[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Internet is Dead

DMD

I guess we all go home now...

Prince: The Internet is dead

The music industry might be embracing digital and online technology, but Prince is not convinced that it’s a good thing.

"The Internet's completely over,” Prince told British tabloid publication, The Mirror, in his first newspaper interview in 10 years. “I don't see why I should give my new music to iTunes or anyone else. They won't pay me an advance for it and then they get angry when they can't get it.”

Prince is currently set to release his latest album, “20Ten,” for free through various European print media, including the Daily Mirror and its Scottish affiliate, the Daily Record. Fans can snag their copy this Saturday via the different press outlets, but you they certainly won’t find any of the new material online.

Prince has banned both YouTube and iTunes from using his music, calling the web obsolete.

“The Internet's like MTV,” he told the mirror. “At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."

Plans for a “20Ten” in the States haven’t been announced. What do you think, is Prince on the verge smart new alternative for releasing albums or does his approach seem misguided?

I don't think he has to worry about any internet sales of this 'purple and gold' nugget. :wacko:

the veil of the sky draws open

the roar of the chariots touch down

we r the ones who have now come again

and walk upon water like solid ground

as we approach the throne we won't bow down

this time we won't b denied

raise every voice and let it b known

in the name of the purple and gold

we come in the name of the purple and gold

all of the odds r in r favor

no prediction 2 bold

we r the truth if the truth can b told

long reign the purple and gold

the eyes say ready 4 battle

no need 4 sword in hand

we r all amped up like a rock n roll band

ready 2 celebrate every score

ready 2 fight the elegant war

ready 2 hear the crowd roar

that's what we came 4

and so much more

r spirits may b tired

r bodies may b worn

but since this day is r destiny

r history – that's y we must b

4ever strong as the wind that blows the Vikings' horn

CHORUS

I like how he deems the digital world dead and then all his lyrics look like a text message from a 14 year old girl

Y R U a racist?

:wacko: cmon, it's Prince. What did you expect? Anything other mindless ramblings of a repulsive loon?

I don't think he has to worry about any internet sales of this 'purple and gold' nugget. :wacko:

the veil of the sky draws open

the roar of the chariots touch down

we r the ones who have now come again

and walk upon water like solid ground

as we approach the throne we won't bow down

this time we won't b denied

raise every voice and let it b known

we come in the name of the purple and gold

all of the odds r in r favor

no prediction 2 bold

we r the truth if the truth can b told

long reign the purple and gold

the eyes say ready 4 battle

no need 4 sword in hand

we r all amped up like a rock n roll band

ready 2 celebrate every score

ready 2 fight the elegant war

ready 2 hear the crowd roar

that's what we came 4

and so much more

r spirits may b tired

r bodies may b worn

but since this day is r destiny

r history – that's y we must b

4ever strong as the wind that blows the Vikings' horn

CHORUS

MINNEAPOLIS - Prince has released a new song about the Minnesota Vikings, inspired by a big win over the Dallas Cowboys and days ahead of the NFC Championship game in New Orleans.

“I saw the future,” Prince told FOX 9's Robyne Robinson, who was given an exclusive copy of "Purple and Gold" on Thursday.

Prince was in attendance for the Vikings 34-3 win. He said he went home night after the Cowboys game and wrote "Purple and Gold," which he says came easy and fast.

Link

Well maybe it came to him a little too easy or a little too fast.

Taking odds if his music is piratable weeks or months before he releases it to the USA. With the internet being dead, guess we'll just have to get it off the alive and kicking print media.

That is what cracked me up the most. His first interview in ten years and he goes to a newspaper? Has he not read the newspaper in the last decade to see what the fastest dying media is?

Taking odds if his music is piratable weeks or months before he releases it to the USA. With the internet being dead, guess we'll just have to get it off the alive and kicking print media.

You actually want it? :wacko:

"Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."

Is that what you guys have been doing to me? Filling my head with numbers? Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Stop it! No more numbers!!!