[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Waiting in line at Costco

detlef

Costco doesn't pay minimum wage. Their wages are way better than Sam's.

Yes....Costco's pays there employees quite well and one of the reasons we are regular shoppers. The anti-Wal Mart business model.

I buy a pack of those polish dogs at Costco for bbq every-time we go to Maui. Gooood stuff.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Costco! :wacko:

I would have told her they keep the chili next to the ketchup and onions and see if that worked.

BTW. You can always ask for a FREE mini-tub of sauerkraut.

I know where I'm having lunch!

The meat is surprisingly decent for a bulk store

Yep. We get all our meat joints, chops, ground beef, whole chicken, etc there. Ours has a butcher on premises (not sure if they all do). Great quality meat. For grilling, though, we use Von Hanson's, a state-wide chain. Great prices, superb for grilling.

Edited by Ursa Majoris

Yes....Costco's pays there employees quite well and one of the reasons we are regular shoppers. The anti-Wal Mart business model.

What's funny is that my company has sold to both. They both mark up goods at the same rate, yet Costco is generally thought of as superior for quality. 90% of it is the same stuff in my experience, but Costco is clearly superior on the meats, prepared foods, etc. IMO. I wish I had one nearby for that alone. I'd switch over from Sams in a heartbeat.

When i go in the evenings there are a LOT of Indian people buying 50 pound sacks of rice. Everytime there is an Indian family that has a hole in their sack of rice leaving a trail like Hansel and Gretel across the store . . . realizing ot when they are checking out . . and then trying to "negotiate" a cheaper price for the lost rice or stopping the whole line to slowly walk back and get a new bag. Annoying as hell to wait . .

fn Indiggers.

fn Indiggers.

:wacko:

Please tell me that's good enough for a banning. Your Archie Bunker schtick has officially gone out of control.

I bit my tongue on the Southern-bashing threads, but thank you for proving that bigots come in all forms from all places...

Edited by delusions of granduer

Yep. We get all our meat joints, chops, ground beef, whole chicken, etc there. Ours has a butcher on premises (not sure if they all do). Great quality meat. For grilling, though, we use Von Hanson's, a state-wide chain. Great prices, superb for grilling.

I get Aton of ground turkey there. And always buy racks of ribs there.

For specialty stuff I have a local butcher, but for mass quantities with solid quality Costco can't be beat.

• 1 month later...

They just opened up a brand new Costco near work. I've never joined one of these big box things. Can you just walk in and look around without a membership or do they check at the door? I wanna see what I'm getting into. If they check you when you check-out, then I should be good to go to look around and see.

I needed a new leaf blower and went to their website. Didn't look like they had much in power equipment really.

They just opened up a brand new Costco near work. I've never joined one of these big box things. Can you just walk in and look around without a membership or do they check at the door? I wanna see what I'm getting into. If they check you when you check-out, then I should be good to go to look around and see.

I needed a new leaf blower and went to their website. Didn't look like they had much in power equipment really.

No.....you can't just go in and look around. But you CAN go in with a member. Just beware that if you do actually buy anything on that trip, it all has to be on one receipt with the member card holder. But it's a good way to see what is there before ponying up for a membership. :wacko:

No.....you can't just go in and look around.

You sure? I thought you could as long as you asked first. Since they see your card at the checkout, there's no risk of non-members buying anything. It seems pretty unreasonable to insist on people paying $50 before they get to see what they are paying for.

Disclosure - I am a Costco member, have been for years and love it. I remember seeing the store before enrolling.

Tell the person that checks for membership cards that you are going to the pharmacy and then go in and look around. Not sure how it works where you live but I know that Costco’s pharmacies are open to non-members where required by state law. Call first.

You sure? I thought you could as long as you asked first. Since they see your card at the checkout, there's no risk of non-members buying anything. It seems pretty unreasonable to insist on people paying $50 before they get to see what they are paying for.

Disclosure - I am a Costco member, have been for years and love it. I remember seeing the store before enrolling.

hmmm...maybe I'm thinking of Sam's Club then. :wacko:

I went to one of them with my sister.....and they made a big deal about seeing her card at the door....lol.

No.....you can't just go in and look around. But you CAN go in with a member. Just beware that if you do actually buy anything on that trip, it all has to be on one receipt with the member card holder. But it's a good way to see what is there before ponying up for a membership. :wacko:

I believe that is the case with Sam's Club that they ask to see the card before entering.

I thought that Costco (haven't been a member in a few years) would give a non-member a free one day pass. You can do more than look around; you can shop too. That's what helps them grow membership.

Love and hate costco. Love it because the you get a lot for the price, hate it because I hate crowds. Going to that place on the weekends is mass histeria. I am a single guy so Costco for me really is not the best, I must say those hot dogs and pizza are the bomb.

I actually think Costco brings even from the food stand. I think they do it to attract more buyers.

I do the majority of my shopping on Amazon.

Love and hate costco. Love it because the you get a lot for the price, hate it because I hate crowds. Going to that place on the weekends is mass histeria. I am a single guy so Costco for me really is not the best, I must say those hot dogs and pizza are the bomb.

I actually think Costco brings even from the food stand. I think they do it to attract more buyers.

I do the majority of my shopping on Amazon.

This. Unless I'm buying dry goods or things that can be frozen, most of it is simply too much bulk for a single guy...

However, my parents are as thrifty as it gets, which is no doubt why they buy nearly all of their food there (and this of course means I get loaded up with dishes when I come to visit :wacko:). Most of the stuff there, even the quick meals are usually very good quality; Maybe not on par with pricey places like Whole Foods or Trader Joes, but certainly better than most of the stuff you get at the local grocery store.

But the biggest thing I'll usually borrow the Costco card for is when I need new tires. They're usually far cheaper than going to a tire place, no matter whether you go with the cheapo ones or name brand.

I also made a big mistake over Memorial day with my buy in bulk Costco membership. I had a neighborhood cookout, and made italian beef among other things . . . I bought a big jar of hot gardinare for garnish (pickled hot peppers that go on shaved italian beef) I have 99.5% of that fking gallon jar left. :wacko: