[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Good on you little dog

whomper

Footage from a traffic camera overlooking a busy freeway in Santiago, Chile captured a dog performing a heroic act — pulling an injured friend from oncoming traffic.

The video, from Azteca America Colorado, shows an injured dog lying in the middle of a freeway after being hit by a car, while a rescue dog dodges traffic to run to its side. The rescue dog then drags the severely injured canine across lanes of traffic as cars swerve around it.

No motorists stopped to help either dog, but a highway crew arrives at the end of the video.

The translation of the announcer is as follows:

"These images seen from the surveillance cameras show a very common situation with our overpopulated highways. It is normal for us to see dogs run over. In the video, we can see this dog fighting for his life because he was run over by the vehicle.

"What is very touching is to see the very heroic actions of this other dog who is trying to pull him to the side of the highway. We are going to keep seeing things like this until we find a solution to the dogs living on the streets."

it watched it w/o sound and as touching as it was I almost wish I never watched it...

and word on if the dog survived? that would definately change things

Sorry. The dog he rescued didnt make it. The dog that did the rescuing did make it but they cant find him. There have been numerous requests from people to adopt him

Sorry. The dog he rescued didnt make it. The dog that did the rescuing did make it but they cant find him. There have been numerous requests from people to adopt him

What? The clip at the end said the injured dog made it?

What? The clip at the end said the injured dog made it?

This video has been viewed by millions around the world with the same gut-wrenching, yet heartwarming reaction. At the time of my narration, it was reported that the injured dog had lived. Unfortunately, we now know otherwise.

What is most important to note is the fact that it took a little stray dog with a big heart to touch the world and in doing so, perhaps put us in touch with ourselves. Judging from the countless comments of concern, it is obvious that, for the most part, we are one in our respect for life.

So, wherever you live and whatever you may take in from the media this week, may you long remember the message this loving homeless canine brought us on the eve of the holiest of seasons.

If you want to watch a great, great movie about a dog's loyalty. Watch Hachi starring Richard Gere. It went straight to DVD for some reason, but it is a fantastic movie. Bring a box of tissues, because unless you are not human or hate dogs, you will not make it through the movie without at least one sob. The first Netflix member review of it is "A grown man crying throughout the last 35 minutes of this movie. That was me. And will probably be you."

Edited by TimC

This video has been viewed by millions around the world with the same gut-wrenching, yet heartwarming reaction. At the time of my narration, it was reported that the injured dog had lived. Unfortunately, we now know otherwise.

That stinks. :wacko:

I had to stop interstate traffic a couple of months ago for a loose stray dog. It was only two lanes and not too much traffic but others did stop and help. The dog had gotten through the fence that runs along the roadside and couldn't get back. A few cars did go around the backed up traffic...I hope they burn in Hell.

:wacko:

Great example though of the type of love that comes naturally to dogs

More proof that dogs are better than any human alive.

Wouldn't go quite that far but generally will take a dog over most people out there any day.

Anyway another great story FWIW but no video (and kinda dated) - a JR Terrier saved some kids from 2 pit bulls, dying in the rescue. There's just no fear in these dogs. :wacko: A vet gave the dog his Purple Heart medal for it.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/purple-he...8390293699.html

If TimC is laying injured in the road, the only thing I'm rescuing is his wallet.

Thank goodness the average lib can't afford a car or insurance or taxes or gasoline or the desire to get off their couch. Maybe a bus will drive by because they are giving out free stuff somewhere though.

Thank goodness the average lib can't afford a car or insurance or taxes or gasoline or the desire to get off their couch. Maybe a bus will drive by because they are giving out free stuff somewhere though.

I'm sure the only thing in your wallet is an I.O.U from your neighbors.

I'm staying on my couch.