[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If you could time travel...

millerx

After reading the "whaddya want to be when you grow up" thread, it reminded me of a reoccurring thought of mine I've pondered over many years.

This may have been brought up before at the Huddle, as I am always stunned by the breadth of topics that are discussed here...and if so, I'm sure Big John will make note of it. However, I don't recall seeing it (at least not recently) so maybe it has been long enough to re-visit.

So what period in time would it be for you? One that you feel fits with your personality?

Back in the early day of the West being settled?

The Dark Ages?

The Age of Enlightenment?

Some time around the the discovery of the new world?

What say you?

I'd love to go back to the early 1930's to try to forestall many of the bastardization of the commerce clause by FDR and his rigged court.

I'd also love to live in Texas in the 1800's, and in England in the late 1600s.

is the question live or just visit?

if its live, i would definitely need running water and all the other wonders of modern technology.

if to visit.........

roman empire days

ww2

heck i would try everything, love the history channel.

Would love to visit the West in 1870's or so

Would love to visit Europe during the renaissance

American revolution would be great, and like Perch said, the 1930's.

And of course Tim and I would take some M-16's and RPG's back to 1863 or so... :wacko:

Would love to visit the West in 1870's or so

Would love to visit Europe during the renaissance

American revolution would be great, and like Perch said, the 1930's.

And of course Tim and I would take some M-16's and RPG's back to 1863 or so... :wacko:

Could you imagine what you could do with just one Ma Duece an 50,000 rounds? God bless John Moses Browning.

imagine what we would have now if we left those weapons there........

Okay, okay... I appreciate the input here, but the original topic seems to be getting a little off track...

the question wasn't what period in time could I go "visit" and "provide weapons to" :wacko: , but rather what time period would you be interested in "living" in?

Edited by millerx

imagine what we would have now if we left those weapons there........

Nah, I just don't think so. As Perch already alluded to, you get maybe one or two of those gun geniuses every 2 generations. First it was Sam Colt in the early 1800s. Then JMB (God rest his soul) and Hiram Maxim and Kalashnikov around the turn of the 20th. In the late 50's Eugene Stoner (AR-15/M-16) and Uziel Galil (Uzi) and Gaston Glock in the late 80's. Hell the heat treat for really good high-pressure cartriges wasn't around until the 40's or so.

Okay, okay... I appreciate the input here, but the original topic seems to be getting a little off track...

the question wasn't what period in time could I go "visit" and "provide weapons to" :wacko: , but rather what time period would you be interested in "living" in?

Could you Imagine if I took an M-16 and about 5 million rounds of ammo back to the 300's during the eastern Roman Empire... I'd be a god!!!

the question wasn't what period in time could I go "visit" and "provide weapons to" :tup: , but rather what time period would you be interested in "living" in?

Listen here you teabagging neocon "shrub lied-people died" piece of party of no scum. It's a free country and I'm posting what I want to post! :wacko:

Where's avernus? We need a discussion on the merits of the healing properties of colloidal silver and bay leaves!

I'd time travel to last year and kick all your asses in fantasy football.

That's be knida like in Back to the future 2 when they had the sports almanac and went to the past to bet on games...

So, I'd go back to, say around 1985 and start betting heavily on super bowl winners at the beginning of the football season. And do you know how much money I coulda made by betting on Duke to win the 1990/91 Tourney...

Could you Imagine if I took an M-16 and about 5 million rounds of ammo back to the 300's during the eastern Roman Empire... I'd be a god!!!

:tup:

Listen here you teabagging neocon "shrub lied-people died" piece of party of no scum. It's a free country and I'm posting what I want to post! :wacko:

Where's avernus? We need a discussion on the merits of the healing properties of colloidal silver and bay leaves!

:tup:

So be it...

I'd like to take a

back to the time of Saladin. Edited by millerx

right here right now. but, if I had to I would definately go for being a college student (not draftable) 21 in 1969 and go to every concert I could get tickets to. i don't know how I would make my grades to stay undrafted, but you can bet I would be partying.

oh yeah, and I would create a little thing called fantasy football.

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

right here right now. but, if I had to I would definately go for being a college student (not draftable) 21 in 1969 and go to every concert I could get tickets to. i don't know how I would make my grades to stay undrafted, but you can bet I would be partying.

So your goals are a little different than someone like, say, Magellan?

I am the namesake (is that the right usage?) of a great Uncle who was the head draftsman at Cadillac in the 50 or 60's. I would love the chance to spend some time with him when he was working. He died when I was 2 (had been retired for years) yet I ended up taking a technical career path, as well.

Same thinking, I would love my children to be able to spend time with my grandparents, but all of them died before I was married.

Live? Since whenever the central air condititioner was invented.

Visit? Pretty much any time since the big, meat eating dinosaurs died off.

Can you imagine being on Noah's ark? How crazy would that be? Or, maybe riding the elephants with Hannibal? Overseeing construction of the great wall of China or the great pyramids? Anyone here want to sign up to be the kid that Cleopatra had a crush on when she was, oh, say 16? So many great things to see / experience / etc... Hanging out with the Grimm brothers would have been pretty wild --- some of those stories of theirs were pretty gruesome when you really think about them...frankly, Stephen King (et.al.) has nothing on them. What about being Michaelangelo's best friend would have been pretty interesting. Again, so many interesting things / times...

But, while I think I could figure out how to live in the US during the westward expansion, or Elizebethan England, or Rome around the time of Christ, I would only chose to live in the US at some point since the central AC was invented.

Vist: Anywhere and everywhere. Read Muck's post and find me at any of those times.

Live: It would have to be modern time but during safer and more conservative times. Times when neighbors talked to each other. Times when you would borrow a cup of sugar from next door. (Did you ever give that sugar back?) Times when the kids could play outside and you really did not have to fear people.

I am thinking the 50's but most likely the 60's for me.