[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

On your way to Fantasy Bowl 2010

BearBroncos

I M. Vick'd somebody. :tup:

I won the chance to be M. Vick'd in the championship. :wacko:

That team, my next opponent, is scoring somewhat higher than mine this week. But, if I can get Brees/Charles/Wallace to score similar to this week, plus more typical average score (instead of this week's subpar numbers) from Foster/Wayne/Davis, then we match up pretty well.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 money leagues

3 semis

all losses

my lineup in my main local:

P. Manning

Arian Foster

Michael Turner

Jonathon Stewart (benched both the Giants backfield duo)

Kenny Britt

Colston

Josh Brown

Pitt D

got some decent yards but no TDs. Highest scoring team, #1 seed. Ugh.

Ok, I'll play ... I need 4 turnovers & 2 TDs from the Bears DF/ST tonite to pull out a win & advance to the FF super bowl with this group of starters in the week #15 games:

- QB > S. Bradford*

- RB > A. Foster

- RB > L. Blount

- WR > A. Johnson

- WR > J. Maclin

- WR > P. Garcon

- PK > D. Akers

- DF > Bears

* latest in a revolving door of QBs I have used this year including M. Stafford, A. Smith, S. Hill, D. Garrard, D. Stanton

Made the playoffs in 3 leagues, will be going to 2 championship games.

Was points leader for the season in this league and went 11-2, #1 overall seed. Transactions open through the playoffs.

Bundy League - QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, flex, TE, K, D

P. Manning

D. McNabb

A. Foster

R. Rice (keeper)

J. Charles (keeper)

M. Lynch

W. McGahee

M. Floyd

J Gaffney

M. Thomas

J. Ford

H. Ward

V. Davis

J. Dreesen

B. Cundiff

NE Defense

Second in total points in this league and won my division, rosters locked prior to playoffs.

Koolkids - QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, K, D

P. Manning

S. Bradford

J. Charles

T. Jones

A Foster

T. Gerhart

M. Wallace

M. Thomas

P. Harvin

J. Knox

T. Gonzalez

T. Heap

R. Bironas

N. Kaeding

Baltimore Defense

Oakland Defense

In this league I lost both DeAngelo Williams and Frank Gore to injury. Backups at K and Def are due to locking rosters prior to the playoffs. Bironas had injury and bad offense issues and I wanted to play the matchups with Oak and Balt.

Made it to the playoffs in 12 out of 18 leagues.

• Week 14 - Eliminated in 2 leagues
  • Week 15 - 6 leagues made it to the championship game in week 16. I had byes in 3 leagues, in which they play the championship game in week 17. 9 teams still alive

Only made it to the championship game in one BoTH league. Sucks.

Edited by electricrelish

Made it to the playoffs in 12 out of 18 leagues.

• Week 14 - Eliminated in 2 leagues

• Week 15 - 6 leagues made it to the championship game in week 16. I had byes in 3 leagues, in which they play the championship game in week 17. 9 teams still alive

Only made it to the championship game in one BoTH league. Sucks.

And I thought I was obsessed the year I played in four leagues!

I won the chance to be M. Vick'd in the championship. :wacko:

That team, my next opponent, is scoring somewhat higher than mine this week. But, if I can get Brees/Charles/Wallace to score similar to this week, plus more typical average score (instead of this week's subpar numbers) from Foster/Wayne/Davis, then we match up pretty well.

Interesting that Vick is now a verb: being "Vicked" (or "Vicking" another team). I don't remember another stud FF player whose name lent itself as well (or as convincingly) to becoming a verb.

Jim Day (fantasytaz) played in 63 leagues this year. He made it to the playoffs in 49 leagues. I believe he's retired, so he's made fantasy his living, hosting multiple radio shows and writing articles. Incidentally, I'm playing him in the championship game in the BTR Listener's Challenge.

Edited by electricrelish

Only made it in one of five leagues. Luckily it's the one with the biggest payout for the champion (around $1600).

Vick (Ryan backup)

Foster

Hillis

Stewart (or Green Ellis)

Nicks

Austin

Gates (now Boss)

K

Def

That's our normal starting lineup now. Interestingly I didn't draft Vick, Foster, Hillis, Stewart or Green-Ellis. Got Vick straight up for Michael Bush very early on. Ryan Grant was the 2nd round pick and Hillis was his WW replacement. Traded Frank Gore for Foster the week before Gore got hurt. So yeah...luck plays a pretty big role.

Edited by Puddy

I destroyed Trey in the Ladder, so unless Forte can get 90 points, I'm in there. Unfortunately, I'll be playing him twice next year in LLD, so he'll exact his revenge.

In BLNY, I'm up 40 against Brady and Branch.

In my local, I'm tied, but will likely lose by a few points tomorrow night. I have Webb and he has Forte, PK, and CHI DEF.

GO WEBB GO!

thanks for the reminder :wacko:

in my local big money league, if AP doesn't get 60 pts I make it to the Big Dance.

Going to the title game in 2 of 3 leagues, which I suppose somewhat makes up for getting bounced in my main league, where I am 0-for-16 in titles (yes, same league since 1994 and 0-for-4 in Super Bowl games). That is, unless Sidney Rice blows up for four TDs tonight with (*cough*) Joe Webb at the helm. Should Sid break out for four scores and 130 yards or so, then I will be in only one title game.

In one league I lucked out from my opponent's team playing horribly: he got a combined 10 points from Ward, Gonzo, and Bowe. My team was kind of soft, but good enough to win, and Foster's injury (plus a surprisingly bad TB DEF showing) made me beatable.

In the other league my team went ape-shiiiite, with Rivers-Rice-Charles putting up 83 points between the three in standard scoring in a 146-101 blowout (standard scoring).

Oh, and of course my big money league team decided to show up in the consolation bracket week instead of week one of the playoffs. Naturally.

So you're the Buffalo Bills in your local main league? Why was it surprising for a poor TB showing? Did you not know that their defense has lost multiple players?

I destroyed Trey in the Ladder, so unless Forte can get 90 points, I'm in there. Unfortunately, I'll be playing him twice next year in LLD, so he'll exact his revenge.

In BLNY, I'm up 40 against Brady and Branch.

In my local, I'm tied, but will likely lose by a few points tomorrow night. I have Webb and he has Forte, PK, and CHI DEF.

GO WEBB GO!

I'm happy for you, man. You've earned it!

18 is the most that I've ever played in. I expanded into different types of leagues: Redraft (standard scoring), Redraft (PPR, IDP), Redraft (PPR), Keeper (PPR), Keeper (PPR, IDP), Dynasty (Standard scoring), Dynasty (PPR), etc.

So you're the Buffalo Bills in your local main league? Why was it surprising for a poor TB showing? Did you not know that their defense has lost multiple players?

Heh, yes the local version of the Bills. As for Tampa Bay, I was banking on a pick or two from Drew Stanton, plus this league is friendly toward low-scoring games. I figured the Lions would be good for only 10 points and a couple of turnovers, but they more than doubled the point total and played smart football. My other option was the Ravens, but I figured Brees would score 25-30 points and make them ineffective (this was mostly correct, but the Ravens would have given me 5 points versus the goose egg laid by TB).

Going to Super Bowl in one league which I won last year. In the other league it was a tie, he had Vick and I had A Foster. Waiting for resolution but it doesn't look to be in my favor.

Not another league where you guys didn't decide on tie-breakers before the season started. D'oh!

Only play one league a year to focus on it and make a victory that much more sweet. Going into week 14 I was 7-6, third highest scoring team in the league and #4 seed. My opponent was the highest scoring team in the league and #1 seed at 11-2. He averaged 20+ more points per game than I. Orton, AP, Foster, McCoy, Megatron, Wallace and Marshall rounded his team out.

Our playoffs are a cummulative score of weeks 14-15 and 16-17. I beat him by 39 last week and am beating him this week by 41 with only AP and Cutler to go. Cannot believe it, but I am likely headed to the Fantasy Bowl again! Go drafting WR/WR/RB/RB in my first four rounds and working the waivers and trades all year! :wacko:

Edited by The Ball Basher

I'm 90+ percent sure that I'm in the final in three leagues. Until that's 100%, though, I don't feel comfortable saying anything more than that. I could be up by 80, with one player left to go against me, and I'd still be nervous. Too many times down this Week 15/16 road, where things didn't work out like I expected them to. In fact, I almost feel like I'm jinxing myself, just by posting this. I guess we'll know in a few hours. :wacko:

Vick and Rice coming up huge for me. Rick with a monster first half but Vick was making it look like I was going to lose. With Rice rsaking up the yards in the second and Vick going of for 37 points in standard leaguees in the second Ive put my opponent down 45 with just the bears D left for him. Finals here I come. NIce prize for second as well but first is hugggggggggggge

I'm like 0-12 in League Championship games and the team I will play would have beat me by like 56 this weekend. Last year none of my 4 teams made it to the playoffs. This year 3 of 4 did; however, two teams lost last week - one team by .22 and the other got Brady/McFaddened and lost by 102.8 (losing by .22 hurts way worse, btw).

A 2.9 point victory. If it weren't for that illegal hands to the face that called back the Flynn interception, the Pats would have needed a first down or two to run out the clock and I probably would have lost. I guess that's why I keep coming back for the beatings. What a year.

Anyways, 8 team BOTH/civilian auction - TAR. I rented a car (mine won't make it to Austin and back) and left for Austin at 4 or 5 in the morning, drove there and home the same day, the Saturday before school started. It was a blast. We are looking to expand next year I believe... I brought Czech Stop kolaches and will do so again next year for karma.

Crush Can Princess:

E. Manning

C. Palmer

S. Jackson

R. Mendenhall

L. Tomlinson (I was the first person lauged at in the draft)

R. Torain (FA)

A. Boldin

J. Gaffney (FA)

D. Jackson

V. Jackson

B. Lloyd (FA)

R. Wayne

B. Celek

M. Lewis (FA)

D. Akers

Steelers

:lol::tup:

Me and you in the TAR League, Club - get ready for another dose of Vick, McFadden, McCoy, AJ, Roddy, Maclin

Marshall Faulk? :wacko:

I think you got Vicked in TAR league :tup: