[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone here have a commish disappear?

Caveman_Nick

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:wacko:

Yes, I'm in leagues right now where the commissioner controls everything, but those are established leagues. Sure, I could still get burned but I feel there is less chance because of an established pattern of consistent behavior.

For all my new leagues, I prefer to join ones that use League Safe w/out a single point of failure.

Yes, I'm in leagues right now where the commissioner controls everything, but those are established leagues. Sure, I could still get burned but I feel there is less chance because of an established pattern of consistent behavior.

For all my new leagues, I prefer to join ones that use League Safe w/out a single point of failure.

Yes you always take a risk this is true.

You're right. They are too busy playing rugby and Aussie Rules, both namby pamby games.

Rugby or Australian rules? Heck, forget that stuff, outside the US you get contests featuring Hutus vs Tutsis...now THAT is a high-stakes contest.

:wacko:

Too soon?

I appreciate the thought guys, but it's not necessary. I'd love to have the payout, but I'm not hurting because I didn't get it.

I am holding out some hope that it will get paid. I guess we will see. One thing is for certain....I won't be re-upping that league.

I guess that means you can reconsider being a quitter in Primetime then. :wacko:

The level of scumbagginess some people would deploy always amazes me.

CN - sorry you got hosed.

Slayer - same sentiment, sorry man.

I have commished football leagues, baseball leagues, pools, contests. The works. When A person wins a league that I commish their money goes out within 5 days of them becoming the official winner . When you handle peoples money you give them your word. When you break your word, you are toast.

Edited by whomper

The level of scumbagginess some people would deploy always amazes me.

CN - sorry you got hosed.

Slayer - same sentiment, sorry man.

+1 That blows

I'd be lyin' if I did'nt say I get nervous sending FF money to guys I never met. I do try to stick with guys that I've played in leagues with before.

I make a motion that Alchico holds the money for every BOTH league :wacko:

In reading through these comments, seems this isn't very common, but not uncommon by any means either. I know there's a forum for looking for leagues here, and I've thought about adding a second league to the one I'm in every year. But to be frank, this is the biggest issue which gives me pause about doing so. My one league, we've made the LM's Dad treasurer, since he's a ballin' VP at a major company. (Actually, our LM made his Dad treasurer since he said he always scrambled to get the money together at the end of the year, and he got tired of 'splaining this to his wife.) Everybody knows everybody in the league, which also makes things easier.

I guess my question is, how prevalent would you guess this is with leagues BoTH? Do we have a thread/spot which is a list of solid LM's, and/or deadbeat LM's who have walked with league money? Do site admin's track IP's to see if the deadbeats re-list under different names or the like (another can 'o worms best not opened for them, I'm sure)?

TIA

I have gotten stiffed in my main local about 9-10 years ago. We were relatively young and irresponsible. The league has been going strong for 11-12 years now and we haven't had money issues in a while.

I joined an auction league this year and came in 2nd place. Still waiting for my payment. At first the commish blamed guys for not paying and the latest I heard from him he was going to mail my payment out. That was 2 weeks ago. I'm not expecting to get the money.

I make a motion that Alchico holds the money for every BOTH league :tup:

:wacko: I send league funds to Al without a second of hesitation. A very good man and completely trustworthy

do these guys plan this from the start?

Even during hard times those tacos aren't yours, seriously if you gave any thought ta usin league funds ya need to transfer it immediatly to somebody in the league.

:wacko: i will pray CN AND Slayer don't find you wolfgem

I guess my question is, how prevalent would you guess this is with leagues BoTH? Do we have a thread/spot which is a list of solid LM's, and/or deadbeat LM's who have walked with league money? Do site admin's track IP's to see if the deadbeats re-list under different names or the like (another can 'o worms best not opened for them, I'm sure)?

TIA

I guess the only decent answer I could give you is to only join a league with guys that have been around here awhile and ask lots of questions about the league/commish before you join.

I don't run any BOTH leagues but I would'nt be offended if you asked everyone in the league about my history with payouts if I did.

That sucks.

I'm still holding one payout in my local but it's more of a joke. My friend never paid up until a week before the championships so I told him if he won I was going to hold his money the same length of time it took him to pay me.

He gets a check in 3 weeks. :wacko:

I've been lucky enough to have joined BoTH leagues with relatively sustained ownership. I almost ventured out of the BoTH league route earlier but when the commish decided that he was not going to use LeagueSafe, that was concern enough for me to pull out. If this we re BoTH I would have had no problem using paypal. So yeah...I think BoTH leagues are more trustworthy than any other when the ownership is familiar and the league is an established league with sustained ownership.

I've been lucky enough to have joined BoTH leagues with relatively sustained ownership. I almost ventured out of the BoTH league route earlier but when the commish decided that he was not going to use LeagueSafe, that was concern enough for me to pull out. If this we re BoTH I would have had no problem using paypal. So yeah...I think BoTH leagues are more trustworthy than any other when the ownership is familiar and the league is an established league with sustained ownership.

This is an established league with long term ownership.

You just never know...

Hard for me to fathom the "lowness" of some people that would even consider keeping someone else's coin when it's not theirs? Regardless of the financial curves that life throws us sometimes I would never reach into someone else's pockets to pay off my own financial woes? Pathetic that this happens, ever. I commission a couple leagues every year and have been doing so for the last 17-18 years. I have a seperate bank accounts set up for both leagues and that money is sacred. It's not mine. Payouts are made every year within one week of the championship. Sorry for the one's that have got stiffed in here. Shameful.

Edited by theprofessor