[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Headin to Chi Town ?

whomper

My 9 year old daughter wants to be an actress. A little backround: She had been asking my wife and I for about a year now to get her started (find an agency etc) I looked into it and ran into a few dead ends or places I wasnt comfortable with. While I was fumbling around she decides to take matters into her own hands :tup: She emails a casting agency in NY (We reprimanded her for emailing our information on the internet ) So 3 months after she sends the email my wife gets a call from the agency. We would like to meet Rafaella and see if we think she can be a part of our casting agency. My wife was like :wacko: . Who is this ? They explain they got an email 3 months ago. My wife says from who. They give the email address and we realize our daughter sent it. So we go meet these people and she does great in the meet and greet and gets invited back. She goes back and wowed the owner of the place with this funny little routine she came up with and they accept her in the agency.

Her best quality is her sense of humor. the kid just really cracks us up all the time. She is full of energy and has good timing and a great imagination. She isnt looking to do like child modeling or anything like that. She wants to be the funny kid on a show or commercial or something along those lines.

So I check the agency website daily for any auditions. We had her pictures professionally done and they are on the site . A lot of casting directors view this site and if they see "talent" that fits their needs they request the person for an audition. Today we had our 2nd one. The office is actually about 9 blocks from mine. So today there was a talent scout from this company that hosts a hugh convention in November. This convention is loaded with casting directors and agents with tons of projects and potential. They send scouts out all year to various agencies and see if they can find people they feel are good enough to get invited to the convention in Chicago in November

So fast forward to the audition. They actually let my wife sit in on it. My daughter had a whole routine worked out based on this disney character . So the audition is going on and she is a little off of her game. They got there very early and were waiting 2 hours. So the guy is sort of winding it down and he said to my wife that she was pretty good but he suggested acting lessons and was saying that they will be back next year and maybe she needed some seasoning etc. So my wife said to him. No, she is just off her game , maybe from sitting around. So she looks at my daughter and said why dont you do the routine you worked out for Steve. So she does 2 minutes of this character and my wife said the guy and his colleagues eyes popped open. The guy said that is what she needs to do on these auditions and he said he saw some nice natural talent. He invited her for a callback. We go back on Saturday. He said if she performs the way she did at the end of this audition we will start talking Chicago and it will be a very good possibility.

Since she is new at the game I am glad and we are lucky my wife was allowed in to bring it out of her today. We dont pressure her. It is something she really wants and we just support her in it in any way we can. Wish her luck huddlers. Saturday is a big day because Chicago would be a bigtime opportunity !! Oh and if this happens I will try and parlay it into a huddle visit with you Chicago momos

Edited by whomper

Good luck to Ms. Whomp! :wacko:

Would love to meet up w/ you. Maybe I could convince Gil also.

If your here during a Bear away game, you're welcome to come over and watch.

Keep in touch on this.

Good luck to Ms. Whomp! :wacko:

Would love to meet up w/ you. Maybe I could convince Gil also.

If your here during a Bear away game, you're welcome to come over and watch.

Keep in touch on this.

No convincing would be necessary, my friend.

Best of luck to the little Whompette.

Whomp, given the talent your daughter displays, any lingering doubt about whether you're her dad or not can now be put aside. You're not.

:wacko: :ordersbloodtest:

Best of luck to the little Whompette.

Whomp, given the talent your daughter displays, any lingering doubt about whether you're her dad or not can now be put aside. You're not.

+1, and :wacko:

Look on the bright side, whomper - you might actually get to sponge of your kid! How many parents get to do that? :tup:

We are headed to Chicago. She pretty much nailed it the other day. Today was more details about Chicago then a call back. I believe the dates are 11-11 - 11-13. Ill see what night is best to get us together if you guys are up for it. We are staying at the hyatt. I believe its the one right by Ohare. I have to get more details but I believe that's where they said it is held today

We are headed to Chicago. She pretty much nailed it the other day. Today was more details about Chicago then a call back. I believe the dates are 11-11 - 11-13. Ill see what night is best to get us together if you guys are up for it. We are staying at the hyatt. I believe its the one right by Ohare. I have to get more details but I believe that's where they said it is held today

Whompers headed to Chicago! Well done and good luck Whompette!!