[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

name one song you rarely hear

frenzal rhomb

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This song also gets me going...... to the next station. Ugh - this song is in my top 5 most hated songs along with the likes of Mr Roboto and Black Betty. :wacko:

So what are the other two?

still my favorite of theirs

There's a Cliff Burton bio out, and it raises the question "what would Metallica have done had Burton lived?" and comes to an interesting conclusion that a Load-type album might have happened anyway, since Cliff was on record as being a huge fan of bands like Skynyrd and ZZ Top.

Still, I think the overall career arc would have been more satisfying, as Cliff would have been able to keep Hetfield and Ulrich's more careerist bent in check, and there would have been a 3rd significant voice in the band, as opposed to those two essentially just telling Hammett and Newsted what to do.

Also, I think Death Magnetic would be considered a rock-solid album if just about anyone not named "Metallica" had done it.

JellyRoll - Blue Murder
Funny. Eddie Trunk just put out a book on best metal bands and he put Blue Murder in there. Since I like both songs I've heard off their first album ("Valley of the Kings" and "Jelly Roll") I figured I'd try to see if I can track them down for cheap.

Thanks for the refresher, nice choice! I had forgotten that song altogether. I also didn't realize that the founder of the band, Skyes, was also from Whitesnake and was the reason for many of their popular guitar riffs... which made me think of another I'd add to the list...

Still of the Night - Whitesnake

Edited by millerx

Fat Bottom Girl - Queen

Ride the Lightning - Metallica

Ace of Spades - Motorhead

Prison Sex - Tool

Walk - Pantera

Anything of License to Ill - Beastie Boys

We Gotta Get Out of This Place - The Animals

Edited by buddahj

Thanks for the refresher, nice choice! I had forgotten that song altogether. I also didn't realize that the founder of the band, Skyes, was also from Whitesnake and was the reason many of their popular guitar riffs... which made me think of another I'd add to the list...

Sykes also got his start in Thin Lizzy.

Tower of Power - Your Still a Young Man and So very Hard to Go

Sly and the Family Stone - If you want me to StayVan Morrison - Into the Mystic

Greg Allman - Melissa

Weezer - Beverly Hills

Billy Vera and the Beaters - At this Moment

Hall and Oates - Do what you want, Be what you are

Jet - Are you gonna be my Girl

I'm a big fan of Sly/Stone and that song is my favorite by them.

My mom dated the lead guitarist in high school. Gary Ritchrath (sp?). I'm not a fan of theirs, however.

Neat story. I'm not esp a big fan either - they pretty much died after the High Infidelity album. However I did see them right about then and they were excellent in concert - really into pleasing the audience etc. Side note: the warm-up, however, was a billion times better. Some guy named Stevie Ray Vaughn.

Anyway back to the topic, one for the 70s fusion fans if there are any out there: New Country by Jean Luc Ponty.

I recall the definitive statement on Speedwagon was made by my buddy Kyle. We were sitting around ripping on them - "Oreo Spedwagon" "Areola Redwagon" etc - when he came out with the blunt but descriptive "REO F*ckwagon" which has been our name for them ever since.