[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Livid

Brentastic

Did you know there is a federal law that limits you to only 6 transfers from your savings account to another account? You are also only allowed 4 debit (ATM) transactions. If you do more than 6 transfers you get charged a $12 fee and you get charged $3 for any debit transaction over 4.

I'm so Penny Laneing livid about this and every other thing going on in our modern society. I think I'm going to Penny Laneing snap. I'm glad the gubmit is there to legislate how I spend my savings.

It's actually 6 electronic transfers - ACH - (not in person) out of your savings account per any given month. Typically for most of us, that's moving money online or over the phone to a checking account, or an ATM withdrawal out of savings. After the 6, you can still move money out of savings, but you have to do it in person at the bank. I don't believe checking accounts are impacted. And if you're using an online bank like ING or Emigrant, you're stuck because there's no "bank" to go visit.

It's a fed regulation, that has to do with reserve requirements bank must maintain.

This 6 withdrawal limitation is part of the Federal Reserve’s Regulation D requirements, commonly called “Reg D”. Reg D was enacted as part of the Securities Act of 1933 in the aftermath of the 1929 stock market crash and was part of the New Deal

Why the limit? Reg D focuses on the correct calculation of reserves. In order t properly calculate reserves, they must be classified the correct way. In order for a savings account to be a savings account, it must have less than 6 withdrawals (or transfers) within a one month period. If a customer fails to abide by this limitation on more than an occasional basis, the account can no longer be classified as savings account under Reg D.

it's hard for me to see how this is a big deal in any way. :wacko:

which is more predictable? redrum rushing in to blame obama, or "fair and balanced" boy princess rushing in to gallantly defend him?

Or a personal attack by you?

Are you THAT intellectually challenged that all you can come up with is a stupid insult that you stole from West Virginia? Wait . . . you already answered that question by your actions . . .

:wacko:

Or a personal attack by you?

Are you THAT intellectually challenged that all you can come up with is a stupid insult that you stole from West Virginia? Wait . . . you already answered that question by your actions . . .

:wacko:

Not that I need to defend Az, but intellectually challenged? :tup:

He may be a lot of things, but that ain't one of 'em.

Not that I need to defend Az, but intellectually challenged? :tup:

He may be a lot of things, but that ain't one of 'em.

He can google right wing blogs that support his slanted opinion, read them, summarize them in a few introductory sentences and then copy and paste said slanted blogs with some of the best and brightest minds out there. :wacko:

Edited by bushwacked

Funny how this just devolves right into partisan rock chucking.

None of it addresses the point: Why do we need the government sticking it's nose into how many transactions I can make with my own money, electronic or otherwise?

The argument of reserve requirements is very thin, considering that I can transact in person as often as I'd like.

They're just trimming the real estate in the corral, a little bit at a time.

None of it addresses the point: Why do we need the government sticking it's nose into how many transactions I can make with my own money, electronic or otherwise?

The argument of reserve requirements is very thin, considering that I can transact in person as often as I'd like.

+1

Oh and Az would take out BP within two minutes of the first round the only questions is whether it is a knock out or submission. I'm guessing submission.

the new deal regulations require that the banks classify their accounts into categories -- savings, checking, etc -- for purposes of calculating their reserve requirements. I dunno why it really matters, but our government betters decided it was important 80 years ago. that's clearly the reason the requirement is there, whether you think it's a strong reason or not. I don't know if they were right or wrong, but it doesn't seem like a very constraining requirement. you can still take all your money out in one shot (or 6), any time, so it's not like it can be cast as some nefarious plot to hold your money captive. to me, it's just an innocuous, arcane rule defining what a "savings" account is. BFD. :wacko:

That's pretty much what the tailgate has devolved into. :wacko: The board should just change forum rules to eliminate political talk. Nobody is really changing minds and it's more of a gang mentality of partisans looking for a circle jerk. Has nothing to do with truth finding and the tailgate would be better off just closing threads as members have clearly shown that they have no interest in honest conversations on politics. Football and a hobby have brought a lot of people together on these boards and politics does little but cause divides. If the political flies want to argue politics every day there are plenty of other places with people that have more time and inclination to discuss those topics. /soapbox

+1

+1

This.

you guys do know this "little bit at a time" happened 80 years ago, right?

I mean, I'm very sympathetic to the notion of shrinking liberty and government encroachment, but come on. an 80 year-old rule that says banks have to call your account "checking" rather than "savings" if they allow you to make more than 6 withdrawls per month....in the "real estate" of lost liberty in this country, that's a fraction of one blade of grass.

you guys do know this "little bit at a time" happened 80 years ago, right?

I mean, I'm very sympathetic to the notion of shrinking liberty and government encroachment, but come on. an 80 year-old rule that says banks have to call your account "checking" rather than "savings" if they allow you to make more than 6 withdrawls per month....in the "real estate" of lost liberty in this country, that's a fraction of one blade of grass.

You're now starting to sound like Ursa in regards to earmarks or NPR.