[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Arian Foster wow

Randall

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, pick your poison. Bottom line is the Texans now have a complete O.

I think Foster will be solid most of the year because you HAVE to respect the pass first against Houston.

They have the best WR in the game out there. You need to double him. If you don't and decide to stack against the run you will pay. I think you need to play it straight up against Hou. Which means Foster shouldn't face many 8 man fronts.

And of course he won't get 230 and average 7 YPC every week, but he runs hard, and Houston is clearly dedicated to him and likes him a lot. And you can't stack against him, so I think he'll be at least solid all year.

For today I have to give Kubiak credit. Instead of saying we must pass we are a passing team, he said the run is working, so keep feeding Foster. That was smart IMO.

Foster owners, don't get too excited. It WAS the Colts defense. Remember the wildcat vs the Colts last year?

He took it to Dallas in week 3 preseason and last year he finished his last two games vs NE and MIA with 242 yards and 3 TDs.

No reason not to get excited. It was against an NFL defense. What other runner has put up numbers like that against ANY NFL team in the history of football on an opening day or any other day for that matter.

Foster is a good RB, and every down RB, and he plays for a good team.

Edited by RussMan

He took it to Dallas in week 3 preseason and last year he finished his last two games vs NE and MIA with 242 yards and 3 TDs.

No reason not to get excited. It was against an NFL defense. What other runner has put up numbers like that against ANY NFL team in the history of football on an opening day or any other day for that matter.

Foster is a good RB, and every down RB, and he plays for a good team.

Benched him in one league in favor of Sjax and Mathews. Who can blame me! :wacko:

Damn Colts O-line looked like rag dolls or dominos. I could've picked up 15 yds/play running through some of those holes.

WoW! I'm just glad it was on a major network where many people could see the game. You don' t get to witness stats like that every week.

Edited by Asskickas

He isn't going to get 33 carries a game.

My guess is he settles in around 17-20 carries a game.

It is funny today, but shockingly I have seen more people go the "bad way" on Foster then the "good way". Like a lot of people have started the he isn't this good, or it was a fluke, or he is Kubiak's flavor of the month bandwagon. I think all those are off.

I also think the guys who are touting him as a elite top 5 stud (although I have not seen many do that) are off.

I think he will be where I thought he was prior to yesterday. From today forward I see him as a top 10-15 RB. Meaning in a 12 team league I view him as a low # 1/high # 2 RB.

He will get 17-20 carries a game in a high powered potent O. One that he is perfect for IMO. The coaches love the guy. Let's not act as if he has no talent, U of Tenn 2nd all time rusher. His style suites this O like a tee. They have a potent passing O, with the best WR in the game on the outside, to draw coverage (I can't see any 8 man fronts against him). AND Hou has produced top RB's before under Kubiak (Slaton just 2 years ago as example), so we know this O can produce good RB's.

So to me barring injury or a case of fumbleitis I think he is a low # 1/high # 2 in 12 team leagues from today forward.

Just my opinion, and I believed this prior to yesterday's explosion.

Edited by giantsfan

Indy is undersized so they ran at them and tried to wear them down physically.My hope is against other teams he gets a lot more receptions.

From MMQB - Jones Drew who called him a sleeper.

Fantasy Football Tidbit

Most NFL players learn to hate fantasy football, because fans run into them in restaurants or airports or wherever and implore them to be more productive for their fantasy team, or they grill them for information on that week's strategy, so the fantasy GM will make the right lineup moves. But Jags running back Maurice Jones-Drew hosts a Fantasy Football show (Friday, 7-9 p.m. EDT, Sirius Radio), is in a Sirius league, writes a fantasy column for SI.com on Fridays and has his own drafted players on his show to tell them they better play well. "I'm a cutthroat owner,'' Jones-Drew said the other day. "I'll call you out on my show.''

Jones-Drew had the first pick in his draft recently -- and took himself. His lineup: Himself, Matt Forte and C.J. Spiller in the backfield ("I'm trying to trade for Arian Foster,'' he said), Eli Manning and David Garrard (had to take the guy handing him the ball in Jacksonville) at quarterback, and a strong receiver group, including Anquan Boldin, Brandon Marshall and Brent Celek.

Jones-Drew gave his own team 98 rushing yards and 15 through the air Sunday in the 24-17 win over Denver. But no touchdowns. He'd better start scoring, or his owner could dump him.

It is funny today, but shockingly I have seen more people go the "bad way" on Foster then the "good way". Like a lot of people have started the he isn't this good, or it was a fluke, or he is Kubiak's flavor of the month bandwagon. I think all those are off.

I also think the guys who are touting him as a elite top 5 stud (although I have not seen many do that) are off.

I think he will be where I thought he was prior to yesterday. From today forward I see him as a top 10-15 RB. Meaning in a 12 team league I view him as a low # 1/high # 2 RB.

He will get 17-20 carries a game in a high powered potent O. One that he is perfect for IMO. The coaches love the guy. Let's not act as if he has no talent, U of Tenn 2nd all time rusher. His style suites this O like a tee. They have a potent passing O, with the best WR in the game on the outside, to draw coverage (I can't see any 8 man fronts against him). AND Hou has produced top RB's before under Kubiak (Slaton just 2 years ago as example), so we know this O can produce good RB's.

So to me barring injury or a case of fumbleitis I think he is a low # 1/high # 2 in 12 team leagues from today forward.

I agree with the majority of this post, but I'm hard pressed to find a better situation outside of the top 5 backs going into the season. He might very well end up being between 10-15, but since no one can claim to know who the 10-14 backs that will end up ahead of him, I would put Foster around the #8 overall RB right now and going forward.

I could be wrong, but I think he had 10 carries for 40 yards at halftime-- the Texans decided to run the Colts off the field in the second half. I doubt they plan for him to get 30 carries a game, but I'm sure they would love to have a hammer to close games out with (especially with the Texans flakey history of closing anything out). Who knows, if they go into the second half of games with the lead, he may rack up a ton of late game carries this year. The other plus is that the team doesn't trust Slaton late (fumbling problems) and Ward is a newcomer and needs to get acclimated to the playbook/teammates, so it's not like they have someone else to really challenge him for playing time.

If the team ends up behind, Slaton may get more time because he's probably a better pass-catcher and probably better in the open field. It's also fair to wonder if Foster will wear down by the end of the season if his usage stays relatively high.

His next five games are WAS, DAL, OAK, NYG, KC... 3 of those teams are struggling offensively (NYG looks good and KC hasn't played yet), none of them are top tier run defenses. Could be a good first third of the season for Foster.

I agree with the majority of this post, but I'm hard pressed to find a better situation outside of the top 5 backs going into the season. He might very well end up being between 10-15, but since no one can claim to know who the 10-14 backs that will end up ahead of him, I would put Foster around the #8 overall RB right now and going forward.

To me 8 might be a touch high, but I agree with the point that outside the top 4 or 5 SUPER talented great RB's, he has as good a situation as any RB out there. And those 4 or 5 guys are more about talent than great situations exactly.

He had 231 yds and 3 TD's. I'm gonna get excited this week!!

:wacko:

Oh my lord, people. THis is week 1. If he makes over 100 yards, at Washington, then I might think we have a RB that might be decent this year. I remember saying "Slaton is the man" until he was bumped. There are no sure things in te NFL....

what's amazing is the texans drafted a running back in the 2nd round so even they didn't realize what they had. as someone who played against Foster in 2 leagues, i really wish tate had never gotten hurt.

I disagree with this. Foster looked good the last two games of last season also, totaling 242 yards and 3 TDS in wins against MIA and NE. I think it has more to do with the fact that Kubiak lost faith in Slaton and wanted to have two options at RB going into 2010.

I will agree with a lot of this. Foster was no slouch coming out of college. The main things that brought his draft stock down were a slow forty,

fumbling problems and an ankle injury from the Senior Bowl. After his junior year he was being looked at as high as a second rounder by some scouts. I remember being stoked when the Texans signed him and Jeremiah Johnson of Oregon after the 2009 draft.

I agree he won't see 33 carries a week, but 25 touches total isn't out of the question, especially if they can get up in games.

I thought his fb looked amazing

I have always been a Vonta Leach fan. He is a pretty good receiver too.

Foster owners, don't get too excited. It WAS the Colts defense. Remember the wildcat vs the Colts last year?

Amen brother. One of the other owners in my league is trying like hell to get me to trade him Brandon Marshall for A. Foster, I reminded him of his fumbling issues in the latter half of last year and how Kubiak benched him due to his fumbles. So Foster owners enjoy it now cuz the 1st time he puts it on the turf Steve Slayton will be there to pick up the pieces. The Colts run D is the equivalent of your High School football's freshman team, ok maybe the JV squad. My sister could put up 100+ yards on the Indy Defense. I have been sayin it for years that the only reason that Indy is even relevant is cuz of Peyton without him they are a 3-13 team no questions asked. Will the real Colts Defense please stand up?????

Edited by champ48win