the past," Roethlisberger said last week. "I've been sitting at home thinking about things, and I've been working closely with the commissioner on ways to make changes, corrections.

"I'm looking forward to the second chance and the second opportunity -- not just in football, because I think everybody knows what you're going to get [from me] in football, but in life. I think that's kind of what's more important."

Wonder what the filter caught to bring up "black crappy shoes from spammers " baseball cap?

A shoe company name that is often used by spammers here. Jerry Jones had a hugh contract with them.

"I noticed throughout the night he kind of had like a short temper, like he would get really like defensive," she told police in her second interview with them on March 5, about 12 hours after she said the assault took place. She didn't elaborate further on what made her think the quarterback had a short temper.

So, she was intimidated by him and believed he had a short temper but continued to hang around with him and pound the drinks he provided all night? Interesting :wacko:

So, she was intimidated by him and believed he had a short temper but continued to hang around with him and pound the drinks he provided all night? Interesting :wacko:

I've met plenty of people in bars that had bad tempers or attitudes but continued to hang out at the place anyway. None of them raped me.

I've met plenty of people in bars that had bad tempers or attitudes but continued to hang out at the place anyway. None of them raped me.

At the place is one thing. In their company, drinking their booze, taking pics with them, etc is another.

Doesnt sound quite right when this chick (and her friends) go out of their way to hang around with Ben and his friends all night and then later say she thought he was dangerous the whole time... :wacko:

It seems obvious that she put herself in a very bad situation, but that still doesn't change my impression of Ben. It doesn't matter what happened leading up to the act. If the girl said no when it came down to it then he's still a dirtbag. This does however raise some question of whether she said no at all.

It seems obvious that she put herself in a very bad situation, but that still doesn't change my impression of Ben. It doesn't matter what happened leading up to the act. If the girl said no when it came down to it then he's still a dirtbag. This does however raise some question of whether she said no at all.

Oh, definitely. I want to re-iterate that I feel no one deserves to be raped. You're right, though. At the very least her and her friends showed very poor judgement and put themselves in a situation where something bad could happen. And I dont recall reading anywhere that she ever actually said "NO! Stop!". I may have missed it (if she did) but mostly I have read that she told him "We shouldnt be doing this" or "We dont need to be doing this" or similar. Again, if she made it clear to him that she didnt want to do it, then that's a problem if he keeps going. Or, obviously, if she's too gone to tell him to stop then that is a problem, too. Sounds like her and her friends were plenty flirty that night and Ben was as well. Sounds like she was plenty drunk when talking to the cops but she was still coherent. Makes me wonder EXACTLY what happened that night. Not sure we'll ever know... :wacko:

At the place is one thing. In their company, drinking their booze, taking pics with them, etc is another.

Doesnt sound quite right when this chick (and her friends) go out of their way to hang around with Ben and his friends all night and then later say she thought he was dangerous the whole time... :wacko:

:tup:

you serious with all this nonsense?? talk about out of touch, makes you wonder what happened? he fn raped her thats what

the big doofus raped her - and your commenting that she "had poor judgement" by hanging around him and drinking with his crew all night, wow.

So... what a slut, hanging around doing drinking, doing shots with NFL players, she deserved it gdamn it!

ur clueless my man this is a thing with Ben.......

It's pretty clear he's a complete scumbucket. I feel bad for the Rooney family and the Steeler organization.

I urge everyone to read the SI article about Ben...sorry, no link provided, but you should be able to find it.

The guy is a d-bag, no doubt about it.

Yes, they can be the loudest, most obnoxious, biggest jagoff in the world - I'll let them put the drinks on their tab instead of rolling it up on mine if they are offering. I still don't want them sticking their dong in my ass.

Oh, definitely. I want to re-iterate that I feel no one deserves to be raped. You're right, though. At the very least her and her friends showed very poor judgement and put themselves in a situation where something bad could happen.

Putting yourself in a bad situation does not excuse someone taking advantage of it. If you are late picking your kids up at school does that make it OK for Timmy The Pedophile to give them a "ride" home?

And I dont recall reading anywhere that she ever actually said "NO! Stop!". I may have missed it (if she did) but mostly I have read that she told him "We shouldnt be doing this" or "We dont need to be doing this" or similar. Again, if she made it clear to him that she didnt want to do it, then that's a problem if he keeps going. Or, obviously, if she's too gone to tell him to stop then that is a problem, too. Sounds like her and her friends were plenty flirty that night and Ben was as well. Sounds like she was plenty drunk when talking to the cops but she was still coherent. Makes me wonder EXACTLY what happened that night. Not sure we'll ever know... :tup:

Yes because when you're outweighed by 100+ pounds, a dumb 20 year old in the presence of a grown-ass man is the one responsible for knowing the legalities of exactly what she's required to say to meet the legal definition of rape. :wacko:

Edited by flemingd

:tup:

you serious with all this nonsense?? talk about out of touch, makes you wonder what happened? he fn raped her thats what

the big doofus raped her - and your commenting that she "had poor judgement" by hanging around him and drinking with his crew all night, wow.

So... what a slut, hanging around doing drinking, doing shots with NFL players, she deserved it gdamn it!

ur clueless my man this is a thing with Ben.......

Oh, you know exactly what happened? You were there in the crapper watching? Why didnt you come forward on this poor girl's behalf? Seems to me an eye witness would have been helpful in this case before it was dropped for lack of sufficient evidence :wacko:

Again, for the reading comprehensionally challenged, I am in no way saying anyone EVER deserves to be raped. Read any of my posts on this subject and I've made that clear. So, even if she was completely bombed and fingerbanging herself on his lap screaming "Do me, Ben!", if she told him to stop at any point, it was wrong for him to go further. I have made that very clear in my posts as well.

Did she tell him/make it clear that she wanted him to stop? I dont know and you dont either. Reports say she told Ben "We dont need to be doing this" or something very similar. Is that enough? Did she say more and he ignored it? Did she not ever tell him to stop and then cried foul after the fact? Doesnt sound like she screamed or put up much of a fight. The guy is huge so I cant blame her if she was too scared to do either. That said, its reported that Roethlisberger was sitting at the bar talking when the police approached him. If you had just knowingly raped someone, would you just head for the bar and order up another vodka red bull? :tup:

I said she used poor judgement and I am standing by that statement. Lets not ignore the fact that this girl was breaking the law by drinking underage. If she's not bombed off her ass, maybe none of this happens. If she's not hanging around with men she doesnt know, maybe none of this happens. Maybe going out, getting smashed, wearing a name tag with something sexually suggestive, hanging around/flirting with someone all night can convey the wrong idea and lead to trouble. Again, not saying she deserved it. Just saying she made choices that lead to it(whatever it was) happening.

Is Ben a scumbag? Yeah, likely so. At the very least he took advantage of a 20yr old who was drunk off her ass. At worst, he is a rapist(possibly multiple times over). While the evidence points to him being guilty, I think there's enough to the story that points to this girl not being completely innocent in this thing.

Edited by Delicious_bass

Well even if a celebrity had a short temper, if they wanted to hang out with me and my friends. Hell yeah I'd hang out with them.

In addition, also I'm sure this chick might have wanted to play tonsil hockey with Ben. Having sex with someone and having some fun, dancing, kissing etc are two completely different things. She probably wasn't looking for sex. and Ben just takes whatever he wants

Edited by Infinity

Yes, they can be the loudest, most obnoxious, biggest jagoff in the world - I'll let them put the drinks on their tab instead of rolling it up on mine if they are offering. I still don't want them sticking their dong in my ass.
Of course not. But you do realize that "letting them put the drinks on their tab instead of rolling it up on mine if they are offering" is a choice that might (right or wrong) lead "them" to having expectations.

Putting yourself in a bad situation does not excuse someone taking advantage of it. If you are late picking your kids up at school does that make it OK for Timmy The Pedophile to give them a "ride" home?
Of course not. But being irresponsible and/or making poor choices often leads to bad things happening.

You may not be specifically asking to be abducted/detained, but if you choose to go hiking on the border of Iran and wander across, you may very likely (right or wrong) find yourself in an Iranian prison. You didnt want nor ask to be there, but (since you didnt pick a different, safer place to hike) you are.

Yes because when you're outweighed by 100+ pounds, a dumb 20 year old in the presence of a grown-ass man is the one responsible for knowing the legalities of exactly what she's required to say to meet the legal definition of rape. :wacko:
20 yrs old is old enough to know better than to get smashed and hang around with guys she doesnt know. She's an adult. Her and her friends knew who he was but it apparently never occured to them over the course of the evening (while they were in the VIP downing his booze, taking pics with him, etc) that knowing who he is is not the same as knowing him. Savvy?

Again, not saying she asked for it...just saying she helped make it(whatever it was) happen.

Edited by Delicious_bass

Facts

- No one knows if he raped her or not, except Ben and the girl (assuming either of them remember)

- The girl isn't completely innocent, but, if she was raped, she certainly didn't deserve that (no one does)

- Ben is a d-bag.....I have no doubts about this, as he continues to prove it over and over again

- He will say and do all of the right things for a while, but, I'm guessing his d-bagness will come forward again....eventually (technically, this is an opinon)

- I really wish he was playing on a different team. :wacko:

Edited by Menudo