[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Matt Leinart...

ABearWithFurniture

As a Cardinal fan I was praying that Kurt would play for at least one more year, mainly b/c I have no faith in Leinart getting the job done...he has not proven that he can lead....now the Homer in me kicks in:

He has been able to learn under Kurt for the last several years, much like VY did behind Collins and came back stronger

Coaching, this is the best coached team we have had in YEARS which should help ML develop

Balance- we have proven we can run the ball (at times) and this will need to continue and get better, it will also dig into ML's numbers

WR's- Still got'em....that's half the battle

So am I drafting Matt..........uh......NO, but I will be rooting for him week in and week out!!

I live in the Phoenix valley and local sports radio is saying that "so far" Derek Anderson is looking better than Leinart...

Take that for what you will...

I take that to mean the Cardinals QB situation SUX!!!!

I'm not drafting Leinart (I'd rather gamble on Stafford for late round QB). I'm more worried about Fitz. He can do it all except throw the ball to himself. Can they still get him some consistent opportunities with a weak stable of QBs?

I'm not drafting Leinart (I'd rather gamble on Stafford for late round QB). I'm more worried about Fitz. He can do it all except throw the ball to himself. Can they still get him some consistent opportunities with a weak stable of QBs?

Yeah wow...going to be a long season for Fitz.

I love seeing people give up on young QBs early in their careers. The cost of Leinart right now is ridiculously low - even if he is a bust, the risk is so little that people ought to be seriously considering acquiring this guy. If he's on the waiver wire, I don't see how carrying a 7th WR or a 5th RB would be more desirable than taking a flyer on having him on the roster. At the bare minimum, having Fitzgerald and Breaston to throw to is nothing to dismiss lightly.

I love seeing people give up on young QBs early in their careers. The cost of Leinart right now is ridiculously low - even if he is a bust, the risk is so little that people ought to be seriously considering acquiring this guy. If he's on the waiver wire, I don't see how carrying a 7th WR or a 5th RB would be more desirable than taking a flyer on having him on the roster. At the bare minimum, having Fitzgerald and Breaston to throw to is nothing to dismiss lightly.

Oh, I can guarantee that if he's around in my 11th or 12th round, I'm picking this cat up.

yeah i hear you....really depends on how your league is run and what your roster requirements/limits are.....it says alot if this guy is going undrafted....there are weapons there...obviously fitz and breaston...and early doucet could break out a bit in boldins place if leinart is alright.....

but if the guy is going undrafted in leagues...it says most owners feel they can get two better options.....i definitley agree that if you can carry a 3rd qb hes worth holding.....but do you really think hes going to out perform two qbs you already drafted? there are so many rb committees tjhat its def worth holding on to as many rbs as possible....especially if one of your backs begins to emerge, or the other half of committee goes down.....always nice to have options at rb....especially for trade bait(again it really depends on your league roster requirments)........add in that b wells is whisenhunts guy and whiz is a guy who likes to run the rock...they added his boy faneca....and they are transitioning to a new qb.....they lost their main man in the middle on defense.....all signs point them running wells and hightower ragged.....of course there are many factors....how well the defense is able to hold up and how games unfold......i could def see grabbing leinart over carrying a 7th receiver or something.....but not at the cost of rb depth

What I don't understand is how most people hate Leinart and yet so many still love Fitzgerald.

Not me. Avoided in all mocks so far and my entrant to the "most overrated this season" thread...

because Fitz can still get 1000 yds even if Leinart only throws for 2000 :wacko:

yeah....i mean....fitz is one of those guys that most look at and say "hes going to get his numbers".....i drafted calvin johnson with the first pick of the 4th round in 08 as my first receiver..he had 1300 yards and 12 tds with like 4 different diaper dirtty qbs throwing to him that year.....not to mention...anderson is the backup...didnt braylon have a career year with anderson at the helm?

Just to add a little light to the topic...

NFL network was reporting that several teammates have seen some maturation in the guy. The remarks were something along the lines of, He seems to have figured out that unlike at USC he can't just showup and get the job done. There's actual work to be done to be successful in the NFL and he seems to have finally embraced that.

I don't see drafting him but there is that.

BUM, is going to kill Fitz's numbers. I am staying completely away from ARZ Offense. Unless Warner comes back or they get another QB stay away.

Heh, TH even looks pretty this year if Leinart gets the gig and Wells should pound out some serous yardage!

I remember getting Aaron rodgers around the 14th round a few years ago. That was his 1st big year. Leinart could see that kind of jump this year IMO. I wouldnt expect it, but like BB said, Id rather take a flyer on a 3rd or 4th QB in the later rounds than a 6th or 7th WR/RB.

I remember getting Aaron rodgers around the 14th round a few years ago. That was his 1st big year. Leinart could see that kind of jump this year IMO. I wouldnt expect it, but like BB said, Id rather take a flyer on a 3rd or 4th QB in the later rounds than a 6th or 7th WR/RB.

Oh, he's definately worth the pick up. I'd just suggest burning a later round on him.