[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Oh yay

Caveman_Nick

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obama has seemed very reluctant from the outset to get involved, hoping the rebels could overwhelm the military, causing this to take care of itself. There won't be any need for troops on the ground. Just a handful of well placed tactical aerial attacks to even the playing field a bit, and some medical supplies and possibly a few weapons, and the rebels take over pretty easily. The No Fly Zone in itself might be enough, but just a little help could end this thing really quickly.

Obama has seemed very reluctant from the outset to get involved, hoping the rebels could overwhelm the military, causing this to take care of itself. There won't be any need for troops on the ground. Just a handful of well placed tactical aerial attacks to even the playing field a bit, and some medical supplies and possibly a few weapons, and the rebels take over pretty easily. The No Fly Zone in itself might be enough, but just a little help could end this thing really quickly.

Hope yer right :wacko:

American forces launch cruise missiles on Libya's air defenses, clearing the way for European and other planes to enforce a no-fly zone to ground Qaddafi's air force and cripple his ability to inflict further violence

Great, Obama helping Al Queda terrorists take over a country with the backing of 10 members of the UN Security Council. This should end well...

ETA: I wonder if his daddy had something against Libyans?

Edited by SEC=UGA

Arab League - "Yes, you need to do this to protect the people because all that hardware we've bought from you isn't enough for us to do it ourselves plus we're a bunch of useless lazy turds"

Arab League - "You've gone too far, someone got killed wah wah wah"

F 'em all, let them stew in their own juice.

Will we ever see Allied/US troops on the ground or just air strikes? The good news is there is we are not the only ones this time.

We had plenty of support in the beginning of Iraq and Afghanistan as well. The problem is the longer things take the less support there is both internationally as well as here at home.

Arab League - "Yes, you need to do this to protect the people because all that hardware we've bought from you isn't enough for us to do it ourselves plus we're a bunch of useless lazy turds"

Arab League - "You've gone too far, someone got killed wah wah wah"

I agree as well.

I don't understand why it took so long for this decision to be made, but I think it is the right decision given the circumstances.

What's wrong, Charlie Brown?

I just don't think we should have got involved in this.

We had plenty of support in the beginning of Iraq and Afghanistan as well. The problem is the longer things take the less support there is both internationally as well as here at home.

I agree as well.

I don't understand why it took so long for this decision to be made, but I think it is the right decision given the circumstances.

I disagree about the Iraq support. Other than the UK and a bunch of bit players hoping for US handouts, it was pretty much non-existent.

And IMO it's the wrong decision. Why can't the Saudis and the rest of the oil bastards do this? How come the Great Satan and the little European Satans have to do it? Are the Saudis at least going to fork over the cost?

We may not agree often but :tup: to that. I have been so sick of us sticking our nose where it doesn't belong for so long it's beyond belief.

I think Obama might have broken the record for cruise missile strikes by a Nobel Peace Price winner.

lol

And frankly if this were Bush I guarantee the hard-core liberal anti-Bushies would be all over mr war monger all about oil blah blah blah. :wacko:

fn stupid. Just like Bush's massive buildup and thinking he could install democracy in the Middle East was stupid. These loons are determined to kick the f outta each other, as they have been since the beginning of time. For us to try and stop it only gets our guys killed and them pissed at us.

Fact: Bush Had 2 Times More Coalition Partners in Iraq Than Obama Has in Libya :wacko:

Coalition Forces / Iraq vs. Libya

Coalition Countries - Iraq - 2003

Afghanistan,

Albania

Australia

Azerbaijan

Bulgaria

Colombia

Czech Republic

Denmark

El Salvador

Eritrea

Estonia

Ethiopia

Georgia

Hungary

Italy

Japan

South Korea

Latvia

Lithuania

Macedonia

Netherlands

Nicaragua

Philippines

Poland

Romania

Slovakia

Spain

Turkey

United Kingdom

Uzbekistan

Coalition - Libya - 2011

United States

France

United Kingdom

Italy

Canada

Belgium

Denmark

Norway

Qatar

Spain

Greece

Germany

Poland

Jordan

Morocco

United Arab Emirate

http://nation.foxnews.com/barack-obama/201...obama-has-libya

Fact: Bush Had 2 Times More Coalition Partners in Iraq Than Obama Has in Libya :wacko:

Coalition Forces / Iraq vs. Libya

Coalition Countries - Iraq - 2003

Afghanistan,

Albania

Australia

Azerbaijan

Bulgaria

Colombia

Czech Republic

Denmark

El Salvador

Eritrea

Estonia

Ethiopia

Georgia

Hungary

Italy

Japan

South Korea

Latvia

Lithuania

Macedonia

Netherlands

Nicaragua

Philippines

Poland

Romania

Slovakia

Spain

Turkey

United Kingdom

Uzbekistan

Coalition - Libya - 2011

United States

France

United Kingdom

Italy

Canada

Belgium

Denmark

Norway

Qatar

Spain

Greece

Germany

Poland

Jordan

Morocco

United Arab Emirate

http://nation.foxnews.com/barack-obama/201...obama-has-libya

It's hard to compare the 2 since the Iraq coalition was gained on what turned out to be erroneous (WMD) information. We can't go back and see what the coalition would have been without the WMD threat, but I'm thinking it would be a lot less.

This latest action was taken to prevent Gadhafi from brutally wiping out a portion of the Libyan population which I think many agree that it is what Gadhafi had not only promised but had begun to carry out.

It's hard to compare the 2 since the Iraq coalition was gained on what turned out to be erroneous (WMD) information. We can't go back and see what the coalition would have been without the WMD threat, but I'm thinking it would be a lot less.

This latest action was taken to prevent Gadhafi from brutally wiping out a portion of the Libyan population which I think many agree that it is what Gadhafi had not only promised but had begun to carry out.

Please stop with the convincing intelligent posts...they stand out like a sore thumb in this thread.

Please stop with the convincing intelligent posts...they stand out like a sore thumb in this thread.

My bad...

:wacko:

Let me try again......

You can't compare the 2, Bush was a lying MoFo