[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So splain dis to an old guy...

rocknrobn26

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like we can add you to the ever-lengthening list of people in the Tailgate who've gone nuts.

:wacko: I simply meant that from what I see of pop stars today...the country singers actually are playing an instrument and singing live pretty good while most of the Top 40 pop stars are using a vocoder and lip synching never daring to ever sing live. And when they do, they suck. I can't listen to any of it, but can definitely mute the sound when Taylor Swift or some other country hottie is doing her thang.

The best way i can splain it to you:

I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't it, and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.

I guess, I kind of see her as a new age Cindy Lauper as far as talent to pop ratio. Her songs are a little more clubby than most pop but they actually have better rhythm, better hooks, and don't seem to take themselves too seriously. Madonna has been a 100 different people over the last 20 years, but she usually changed with every new album. Gaga has been 50 different people in the last 16 months. IMO she isn't really copying Madonna. Madonna has just been a bit of everything so its hard to not seem similar to one of the incarnations.

Take away the crazy costumes and makeup and all that's left is an unattractive average pop "singer." She writes "some" of her lyrics, none of the music, and can't play an instrument. Just another contrived entertainer.

Take away the crazy costumes and makeup and all that's left is an unattractive average pop "singer." She writes "some" of her lyrics, none of the music, and can't play an instrument. Just another contrived entertainer.

Isn't that what pop music is anymore? :wacko: You could describe Justin Timberlake the same way and he is probably one of the most successful pop artists of this generation.

She can play an instrument. The piano. Probably the organ too.

Boy, someone got rid of my comment quickly... I apologize to the powers that be for having to have them censor my posts. And for once I'm not being a smartass.

They sell out concerts and sell millions of albums. Until that ends they're not going anywhere regardless of what the old farts of the world think of there talent level. I like Gagas music and talent but don't really get what's the deal with the bieber fever. Hell they both have more money than I'll ever see in my lifetime they must be doing something right.

Yep, she's from Jersey...

Yankees to Lady Gaga: You’re out!

After giving the one-finger salute at a Mets game on June 10, Gaga put on a different display of bad behavior at Yankee Stadium on Friday night.

According to the New York Post, Lady Gaga snuck her way into the team’s clubhouse and team co-owner Hal Steinbrenner informed Yankee Stadium executives that Lady Gaga is permanently banned from the team's clubhouse after “boozy antics,” which included “swigging whiskey and repeatedly fondling her boobs,” according to the paper.

Gaga, who was clad in fishnet stockings, a bikini bottom and bra with a Yankees jersey thrown on for good measure, reportedly snuck into the clubhouse with two girlfriends after the game. There, she met Alex Rodriguez, Robinson Cano and four other players, and that’s when “boozy antics” ensued.

There's a picture of that last paragraph. Classy Jersey chicks. :wacko:

... and what is it with Justin Bieber's dumbass haircut and these kids that are copying it? Not to mention all the other dumbass haircuts the boys are wearing?

Chief Dick is not going to like this......

Tom Brady is doing it too

Man, Tom's hair looks great. Maybe that Bieber kid is on to something.

May need to head over to iTunes and check him out.