[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Opening day for MLB is a little more than a week away

buddahj

Awesome...I dont have tickets...like you said its extremely hard unless you want to overpay ALOT...but I did take off of work so I could watch since its a day game. Go Phils!

I was going to golf in the morning and head to the bar for the Phils game but Mother Nature has other ideas. :wacko:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

............ and you sure have a decent amount of pirates on your team.

Yeah, I don't usually do that (draft guys on my favorite teams). However, this year, it just seemed that those guys stuck out at a position I was targeting.

Yeah, I don't usually do that (draft guys on my favorite teams). However, this year, it just seemed that those guys stuck out at a position I was targeting.

i'm just :wacko: there were a few during the draft that i was eyeballing.

See, my plan this year was to draft NO Royals. No matter how bad I wanted to.

And I'll probably win it this year. :wacko:

got home in time to see possibly the worst 9th inning pitched I've ever seen in my life. I don't know who was on the mound for Houston but I believe he faced 7 batters and it was like batting practice...fastball after fastball belt high. That was ugly

Yeah, I'm real excited to see Brett Myers pitch a good game and get nothing to show for it. :wacko:

Yeah, I'm real excited to see Brett Myers pitch a good game and get nothing to show for it. :lol:

Look on the bright side, at least you don't have both Lyon & Carmona. :wacko::tup:

See, my plan this year was to draft NO Royals. No matter how bad I wanted to.

And I'll probably win it this year. :wacko:

I have a distinct feeling you'll be finishing ahead of me in the standings.

Nothing like your home team putting up a 14-0 lead, only to then give up 10 runs - Dunn/Konerko/Rios/Quentin could be as good as it gets if they are all dialed in.

I have a distinct feeling you'll be finishing ahead of me in the standings.

Nothing like your home team putting up a 14-0 lead, only to then give up 10 runs - Dunn/Konerko/Rios/Quentin could be as good as it gets if they are all dialed in.

apparently Rios is having trouble finding the phone.

Another nice victory for the Bucs !!! It is nice to have a real manager for once. I am really impressed with Hurdle. In my opinion, he was the star last night. Evan Meek come in and struggles in the 8th, he doesn't sit and wait, he brings the quick hook and gets Meek out of there. Then, with 2 outs in the 8th and the tying run in scoring position, he brings in Hanrahan for a 4-out save. His passion also comes through, and I'm hoping the team is building off of it.

I don't believe it will happen this year (finishing over .500), but, I do believe that the core of McCutchen, Walker, Alvarez & Tabata will finally right this ship for the Pirates. They are all very young, so, the Pirates will have them together for a few years. Starting pitching has been great thus far, but, I'm not optimistic that it will continue, though I'd love to be wrong.