[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Big Brother

Menudo

O.k. I admit it. My name is Menudo and I am a Big Brother fan.

Yes, I know, I'm ghey for liking a reality show, but, this is my favorite one. Yes, I like it better than American Idol. Seriously, they have hot chicks on every season, and they get locked in that house and go crazy. They start back-stabbing and seriously losing their minds. It is extremely addicting.

Anyone else man enough to admit that they watch and enjoy this show ?

O.k. I admit it. My name is Menudo and I am a Big Brother fan.

Yes, I know, I'm ghey for liking a reality show, but, this is my favorite one. Yes, I like it better than American Idol. Seriously, they have hot chicks on every season, and they get locked in that house and go crazy. They start back-stabbing and seriously losing their minds. It is extremely addicting.

My wife watches it. I watch with her when I can, but it's not one of the shows we make a point of watching together. The show can get pretty interesting with the strategy and back stabbing, and certainly some good eye candy/hooking up every season. For some reason they insist on casting some really annoying people, this year being the red haired bimbo. I get the nails-on-the-chalkboard reaction worse than most people, so I have trouble watching a show that has someone I really want to strangle. Hopefully the next HOH wises up and nominates her and the guy that is banging her.

I'm in. My wife got me into the show back in season three. I have to go as far as to say it is my favorite for reality shows as well. Love the strategy end of it...as well with watching people try to lie and how they deal with it when getting caught...like this week when Kristen had the snappy come back abut how Rachel has "only one 2 out of 4 HOH..that's not a lot rachel" :wacko:

Some thoughts...

Andrew: Maybe should have kept him, he would have lost it and snapped at some point soon.

Rachel: Anyone else hear the "Psycho" screeching music often when she talks? I think she has told each evicted house guest that they "are not going to come between me and my man..." I think she would tell Brendan that while holding his severed arm.

Brendan: Said he has already told Rachel "I love you" last week. Deserves to be handed his severed arm when he is evicted. Are all colleges going with the West Coast Chopper type font on their hats and shirts now like UCLA or is he making these things himself?

Brittney: One of the type of people I hate most, listening to her and Monette (sp) talk about other people. "She HAS to be jealous, that is the only reason she put you up..." Talking others down makes them all good.

Matt: Wish he would show that genius he keeps talking about.

Ragan: Think he was picked to be the possible "life long friend" of Matt when they tried planting that idea in people's heads. Notice how some people look like each other? (Matt-Ragan, Kathy-Brittney, Andrew-Brendan...)

Kathy: Did she tell Ragan she was told she has six months to live and wants the money for her kid? Could have swore I caught that when she was on the block.

Hayden: My daughter instantly thought he was the cute guy who would be her favorite...I instantly nicknamed him "Big Dummy." Anyone else notice he has a "give" when he is lying or doesn't want to get called on something? Puckers up his lips.

Kristen: Little Dummy

Lane: "Gimme Some POPROCKS!" Actually the funniest in the diary room so far, not saying much though.

Enzo: I was at that point when I had to see how bald I was in my wedding pictures. Enzo will start shaving his head after seeing the episodes at home. He is a funny guy too I guess.

I DVR all the episodes. I liken this show to Survivor, except the girls get to clean up every day. :tup:

That and the lying aspect is even more cut-throat in this show I think. It amazes me though that some people get so upset when they are lied to. It's the whole point of the game. I mean the Show itself lies the contestants every year, what with the Saboteur, the twin sisters one year, all the little gimmicks they pull behind the contestants backs, the whole freakin' show is based on lying, but some people still manage to be surprised.

Anyone check out the Showtime stuff?

Some advice for Brendan....Dude, run away, Penny Laneing run away now! :wacko:

We had Showtime the first season they did the "After Dark" Watched a lot of sitting around and not much happening, except you would see in a scroll what happened in competitions that had not aired yet...that kinda took away from watching the show when it aired.

I was wishing I had it after the HOH the other night thought when the Rachel-Kristen thing was starting up before they even went off the air.

I don't care if I get made fun of but I love this show. This season started of slow but After Andrew's speech it should get rolling.

Yes Rachel is annoying but her & Brendon are dominating right now.

Anyone that wins HOH next week would pretty much have to put them up. After the psychotic episode Rachel has had this week anyone who doesnt put her up would pretty much have a big target on them.

Yep I watch it with my wife. We absolutely love this show and look forward to it every summer. The timing of this show is great...in the summer when nothing else is really on.

Heck, I was dismayed that they made it to Season 2. :tup:

Season one was absoultely terrible. It really picked up and got better in season 2 and has evolved into a really great show IMO.

I'm in. My wife got me into the show back in season three. I have to go as far as to say it is my favorite for reality shows as well. Love the strategy end of it...as well with watching people try to lie and how they deal with it when getting caught...like this week when Kristen had the snappy come back abut how Rachel has "only one 2 out of 4 HOH..that's not a lot rachel" :wacko:I was laughing at that too

Some thoughts...

Andrew: Maybe should have kept him, he would have lost it and snapped at some point soon. He was the odd man out from day one. He had no level of interest to connect with anyone in that house. There is always someone like this every year and they don't last long.

Rachel: Anyone else hear the "Psycho" screeching music often when she talks? I think she has told each evicted house guest that they "are not going to come between me and my man..." I think she would tell Brendan that while holding his severed arm. I would love to hear from anyone who could possibly like this chick. She is fugly and everytime she speaks I want to shoot myself.

Brendan: Said he has already told Rachel "I love you" last week. Deserves to be handed his severed arm when he is evicted. Are all colleges going with the West Coast Chopper type font on their hats and shirts now like UCLA or is he making these things himself? I'm not sure what Brendan sees in her and you can tell he's really starting to get a little annoyed by her as well, but he made his bed and breaking away from her would seal his fate for sure. He's an alright dude, he just chose the wrong direction in this game.

Brittney: One of the type of people I hate most, listening to her and Monette (sp) talk about other people. "She HAS to be jealous, that is the only reason she put you up..." Talking others down makes them all good. While I may not agree with some of the things she does, she is entertaining and she is playing a decent game to this point. Not too bad on the eyes either.

Matt: Wish he would show that genius he keeps talking about. I don't really have too much of a problem with his "lie", but he definitely likes to think he's more than he is which is annoying. I can see him and Enzo being a force in this game together if they pair up.

Ragan: Think he was picked to be the possible "life long friend" of Matt when they tried planting that idea in people's heads. Notice how some people look like each other? (Matt-Ragan, Kathy-Brittney, Andrew-Brendan...) This guys is flying under the radar like no other. He knows how to keep tight lipped and be that lending ear to anyone. He's well liked and he's the classic floater that goes far in this game.

Kathy: Did she tell Ragan she was told she has six months to live and wants the money for her kid? Could have swore I caught that when she was on the block. I do believe she did indeed state that. I'm not really a fan of hers and he demise will come in the near future. If Kristen wins POV she's a goner this week.

Hayden: My daughter instantly thought he was the cute guy who would be her favorite...I instantly nicknamed him "Big Dummy." Anyone else notice he has a "give" when he is lying or doesn't want to get called on something? Puckers up his lips. I can't stand this guy. I liked him at first, but he's a total fake and just generally don't like anythign he stands for. Grow a pair dude!

Kristen: Little Dummy I liked that she was playing a cool, quite game, but now that the gloves are off she's in trouble. The BRAgade are out to get her and that doesn't bode well for her longevity in this game. She doesn't have enough allys to do much. She'll be gone in the coming weeks. If she doesn't win the POV she's gone this week.

Lane: "Gimme Some POPROCKS!" Actually the funniest in the diary room so far, not saying much though. Probably my favorite in the game thus far. He's sitting back and observing and soaking in everything, you can see that as he talks in the diary room. If I wanted anyone to win at this point it's him. He's just an overall good guy.

Enzo: I was at that point when I had to see how bald I was in my wedding pictures. Enzo will start shaving his head after seeing the episodes at home. He is a funny guy too I guess. To this day I'll never understand why he wants to call himself the Meow Meow. I thought the Organizer would have been much more appropriate. He is entertaining and I can see him going far. I generally think he's throwing some competitions to let some of the other members of his alliance take the heat eary on. He's playing a good game thus far even if he is a little different.

Anyone that wins HOH next week would pretty much have to put them up. After the psychotic episode Rachel has had this week anyone who doesnt put her up would pretty much have a big target on them.

Rachel is as much good as gone next week if Brendan doesn't win the HOH. The house could try and get Brendan out first, but she's so annoying she will probably seal her fate with a week of being on the block. I take that back, she's already sealed it. The house will probably see that they can get Brendan eventually with him being alone in this game.

My wife and I got into it a couple of years ago and look forward to watching it every summer. It's mindless entertainment with some really fun moments.

So far I am enjoying this season better than last year. Nobody is over the top annoying and everyone pretty much gets along despite what they show on TV. We TIVO the after dark on Showtime every night and sometimes get sucked into watching it if we're bored and there isn't much going on or anything else to watch. You get to hear a lot more strategy talk and see some funny stuff. Ragan, Matt, Brendan, and Rachel were ragging on Cathy the other night for like 30 mins and it was hilarious.

Britney is my favorite for her diary room commentary (and her :wacko::tup: )

The bad part with Showtime is this year they are only doing the evictions live and taping everything else. So I already know what's happening this week up to the voting ceremony. It's still cool to watch the stuff you didn't get to see on after dark ... especially the diary sessions though.

I was going to put in spoilers but couldn't figure out how to do blacked out text... If anyone wants to know who won POV and if was used, etc let me know :tup:.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm not into reality TV in general, but feel that the networks cancelled the most intelligent reality TV show (of the Survivor, Big Brother Model) on television.

The Mole

The first one or two were awesome. Went down hill after they started doing it with celebs.

As far as Big Brother. Read a spoiler this morning by accident.

Someone watching the feeds seen Rachel back in the house and arguing with Ragan. Something to do with the next Pandora's Box. The Biatch is back...