[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Put together your WORST three man booth

Chief Dick

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, anyone else watching sportcenter after the game? You asked and ESPN delivered: Stuart Scott, Matt Millen and Steve Young.... And in case you wondering, you can get off the edge of your seat. They're talking about Favre.

Pretty pathetic when Steve Young is your best commentator. Will everybody please stop hiring Matt Millen?

Dierdorf, Collingsworth, Theisman.

It should not have taken this long for someone to mention Dierdorf.

Though not a booth guy (and someone has already broken the seal on that requirement) Shannon Sharpe. Sorry, if you have a speech impediment, you should not be in broadcasting. That goes for what's her face on NPR. What the hell is she doing with a radio show? Not that he (or she) doesn't come up with worthwhile things to say, the world is not lacking for people who are capable of talking that we need to have you do this.

And I'll certainly echo the hate for Joe Buck.

On a somewhat related topic, why do we need like 12 guys to bring us MNF? You've got 3 in the booth, at least that many more in the little side-line booth (Scott, Steve Young, etc), and like 5 more back in the studio. Really? Are there so many angles that three guys with a research team feeding them info all night long can't keep up?

Millen as a sideline reporter would be hilarious....queue the transition to the sideline reporter ("Lets go see what Millen has for us...whats up Millen?) for his brilliance:

"Well i got word that in general terms generally the team with the most points at the general end of the 4th quarter will probably have a better chance at winning according to this copy of Football for Dummies I found here in the trash. Also in Section 5C note that there are two hot chicks wrastling-oops false alarm. My bad, its two guys. Yup. So....back to you guys"

Gumbel, Theismann & Tony Kornheiser

I think this is the one for me. Good call.

I was reading the topic and this was the first one that came to mind ... detlef wins hands down ... Sharpe and pick any other two. He speaks like he has a case of skittles in his mouth and would try to talk over any of them.

"Though not a booth guy (and someone has already broken the seal on that requirement) Shannon Sharpe. Sorry, if you have a speech impediment, you should not be in broadcasting. That goes for what's her face on NPR. What the hell is she doing with a radio show? Not that he (or she) doesn't come up with worthwhile things to say, the world is not lacking for people who are capable of talking that we need to have you do this."