[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Medical Question

Avernus

You need to see two different docs...one for the vomit and make the 2nd a psychiatrist or psychologist for being crazy enough to post on a non-medical board looking for advice, then not taking it.

I was hoping to get something more thorough because the medical boards always say cancer or etc....and they weren't very helpful....

plus, I already had an idea because this definitely is not blood and if it was, I would have known I was vomiting blood....this was something else and it feels like I purged it out of my system ...plus I've eaten since and my body has craved food..

If I still was bleeding internally, something would have come up again with the way I was vomiting last night (I vomited a lot in 2 short settings) on top of how much I've eaten since I started feeling near 90% and my stomach has been begging for more and more food...

Edited by Avernus

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to see two different docs...one for the vomit and make the 2nd a psychiatrist or psychologist for being crazy enough to post on a non-medical board looking for advice, then not taking it.

+1,000,000

I was hoping to get something more thorough because the medical boards always say cancer or etc....and they weren't very helpful....

plus, I already had an idea because this definitely is not blood and if it was, I would have known I was vomiting blood....this was something else and it feels like I purged it out of my system ...plus I've eaten since and my body has craved food..

If I still was bleeding internally, something would have come up again with the way I was vomiting last night (I vomited a lot in 2 short settings) on top of how much I've eaten since I started feeling near 90% and my stomach has been begging for more and more food...

Stop rationalizing............See a DR. ASAP! Don't be A SAP!

ok, so the medical boards so cancer and you say "I don't like that option, let me see what the huddlers say"

and the huddlers (including an actual medical doctor) all say, "go see a doctor"

and you say, "I don't want to see a doctor and, in fact, I have diagnosed myself and determined it is nothing"

the only logical explanation for your actions is that you don't have medical insurance and you don't want to waste money on seeing a doctor if it indeed turns out to be nothing (which is, of course, what we are all hoping)

Are you implying that because the puke was black and Obama is black that they are related? RACIST!!!!

Half black!!!! RACist!!!11!!

ETA: I figure if by Page 2, the guy hasn't seen a doctor yet when you're puking the Son of Satan out of your orifices, then you can commence the bad jokes :wacko:

Edited by TimC

ok, so the medical boards so cancer and you say "I don't like that option, let me see what the huddlers say"

and the huddlers (including an actual medical doctor) all say, "go see a doctor"

and you say, "I don't want to see a doctor and, in fact, I have diagnosed myself and determined it is nothing"

the only logical explanation for your actions is that you don't have medical insurance and you don't want to waste money on seeing a doctor if it indeed turns out to be nothing (which is, of course, what we are all hoping)

That about sums it up.

Go see a doctor ASAP.

I ditched the insurance about a year ago because I was paying too much and I felt my age and health allowed me to do so...

I am usually a worry wart in these situations, but no red flags were raised, I was more curious than anything as to what the cause was and have seen people vomit blood before as well. When I saw my vomit, I never thought blood but rather an infection which is actually gone

I ditched the insurance about a year ago because I was paying too much and I felt my age and health allowed me to do so...

I am usually a worry wart in these situations, but no red flags were raised, I was more curious than anything as to what the cause was and have seen people vomit blood before as well. When I saw my vomit, I never thought blood but rather an infection which is actually gone

Seriously... I can't see how you can say that you think it is an infection that is gone when you actually have no idea whatsoever what is causing it. How do you even know you had an infection and how can you compare what happened to you to what happened to your friend when your vomit was black and his was not? And how the Penny Lane can you say no red flags were raised? :wacko: Also just because you don't think the texture or whatever resembles blood and you are no longer vomiting doesn't mean it's not blood. The blood isn't necessarily what made you vomit and when it's in your stomach and mixed with everything else in there it probably doesn't come out looking or feeling like you might think it should.

Dude... don't be a dumbass. Go see a friggin' doctor. :tup:

not to highjack this thread or anything, but I cannot recall - were you for or against the recent health care bill?

America's health care is #1 :wacko::tup:

Except if you take into account the overall cost, the average life expectancy, and various other statistics that put us towards the lower half of industrialized nations. Good thing we fight those commie ideals instead of adopting more effective solutions. Brilliant!

I figured this was the case since I know your own small firm.

I can understand why you wouldn't buy insurance--in fact, it is the major problem with allowing a free market solution to the provision of health insurance--insurance companies think that the only reason somebody would buy insurance is if they think they there is a reasonable chance of using it... therefore the companies raise rates because they think their expected payouts for claims are going to be high. This then causes some people to not buy insurance because they would be paying well more than what the "fair" price for their insurance would be.

One way of fixing this problem of "adverse selection" is to mandate that everyone buy insurance--in doing so, the insurance companies will no longer have reason to think that people are only buying insurance because they think they will need it. I should therefore lower the price of buying insurance for people in your situation.

One way of fixing this problem of "adverse selection" is to mandate that everyone buy insurance--in doing so, the insurance companies will no longer have reason to think that people are only buying insurance because they think they will need it. I should therefore lower the price of buying insurance for people in your situation.

What a novel idea!

Someone should tell that to people in Congress or something . . . . oh wait. :wacko:

Avernus dont think twice . . get to a freakin doctor ASAP.

square . . . .

Kind of like TimC said... If the guy isn't going to listen and it's on to the second page, I figured we might as well crack jokes or argue. Isn't this an actual application of what happens in real life? We can all disagree about the solution but there is no ignoring that healthcare is one of the biggest problems our nation faces. And I'll put my perching average (PA) against any of you guys. :wacko:

I figured this was the case since I know your own small firm.

I can understand why you wouldn't buy insurance--in fact, it is the major problem with allowing a free market solution to the provision of health insurance--insurance companies think that the only reason somebody would buy insurance is if they think they there is a reasonable chance of using it... therefore the companies raise rates because they think their expected payouts for claims are going to be high. This then causes some people to not buy insurance because they would be paying well more than what the "fair" price for their insurance would be.

:wacko: I actually picked up the insurance because of a hiatal (sp?) hernia and also one in my abdomen from getting sick....I don't usually get sick unless something extremely nasty is going around...this was just me vomiting hard enough to weaken the abdominal wall, but I actually managed to correct the problem myself and the Doc (I had a 2nd opinion on this too) said I was fine, but if I ever see it pop out in my abdomen and it goes "squish" when I pop it back in to go to the ER :tup:

anyways, once I knew I was fine I immediately ditched the insurance...

Seriously... I can't see how you can say that you think it is an infection that is gone when you actually have no idea whatsoever what is causing it. How do you even know you had an infection and how can you compare what happened to you to what happened to your friend when your vomit was black and his was not? And how the Penny Lane can you say no red flags were raised? :wacko: Also just because you don't think the texture or whatever resembles blood and you are no longer vomiting doesn't mean it's not blood. The blood isn't necessarily what made you vomit and when it's in your stomach and mixed with everything else in there it probably doesn't come out looking or feeling like you might think it should.

Dude... don't be a dumbass. Go see a friggin' doctor. :tup:

:lol: it's much more than that, he had the same exact symptoms that I did and we had the same sneezing fit around the same time....

when I saw the vomit, I never thought blood :tup: and on top of that there is literally no pain internally and my body isn't exactly numb to this sort of thing because it seems as if sometimes I feel too much of what is going on internally....

no pinch, sting or anything....my poo isn't black (another thing I saw to look for) and my urine is crystal since...

I was just hoping someone might have had an easy answer for this, but I am in no case alarmed unless I find myself vomiting black again....

if I find myself vomiting black again, I'm going straight to the ER with a sample....