[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I forgot how to write

whomper

Sad statement but sort of true. In the age of my blackberry and computer spellchecking and punctuating (blackberry) It is becoming less and less necessary to actually write anything and it is sad. With the exception of jotting down a note here and there you are mostly typing everything. Last week I bought a sympathy card for a friend of mine that lost her dad. When I was writing her a note inside I felt like I was back in pre K. I also noticed on here with texting handling caps for you on lower cased I's I have to go back and make mine caps when I am posting . I am of course exagerrating about forgetting how to write but it is becoming a lost art and it is sad.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Writing in greeting cards is pretty much the only handwriting that we get nowadays, for the most part. I, too, feel like a moran when actually handwriting, and my hand cramps up after two lines. :wacko:

I try spelling properly and try to use proper grammar/punctuation in all of my posts here. It helps that I write a few articles per month for the site. That, and doing crossword puzzles keeps my mind somewhat sharp. Otherwise, I fear my brain would start oozing out my blowhole as some sort of goo.

Writing in greeting cards is pretty much the only handwriting that we get nowadays, for the most part. I, too, feel like a moran when actually handwriting, and my hand cramps up after two lines. :wacko:

I try spelling properly and try to use proper grammar/punctuation in all of my posts here. It helps that I write a few articles per month for the site. That, and doing crossword puzzles keeps my mind somewhat sharp. Otherwise, I fear my brain would start oozing out my blowhole as some sort of goo.

Lately I have noticed that I am posting my I's in lower case like. i went to the store. I almost always try and edit and correct it because I feel like a lazy idiot if I dont

Well, at least you can form sentences and spell (or know how to use spell-check). The English language is under assault. The proliferation of text messaging and the abbreviation of words only serves to move us further and further from a literate society.

Well, at least you can form sentences and spell (or know how to use spell-check). The English language is under assault. The proliferation of text messaging and the abbreviation of words only serves to move us further and further from a literate society.

I refudiate this claim.

Last week I bought a sympathy card for a friend of mine that lost her dad.

You should have just put a colon and open parenthesis in the card.

Edited by SheikYerbuti

I can no longer write cursive. I get like 3 letters in and can't remember how to shape the letters. :wacko:

That is how I was writing that card. I couldn't believe the difficulty I had. I was ashamed of myself

I have never written in cursive, drove my teachers nuts in high school. I'm like look, you can read my bastardized cursive-script better than my cursive so freaking deal with it!!!! I had one teacher that forced me to rewrite a paper in cursive, she allowed me to write in my normal penmanship after that debacle.

refresher course