[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone here have a commish disappear?

Caveman_Nick

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In one of my BotH leagues, the commish has fallen off the face of the earth without finishing the league's end of season business. I haven't had this happen in a league I participated in before.

Anyone else ever get stiffed in a BotH league?

By not finishing the end of season business and stiffing the league, are you saying that the commish didn't make pay-outs?

By not finishing the end of season business and stiffing the league, are you saying that the commish didn't make pay-outs?

That's exactly what he is saying ,, no reply to e-mails ,, no good phone # to call

& yes it happened in another league that isn't a BOTH but has many Huddler's in it.

Ouch. That sucks.

I had a bad year a couple of years ago. I didn't want any of my leaguemates tangled in the crap so I e-mailed them what was happening as the league was concluding that year and why I wasn't going to make pay-outs immediately after the season. The guys were above kind and understood, and everyone got paid off later that year. The league is still going strong and there were no hard feelings at all. All it took was up-front communication and then making good once everything was resolved.

I also got stuck badly by a league's commish about 8 years ago +/- and ate some winnings. I made every effort to contact the guy and he was just gone. I did post here to warn others about him.

It's a shame some guys just can't get up enough sack to be honest if it is that he's fallen on hard times. It's even worse if he just decided to steal the funds & book. Either way, I'd venture that posting the commish's name so no one else gets put in a similar situation with him (he could be starting up other leagues right now) would be appropriate.

Sorry to hear about what you all are going through, GBs.

It's a shame some guys just can't get up enough sack to be honest if it is that he's fallen on hard times. It's even worse if he just decided to steal the funds & book. Either way, I'd venture that posting the commish's name so no one else gets put in a similar situation with him (he could be starting up other leagues right now) would be appropriate.

Although I think it's really bad form to not have accounts settled at this point, I'll refrain from that until we start to get into next season.

This guy hasn't been on the huddle since november, so I doubt we will see him again. It's a pretty big chunk to get stiffed on, too.

I think alot of leagues are going to LeagueSafe as a result of this.

That, and the fact that it only takes one idiot making comments about fantasy football, and Paypal can potentially shut down your account. LeagueSafe is a pretty good alternative... It just happens to have some limitations as well (if you live outside of the U.S., for example).

It just happens to have some limitations as well (if you live outside of the U.S., for example).

No one gives a ratsass about fantasy soccer. Hell, you'd have to give 50 pts/goal just to have any kind of game at all. Maybe nancy points when players take dives or keel over like they've been blasted with a howitzer when someone brushes against them...

No one gives a ratsass about fantasy soccer. Hell, you'd have to give 50 pts/goal just to have any kind of game at all. Maybe nancy points when players take dives or keel over like they've been blasted with a howitzer when someone brushes against them...

We have international players in our leagues.

I had a commish stiff multiple leagues this past season. To his credit, he hasn't disappeared, and he has paid some folks. Unfortunately, I won in multiple first year dynasty leagues, so my payment is the largest and completely absent. Instead of being honest that he obviously spent the league funds, he's come up with lie after lie such as he mailed it, but it never came, etc. I know it's a lie because he's given the exact same lies to other league members who are owed money. He's stalling for more time, I guess because he seems like he wants to pay, but he hasn't been honest, which sucks. It's a fine line to walk in dealing with him when you want to get paid. As soon as it happens, I'm outta there.

Tim, Ouch on the Canadian comment.. Where did that come from? LOL

We have Americans ,Ausie's, and Canadians in our league.

We use LeagueSafe, makes things easier when it comes to payouts and money exchange.

Us Canadians are lucky that we can pay Less for a US Dollar. Got to love that exchange now. :wacko:

:wacko: I was referring to fantasy footballers who may live outside of the U.S. I've heard they have difficulties with LeagueSafe, but the above post somewhat disputes that, I guess. Not sure why you thought I was talking about soccer.

:wacko: I was referring to fantasy footballers who may live outside of the U.S. I've heard they have difficulties with LeagueSafe, but the above post somewhat disputes that, I guess. Not sure why you thought I was talking about soccer.

:tup:

sometimes the hughmour is just too small to see.

I have it on unimpeachable authority that foreigners do not like the NFL because it is too rough for their sensitive nature. Please stop pretending.

TIA

Edited by Bronco Billy

I'd be down to play if