[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need a run to the mill 32 or 37 inch high def tv

bushwacked

Get an LCD to help with reflection...assuming the door will be open. Vizio makes a good product. I'd just find a good deal and worry more about the size. Always get bigger than you think you want.

Good info here.

:wacko: For your GARAGE? I will be the last person on the planet that will have an HDTV. :tup:

Yes.. I no longer play videos games in what morphed into my child's place. I barely can keep my home office....but I just put a lot of work into my garage....the garage...the garage will be my holy place for years to come.

Not being the phrase or grammar police certainly, but isn't it "run-of-the-mill" right? Maybe just a typo. Perhaps it's a regional thing which I would be interested in. I always like to look up origins of phrases and such.

Is the garage cold? (Or even very hot) Perhaps one technology (LCD/Plasma/LED)is more susceptible to changing temps. Most electronics hate fluctuations and it shortens the life.

I would consider a Vizio especially if it let me afford a couple sizes bigger. Picture quality perhaps being slightly less, no biggie, but an extra 10 inches is a hugh difference.

Edited by satelliteoflovegm

Yes.. I no longer play videos games in what morphed into my child's place. I barely can keep my home office....but I just put a lot of work into my garage....the garage...the garage will be my holy place for years to come.

Quick guess.

Only place your allowed to smoke without going outside?

:wacko: For your GARAGE? I will be the last person on the planet that will have an HDTV. :tup:

Wait a minute, let me check.......

Nope, there's 3 more people besides you. Couple of 90 year old grandmothers and a homeless guy

I've always been fond of Sharp Aquos.

At those sizes, run of the mill is about all you get anymore. Many manufacturers don't bother putting their high-end features in anything less than a 42 or even 50 inch. Anyway, you should have a number of choices in the 500 ish range from the top brands. I'd scrub the Samsungs since their viewing angles aren't as good as others. I think viewing angle will be important for a non-ideal setup like a garage. I don't like Vizios except for the XVT series which is probably more than you want to spend. Probably be a Panasonic or LG if it was me. Panasonic isn't as well known for it's LCDs as plasma, but they make decent smaller screen LCDs too. I got one for the parents a while back.

Edited by The Irish Doggy

I have 4 HD LCD TV's, 2x32", 40", and 46". 2 are LG's, 1 is a Sony and 1 Westinghouse. All have great pictures are 1080p and 120hz with internet connectivity. I watched and waited for deals through tigerdirect or buy.com I do have to say that I like the pictures on the LG's better than the Sony. I would go as large as you dare, the 32" looks puny even though it is really nice. I have a Tube TV in the garage and it is such a let down when I first turn it on....but a few beers fixes that

Edited by paulzale

How far are you planning to sit away from this thing? I wouldn't go under 37". If you just want to grab something, I have another vote for Vizio LCD for good bang for the buck. If you want to do some research hit up AVS forum and see what the nerds are saying.

I would get a Vizio at Costco (noone told you where to get it right? :tup: )

Oh man, I'm learning the whole space thing and where is your space with a growing family. I simply went out and got a bigger house and pretty much dare anyone to go in to the office. :lol: LOL! And we do have a massive garage, I hadn't really thought much about making that a pseudo man-cave...:wacko:

I would get a Vizio at Costco (noone told you where to get it right? :tup: )

Oh man, I'm learning the whole space thing and where is your space with a growing family. I simply went out and got a bigger house and pretty much dare anyone to go in to the office. :lol: LOL! And we do have a massive garage, I hadn't really thought much about making that a pseudo man-cave...:wacko:

+1 on the Costco call. Really, I think that's more important than what you even buy. They extend the warranty on the TV and have great prices.

+1 on the Costco call. Really, I think that's more important than what you even buy. They extend the warranty on the TV and have great prices.

As a matter of fact, we bought a 37" Vizio at Costco for $500 and then about a month and a half later, they had the 42" version for $550. I returned the 37" and got the 42" for a better bang for the buck/sq inch! Well, that and the 42" ended up being a better fit for the room...