[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Well, there it goes

SEC=UGA

(CBS/ AP) Republican National Committee Chairman Michael Steele is in trouble with many in his party after speaking out against the war in Afghanistan. Some are even calling for him to be removed.

And, reports CBS News Senior White House Correspondent Bill Plante, there's talk in GOP circles that Sarah Palin should replace him.

John McCain's one-time running mate and former Alaska governor is, as Plante puts it, "the star of the Republican Party. She's the top endorser, top fundraiser -- and now could be the party's top dog. Some members of the GOP base are calling for her" to take Steele's place.

He was caught on tape recently failing to tow the party line on the Afghan war, calling it "a war of Obama's choosing" and adding, "This is not something the United States has actively prosecuted or wanted to engage in."

This isn't the first time Steele's been in hot water with members of his own party.

Among other incidents and gaffes, in April, he had to apologize after members of his staff took donors to a sex-themed club in Los Angeles.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On Morning Joe today, they were running through the various scenarios where she could be the Republican candidate for POTUS in 2012. I was surprised at how she could ride her wave of "folksie" through the early primaries and clinch it quick. I could hardly believe it.

On Morning Joe today, they were running through the various scenarios where she could be the Republican candidate for POTUS in 2012. I was surprised at how she could ride her wave of "folksie" through the early primaries and clinch it quick. I could hardly believe it.

:wacko: - I really don't understand what her allure is. Do they not in any way grasp that a portion of the reason why the election was lost was because of this dim wit being on the ticket?

She'd be better than Obama. Of course, that's not saying much either.

I'm not even certain that that would be the case. She seems to have unmitigated disaster written all over her.

...and the dumbing down of America reaches critical mass. This is the best they have? With a 40% approval rating and a 52% disappoval rating. Well, I gues that is pretty close to Barry's rating so maybe that IS good enough in modern day politics.

No smart people work in Government. None. This explains those ratings. Yes, Obama is considered intelligent for Government. Put him in the public sector and he'd be wondering how many copies we'd need by noon.

No smart people work in Government. None. This explains those ratings. Yes, Obama is considered intelligent for Government. Put him in the public sector and he'd be wondering how many copies we'd need by noon.

Isn't government the public sector? :wacko:

Why should Palin wish to have a position with any responsibility? Right now, she has the best of both worlds. All the influence, none of the responsibility, and she getting paid much more for it.

She and Limbaugh have this thing figured out.

Edited by billay

Why should Palin wish to have a position with any responsibility? Right now, she has the best of both worlds. All the influence, none of the responsibility, and she getting paid much more for it.

pretty much. and the #1 reason why this will never happen....it would raise as much money for the democrats as the republicans.

I think its a great call by the GOP.

I figure the longer she is in the public eye, the better chance we have of the press catching a revealing snapshot of her magnificent rack :wacko:

I figure the insane lefty stalkers who surround her 24/7 pretty much have that covered, regardless of her official position.

She and Limbaugh have this thing figured out.

+1

pretty much. and the #1 reason why this will never happen....it would raise as much money for the democrats as the republicans.

I'm not sure if that is true, as long as she isn't running. I don't like her, and never had. I said from the get-go that McCain should have picked Romney. Still, having said that I think she would bring the GOP a ton of money. I don't ever recall an opposition party's chairman ever igniting anyone against them. I think it would be a disaster if she were to run for office, but I don't share your opinion that it would increase donations to the DNC by any significant amount.

I think this is a great idea! It would keep Palin from running for POTUS and would allow her to keep doing what she does very well, which is getting the base fired up and raising funds. How is this a bad idea?

I think this is a great idea! It would keep Palin from running for POTUS and would allow her to keep doing what she does very well, which is getting the base fired up and raising funds. How is this a bad idea?

SHE'S A FREAKING MORON AND A LAUGHING STOCK!!! IMO

Palin would say stupid stuff to today's lazy society like "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country". The people and Corporations that make a good full-time living suckling on the Gubment teet for everything they have in life would go into siezures.

I think you misunderestimate the left's unwillingness to have someone as stupid and unaware as Sarah Palin in control of their country (which also happens to be the most powerful nation in the world)

fixed

Honest question: Would you vote for her, Az?

Which is why you wouldn't want her to run for POTUS which presumably being the Party Chair would keep her from doing. But regardless of your opinion of her, you can't deny the fact that she draws big crowds and raises large sums of money wherever she goes. It would be a great idea for the GOP to tap into that ability for the good of the party, don't you think? Or are you too emotionally crippled by your personal feelings towards her to see the logic there?

Which is why you wouldn't want her to run for POTUS which presumably being the Party Chair would keep her from doing. But regardless of your opinion of her, you can't deny the fact that she draws big crowds and raises large sums of money wherever she goes. It would be a great idea for the GOP to tap into that ability for the good of the party, don't you think? Or are you too emotionally crippled by your personal feelings towards her to see the logic there?

I'm too emotionally crippled by my personal disdain for this simpering idiot.

I'm too emotionally crippled by my personal disdain for this simpering idiot.

I thought that might be the case. Well, in the world of reason, ideas like making Palin the GOP Party Chair actualy make a lot of sense. You'll have to take my word on that. :wacko:

Got a reason why?

Because Saturday Night Live says so - Does not count

Lady got more brains in her little pinky than you got in your entire body.

Go to bed little sheep. Your the reason Obama the worthless one got elected.

Insert clueless for worthless and your still a sheep.

I thought that might be the case. Well, in the world of reason, ideas like making Palin the GOP Party Chair actualy make a lot of sense. You'll have to take my word on that. :wacko:

Fine, but, please note my objection.