[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who says that Miley Cyrus...

untateve

Well, we can only hope that it ends well for her...

Too soon?

Should that question mark have been left off and that "too soon" been added to the end of the first sentence?

:wacko:

that's...............................................................

...............................pretty cool.

yep 9,200 feet above sea level to be exact

Quito is a cool city. The indigenous mountain people (little guys and gals the whole lot of them as they really never received a lot of Spanish influence, if ya know what I mean) will come down and sell stuff on the side of the streets in Quito. I bought 4 wool sweaters from this one lady, nice heavy sweaters made by hand and with natural dyes, 14,000 sucres each ($8 American). I talked her down from 20,000 sucres each. Best sweaters I ever bought and as an added bonus, occasionally you'll find a piece of straw or grass in one of the loops that had gotten lodged in there during the spinning or knitting process.

My favorite experience there was when I was in the shower. The crappy hotel I was staying in had these electric shower heads that "heated" the water as it comes through the shower head. You could adjust the temperature by adjusting a knob on the shower head. Well, the water was a bit cool so I went to turn up the shower head and about 10 seconds later was picking my ass off of the shower floor, one of the wires on the head was frayed. Told the hotel manager about it, he laughed and said he would have it fixed. Evidently they have no concept of "LAWYER" in Quito.

From Quito we traveled up to about 12/13K feet in the Andes to do some bird watching. At this one lodege, in which we stayed for a few days, I was taking a shower, you could see through the shower out the window and for miles at that elevation. The trees started swaying and I was thinking to myself, "Damn, it just got windy!" After about two second I realized it was I who was actually moving... A 7 something earthquake had hit a couple hundred miles away and was shaking this bamboo structure 3 story hotel in which I was staying that was nicely perched on the side of a cliff with about a 700 Ft. drop into a gorge. I threw on some clothes, scampered down stairs, went outside and could see everyone standing about 70 feet away across a little bridge you had to traverse to cross a rift that separated the hotel from the solid ground on the other side.

From Quito we traveled up to about 12/13K feet in the Andes to do some bird watching. At this one lodege, in which we stayed for a few days, I was taking a shower, you could see through the shower out the window and for miles at that elevation. The trees started swaying and I was thinking to myself, "Damn, it just got windy!" After about two second I realized it was I who was actually moving... A 7 something earthquake had hit a couple hundred miles away and was shaking this bamboo structure 3 story hotel in which I was staying that was nicely perched on the side of a cliff with about a 700 Ft. drop into a gorge. I threw on some clothes, scampered down stairs, went outside and could see everyone standing about 70 feet away across a little bridge you had to traverse to cross a rift that separated the hotel from the solid ground on the other side.

Now THAT'S some serious rockin' in Ecuador. :wacko: