[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone here have a commish disappear?

Caveman_Nick

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shows the Commish just logged into the site two hours ago :wacko:

That's funny. Earlier today he had not logged in for like 87 days. And for my part, I have sent numerous emails and called the numbers posted on the site before going public, and even then I wasn't going to reveal who the culprit was until 2011 leagues started collecting dues.

I don't see why you cannot reveal the name of the commish. He's had PLENTY of time to return emails, calls etc... I certainly wouldn't be doing him any favors. Reveal his punk a$$ so all of us regulars know who the d-bags are. There's NO reason to wait this long even if he has a reason - unelss it's that he was kidnapped or held hostage, in which case his name would be cleared. I gotta know what d-bag pulls such a move.

Edited by Brentastic

I don't see why you cannot reveal the name of the commish. He's had PLENTY of time to return emails, calls etc... I certainly wouldn't be doing him any favors. Reveal his punk a$$ so all of us regulars know who the d-bags are. There's NO reason to wait this long even if he has a reason - unelss it's that he was kidnapped or held hostage, in which case his name would be cleared. I gotta know what d-bag pulls such a move.

Not that hard to figure it out (just check out the league forum). Ironically, it's an owner I had been trying to reach for weeks (for another league), and finally had to replace a couple of weeks ago.

I have it on unimpeachable authority that foreigners do not like the NFL because it is too rough for their sensitive nature. Please stop pretending.

TIA

You're right. They are too busy playing rugby and Aussie Rules, both namby pamby games.

It's a dastardly deed. Feel bad for you CN. You run your leagues like a well oiled machine and now you win one and get screwed. It blows

I'm currently debating whether to join a new dynasty league. They decided to use LeagueSafe, but they want to do two things that I completely disagree with. I wanted to see what The Huddler community thought about this.

1. They want to give the commissioner complete control to distribute the winnings. Team owners waive their rights to dispute the commissioner's assignment of league winnings. The commissioner's argument is that he heard of a league where some of the owner's didn't like the commissioner's decision on a ruling, so to protest they didn't allow anyone to be paid at the end of the season by refusing to vote to approve the payment. This story sounds like an exception, but I can understand not wanting to give that much control to complete strangers. This league has 14 owners, so it would require 51% (8 owners) to vote for the payment. He's afraid they may not all vote and hold the league hostage. My concern is that giving the commissioner complete control is a single point of failure, and there's nothing to prevent him from sending all of the money to himself. Unfortunately, LeagueSafe does not have any other options. I wish they could have it where at least three to four people had to decide. Eight is a lot. We all know how at the end of the season, owners who didn't win can't be bothered to login anymore.
  2. They want owners to be able to pay with credit card, which means everyone has to pay 3% more of the entry fee regardless of whether they are using a credit card or not. Minor fee that I don't feel justified in having to pay.

This league has some very respectable Huddlers in it, but most people I don't know including the commissioner. Based on point one above, I have serious reservations. Plus, it doesn't help that I just got stiffed in three dynasty leagues, all run by the same commissioner, who seemed like a good guy. What would you do?

Edited by electricrelish

What if we all PayPal a couple bucks to Slayer?

That would be nice and throw a few CM's way, he won I just came in second.

I appreciate the thought guys, but it's not necessary. I'd love to have the payout, but I'm not hurting because I didn't get it.

I am holding out some hope that it will get paid. I guess we will see. One thing is for certain....I won't be re-upping that league.

I'm currently debating whether to join a new dynasty league. They decided to use LeagueSafe, but they want to do two things that I completely disagree with. I wanted to see what The Huddler community thought about this.

1. They want to give the commissioner complete control to distribute the winnings. Team owners waive their rights to dispute the commissioner's assignment of league winnings. The commissioner's argument is that he heard of a league where some of the owner's didn't like the commissioner's decision on a ruling, so to protest they didn't allow anyone to be paid at the end of the season by refusing to vote to approve the payment. This story sounds like an exception, but I can understand not wanting to give that much control to complete strangers. This league has 14 owners, so it would require 51% (8 owners) to vote for the payment. He's afraid they may not all vote and hold the league hostage. My concern is that giving the commissioner complete control is a single point of failure, and there's nothing to prevent him from sending all of the money to himself. Unfortunately, LeagueSafe does not have any other options. I wish they could have it where at least three to four people had to decide. Eight is a lot. We all know how at the end of the season, owners who didn't win can't be bothered to login anymore.

2. They want owners to be able to pay with credit card, which means everyone has to pay 3% more of the entry fee regardless of whether they are using a credit card or not. Minor fee that I don't feel justified in having to pay.

This league has some very respectable Huddlers in it, but most people I don't know including the commissioner. Based on point one above, I have serious reservations. Plus, it doesn't help that I just got stiffed in three dynasty leagues, all run by the same commissioner, who seemed like a good guy. What would you do?

#1 is total BS. just may has well have a treasurer. And league safe bugs the chit out of you after the season to vote.

#1 is total BS. just may has well have a treasurer. And league safe bugs the chit out of you after the season to vote.

I agree. Another thing that folks don't consider is what if the commissioner goes into a coma or passes away. Who wants to bug the family to login to LeagueSafe, when they may not even know the password. Sure getting paid seems trivial at such an event, but the league would be out $1400. There should never be a single point of failure.

Edited by electricrelish

I would be very hesitant to join based on #1. There's no reason to grant absolute control to one person, especially if you don't know him.

I came in 3rd place and he owes me as well...not as much as Nick and Slayer though. I think he probably fell on hard times as many of us have and just didn't know what else to do. The league has been around for about 4-5 years and he's always paid before.

So commish, if you see this thread then just let us know you are okay and no problems if you can't pay up for the time being.

I came in 3rd place and he owes me as well...not as much as Nick and Slayer though. I think he probably fell on hard times as many of us have and just didn't know what else to do. The league has been around for about 4-5 years and he's always paid before.

So commish, if you see this thread then just let us know you are okay and no problems if you can't pay up for the time being.

I was hesitant to expose this situation because of the possibility of hard times. I'm empathetic by nature.

The thing is that in the past he's straggled a bit with paying as well, and I just never worried about it too much because most or all of that was going to be applied to next year's dues. I didn't really like how things were handled (or at least my perception of how they were handled), but it wasn't so egregious that I was going to make an issue out of it.

This is different for me. He was not around for a few weeks. Then he made some promises. Then he disappeared. Phone number gives fast busy. No answer to emails. All of which point to hard times, but that's not an excuse to disappear with no word when you owe people money.

You know, I'm a reasonable guy. If he said "I'm having a rough time, can you cut me a few months slack", I absolutely would have said yes and kept to myself about it.

At the end of the day, I guess I am only really out my entry fee, and that's not going to kill me. It's just completely uncool. What we do here is based on an odd sense of trust among members of a community that don't really know each other, but have come to a common ground and common understanding. Situations like this rock the foundation of that trust. LeagueSafe wouldn't need to exist if people were honorable with their commitments.

Edited by Caveman_Nick

If the likes of Slayer and Nick won money in this league, it is obvious that the intelligence level of the league and its members is questionable at best.

I think we should go all "darin" on him. :tup:

:lol:

A league I've been in over 10 years and has had the same commissioner all these years has always been slow getting payouts taken care of. Last year we didn't get paid until the August draft!! I had won the league two years in a row and came in second this year. I still haven't received any winnings for this past season and suspect he will again make good at the draft. At least I'm hoping. But I think I'm done with this league. Here's to hoping you all get your winnings.

If you want to be in a league with a GREAT commissioner get in a league with Az. :wacko:

:wacko: