[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Medical Question

Avernus

last night I felt fine and went to bed only to wake up and started vomiting, but the vomit was black (a smoky black). Today I feel fine other than a little weak and slight nausea, but nothing that appears to be serious at all other than a slight achiness. (IE: Headache, pain etc.)

I did some research and I've read about the possibility of an ulcer or even cancer :tup: . Does anyone have at least a decent opinion of what this might be or if it was anything serious?....

Thanks in advance :wacko:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't that mean you're possessed?

I'm not sure why you didn't keep a sample of it and immediately go to the ER?

I didn't feel alarmed and still don't, plus I felt fine after the 2nd session of vomiting. I am guessing that I will have to see a doc in the morning...

Do you know, for a fact, what your pain threshold is? What if you have a high tolerance for the type of pain that you're in?

When my ACL reconstruction got infected, my doctor was shocked at how high my pain threshold was for that type of pain. Then she stuck a needle in to get a sample of the infection and I screamed like a little girl. Just sayin' that there might be different types of pain and you might have a high tolerance for whatever might be going on?

I'm not sure I would wait upwards of 48 hours to get consulted.

It's never been that high of a threshold

Have you taken a pepto bismol recently?

I had this happen to me after a weekend long bender, on both ends. After taking the pepto, my stomach was still sick for a day or two, and got really concerned when even my craps were jet black. I'd suspected I'd done more damage then just a hangover, but quickly found out that Pepto was the culprit. Went away in a few days after that...

But if you haven't had pepto recently, definitely go to the doctor.

Edited by delusions of granduer

+blood again, had a friend who had ulcers that resulted in black vomit. Better get it checked out asap.

it didn't have blood texture...it was like a powdery smoke in the water....it looked like bile, but only black to be honest and also someone I was around had the same exact problem from last night..... he did not go into work today...

his was not black, but it was definitely from an infection....

Sorry I didn't see this thread until just now.

Black vomit can be from Pepto Bismol. If you're not taking any new medications, black vomit usually means there is blood in the stomach or upper intestine. The most common cause of bleeding in those areas is ulcer.

I think a visit to your doc is definitely a good idea.

Black vomit can be from Pepto Bismol. If you're not taking any new medications, black vomit usually means there is blood in the stomach or upper intestine. The most common cause of bleeding in those areas is ulcer.

+1

Listen to OUR Doc. A Dr. visit is not an option. Mandatory, even if it goes away. Black stuff coming from either main orifice (intake or exhaust) is a sign of bleeding. I had the black out the butt several years ago. I got the scope up/down both ends. The scopes were negative but I've been on Prevacid since w/ no problems. GO TO A DOC!

even if someone that I know and was around that day had the same thing, but not as bad as far as "infection" goes?...

last night I felt fine and went to bed only to wake up and started vomiting, but the vomit was black (a smoky black). Today I feel fine other than a little weak and slight nausea, but nothing that appears to be serious at all other than a slight achiness. (IE: Headache, pain etc.)

I did some research and I've read about the possibility of an ulcer or even cancer :tup: . Does anyone have at least a decent opinion of what this might be or if it was anything serious?....

Thanks in advance :wacko:

By any chance, did you take a few tums/rolaids, or drink some pepto before you went to bed???