[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sure Hope Whispers are wrong

tazinib1

Not looking good

Take it for what its worth, but if Schlefter is tweeting that the 2011 season is in peril, well.....

De Smith will go down as the evil one who made the Pied Piper look like a 3rd string orchestra punk.

As much as I like Schlefter, being a Denver homey, he also jumps the shark on occasion as well. The players have the owners over a barrel in a sense with the owners losing their cash cow in TV revenues during any lockout. I think things get settled before the draft.

As much as I like Schlefter, being a Denver homey, he also jumps the shark on occasion as well. The players have the owners over a barrel in a sense with the owners losing their cash cow in TV revenues during any lockout. I think things get settled before the draft.

No way it's the players that have the owners over the barrel financially.

Edited by flemingd

No way it's the players that have the owners over the barrel financially.

Did you just say no and then repeat the same thing?

Agree with BearsBroncos. Ever since all this crap started, Schefter and ESPN have been relying on tabloid reporting and doomsday headlines, and they have been wrong on occasion. I'm taking everything from the four-letter network as a grain of salt for now.

The April 6 court hearing is key as we all know. They'll get something done. For now, I refuse to believe that both sides are stupid enough to flush $400 million a week in regular season revenues down the pooper.

Edited by Wolverines Fan

Did you just say no and then repeat the same thing?

Nope, just poorly worded. What I mean was "no way that it's the players that have the owners over a barrel financially" - as in it's going to end up being the other way around. Brunnel broke. Batch bankrupt with more to come. Brandon Graham has had "multiple" loan requests from fellow players in the neighborhood of 100k - and this was in Dec/Jan. Once roster and workout bonuses start getting missed this thing will get heated up quickly.

Agree with BearsBroncos. Ever since all this crap started, Schefter and ESPN have been relying on tabloid reporting and doomsday headlines, and they have been wrong on occasion. I'm taking everything from the four-letter network as a grain of salt for now.

The April 6 court hearing is key as we all know. They'll get something done. For now, I refuse to believe that both sides are stupid enough to flush $400 million a week in regular season revenues down the pooper.

This. Until the court hearing no one should put anything into it. Oh yeah, Schefter is a punk that is hanging on anything to make him sound important and in the know. Always has been.

I would take anything extreme with a big grain of salt and realize that now there is are 100's of reporters and analysts with nothing to report on about the NFL other than hype, speculation and blowing things out of proportion. The last time the CBA was negotiated there was gnashing of teeth and such and suddenly it was done in a surprise. It was like they were actually working on it without relating everything to the media who decided to spin their own story.

Exactly. One side or the other is going to be handed the trump card based on the results of that hearing and the other side will give in once they're beat.

We are two weeks from the first court date. Then it could be another couple weeks for the judge to rule (according to her). Then come the appeals. We are 4 months from the normal start of the training camps. Any statements about the season viability at this point are completely meaningless and IMO irresponsible.

Both sides have said a lot over the past 2 weeks, but about the only consistent message from both has been that they will play the 2011 season. It's just up to the courts and lawyers now to determine how that looks.

We are two weeks from the first court date. Then it could be another couple weeks for the judge to rule (according to her). Then come the appeals. We are 4 months from the normal start of the training camps. Any statements about the season viability at this point are completely meaningless and IMO irresponsible.

Both sides have said a lot over the past 2 weeks, but about the only consistent message from both has been that they will play the 2011 season. It's just up to the courts and lawyers now to determine how that looks.

That's really the only logical conclusion. Owners are making money, players are making money. Worst case scenario for the owners is that they have to continue with the current deal, and I'm guessing that won't crush them. Worst case scenario for the players is that they get a smaller cut over all but will all still get paid plenty. Again, it's something they can certainly live with.

Both sides just want as much as they can and are going to fight for it until a judge deals a ruling that cripples their argument. If either side was truly facing hardship, then, perhaps, they'd just keep fighting despite being beat, but my guess is that is not the case.