[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why can't people say simple names?

detlef

My manager at Dos Perros is named Raul. And half the freaking people who say it, screw it up. It's amazing. Raul. How hard is that? Look at the name. Say it the way that makes sense. It's practically spelled phonetically. And the way they mess it up is so much harder to say than how you say it correctly. They usually say, "Rieul", replacing the "a" for a hard "i" sound. It happens all the time. And I'm not even talking about rolling the R or deepening the "u" or anything super legit like like that. Just not completely butchering a guy's name when it is abundantly simple to say.

I used to work with guy named Manuel. He'd introduce himself to a guy and say his name, "Man-well". Then they'd say "Please to meet you Man-u-ell".

Dude, he just freaking said his name! Were you not listening? And it's not like it's some crazy slavic name that you really have to work at to say right. "Man-well". Two simple words to say, just put them together and say it.

Rant over, carry on.

And, no, it is not hot enough for me yet. It could certainly stand to be hotter.

I hate it when people mispronounce my name. It's chester. Chess - like the game. and tur. chester. It's easy but often people refer to me as dumb$hit or dikwad. I just don't get it.

I hate it when people mispronounce my name. It's chester. Chess - like the game. and tur. chester. It's easy but often people refer to me as dumb$hit or dikwad. I just don't get it.

:wacko: No it isn't

Because they can't cook dog correctly? :confused:

You ever try to have a US citizen deported for threatening to file a work related grievance against you?

How hard is that? Look at the name. Say it the way that makes sense. ...

I used to work with guy named Manuel. He'd introduce himself to a guy and say his name, "Man-well". Then they'd say "Please to meet you Man-u-ell".

Dude, he just freaking said his name! Were you not listening?

Maybe they were reading his name tag and pronouncing his name the way they think it makes sense. :wacko:

You ever try to have a US citizen deported for threatening to file a work related grievance against you?

If that happens, I normally just brings a little garlic, sage, rosemary and offending US citizen to a slow boil for about 16 hours until it falls off the bone. Make a little rue for gravy and serve over rice or egg noodles.

Because they can't cook dog correctly? :confused:

That's Koreans, you idiot.

So, you pronounce "Raul" like "Paul, right?

Only in Texas.

As for pronounciations, screwing up "foreign names" doesn't bother me nearly as much as boneheads who screw up even the simplest and plainest of English in the most idiotic of ways, even for Americans, and I'm not simply talking about having an accent.

That's Koreans, you idiot.

Only in Texas.

As for pronounciations, screwing up "foreign names" doesn't bother me nearly as much as boneheads who screw up even the simplest and plainest of English in the most idiotic of ways, even for Americans, and I'm not simply talking about having an accent.

Can I axe you a question?????

People always mess up my name. It's Joe but they always say "Jo", like a woman's name. :wacko:

If you wouldn't go out in public in a skirt and heels maybe this wouldn't happen. F'ing Redskins fans.