[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who post more political argument threads on the tailgate?

Square

Which do you think posts more argument bait?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Liberal hippies or Yuppie scum?

• LIberal Hippies
    • Yuppie Conservative Scum
    • Hippie Puddy Scum?

Some turd in another thread brought up the topic so I figured I'd give it a quick glance. I went back to the last 6 pages of the tailgate and counted which threads seemed like they were started to flame the opposition politically. First vote and then check below for the results.

NOTE: There wasn't a real easy way to do this, but I tried to be reasonable in letting both sides go when they were talking about issues that were either something everyone could kind of agree on or where the original post was actually meant to be informational instead of argument bait. I also did not read all of the threads, it was more a glance at the original post and the tone or my quick guess at the intent of posting said article.

Liberal posts = 11

Conservative = 10

So I think it is closer than some may think as far as pointing fingers to who does it more. Here are the pages that show which threads I flagged (box = lib, arrow = con).

page 1

page 2

page 3

page 4

page 5

Page 6

I think it really does depend on who is in power at the time. Typically the opposition is more vocal in their opposition than the supporters in their support. From 2000 - 2006 the liberals posted more critical stuff, from 2006-2008 it was fairly split, and from 2008 until the 2010 election conservatives like myself posted more, but since the 2010 elections it is starting to go back toward being more even since the GOP controls The House.

I would take issue with some of your counting criteria. my post on ICANN (near the bottom of page 1) is a "flame thread", but bush's right below it praising government bailouts is not?

edit: not to mention the bushwanked post right above about the anti-gay preacher caught jerking his chicken in the park. :wacko:

Edited by Azazello1313

I would take issue with some of your counting criteria. my post on ICANN (near the bottom of page 1) is a "flame thread", but bush's right below it praising government bailouts is not?

I know you can nitpick some of them but I tried to be even handed. I didn't read the whole article or thread and many of these I missed the first time so I'll say it was a gut feeling on some. The ICANN article might have seemed a little more like you were trolling when I scanned but I definitely could be off on that one. I think Bushwacked got called pretty often for posting such articles, but the one about bailouts titled "Assessment of bailouts continues to brighten" didn't really seem like a trolling attempt (maybe if bush didn't post it you'd agree?). It's a fine line of informative vs. flame bait I guess. :wacko:

edit: not to mention the bushwanked post right above about the anti-gay preacher caught jerking his chicken in the park. :tup:

I guess I didn't really consider that "political". Not really sure if anybody would defend a priest in that circumstance (the priests I know wouldn't).

There were some other articles on the right that I believe I tried to give a pass to as them being something most rational people would be against. Ursa and SEC each had a couple bashing their own side of the aisle.

I think you're getting confused with threads that happen to get under your skin than with political threads in general.

Oh come on Bushy... every sentence that craps out of your brain into this forum is riddled with the corn of liberal politics. :wacko:

Oh come on Bushy... every sentence that craps out of your brain into this forum is riddled with the corn of liberal politics. :wacko:

Politics is absurd, and while there is ammo for both sides, I find pointing out the absurdity of the right immensely easier. For every one dem that thinks an island might tilt into the ocean if too many people live on one side there are 50 man on dog Santorums. That and I'm the tail gate pursuer of truth and justice, because I have tiger blood.

Politics is absurd, and while there is ammo for both sides, I find pointing out the absurdity of the right immensely easier. For every one dem that thinks an island might tilt into the ocean if too many people live on one side there are 50 man on dog Santorums. That and I'm the tail gate pursuer of truth and justice, because I have tiger blood.

I'm an F-18.

This post is another example of why almost everyone dismisses your posts as pure rubbish. You're hard core belief in a failed ideology has caused you to snap.