[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

cable bills

Jackass

damn this drives me crazy. where i live i have one option comcast. i live in a condo building so can't get direct tv. i watch basic channels and espn and occasionally some other shows that i could probably do without. my cable bill is 115 bucks per month. there's no way to lower it w/o losing espn which is not really an option. :wacko:

195 or so, cable/internet/Phone, but I get literally every channel, I hate flipping through the guide and seeing something I watch and not being able to have it on.

It really should be 235 or so, but I call and threaten to cancel every 3 months or so and they give me a discount for 3 months.

Getting rid of Directtv on tuesday and verizon for home as well. Right now we pay $225 a month for TV/Phone/Cable modem. For the first 6 months we will get all 3 for $135 and for the next 18 months after we get it for $165. I will also be able to connect my other 3 tv's that are now running off another sat. box and will be able to control the channels from the TV as there is no box need for basic channels with cable. Whole DVR coming in May as well :wacko:

Wow, we get off easy. No home phone since we both have cells. Cable and internet combined are about $60. It would be closer to $80 but we called once to back our cable down to the total bare bones and changed our mind at the last minute. They canceled the work order to change our cable service but not our billing. So we've been paying for the absolute minimum and getting the normal deal (ESPN, Comedy, AMC, etc but nothing super premium). That was like 5 years ago. :wacko:

Mind you, we pretty much just watch things streamed through Netflix anyway.

I get raped every month since I live out in the sticks. No home phone.

DirecTV is $141.72 (no HBO, Cinemax, Showtimes, etc)

DSL is pretty slow and costs $55.16

I could go cheaper if I switched to Dish Network since that's what my DSL company offers as a bundle, but I've heard bad things about Dish.

When I defend clients on IRS audit, I ask clients to provide their receipts including their cable bills (mostly for internet costs). Most of them do not keep their monthly statements and have to ask their providers for copies i.e. cell phone carriers, amex stmnts, etc. Cablevision is the only one who will not provide them, stating that only under a court order will they reproduce them.

$199 per month for cable, phone, and innernets. That does not include any premium channels. Another $11 per month for Netflix. Add $145 per month for cell phones. It can really add up to be connected nowadays.

no joke. think about what our parents were paying. of course, there was no internet. cable and phone was probably like 15 bucks per month each.

Could be about 125, but the mrs insists on a land line, so we are at 175. Nothing like pissing away $600 a year b/c the M-I-L doesn't want to call the mrs. cell phone afraid she will use up all the bajillion minutes we have. :wacko:

can you tell the MIL that you now have unlimited cell minutes?

This is one of those things based completely outside the realm of reality and firmly in an estrogen-laced twilight zone. As such, no F'n way.

We pay $94.08/month for Directv, which includes four HD receivers and whole home DVR with all the fun channels, but not the premium stuff like HBO, etc.

The innernets cost $49.99/month and it just went up from $46.99.

Our cell phones cost $139.76/month for unlimited everything, so unlike Irish Doggy, I would tell the better half to go screw if she wanted a land line. :wacko:

Wow, $283.83 to be connected, that is a chunk of change. :tup: