[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

When I was 16...

alexgaddis

*sigh* I can remember when I was 16. Science hadn't been invented yet....let alone supercomputers. Had they been I bet I could have not come up with what he did. Kid is amazing.

Edited by skylive5

We sponsor a high school science competition each year, and the winners present their projects upon completion. While the kid featured in this thread is probably in a class by himself I am also amazed by the degree of sophistication of the high schoolers I've seen in our competition. One notable teenager had put together a genetic model for attacking the bug that causes malaria. Absolutely incredible!! :wacko:

Really? Huh. I just thought he was Canadian.

Did you see his picture and last name, Zhang.

Kid's daddy is an Asian Bio-Physicist and his mom is an Anglo mathematician. He's like a super computer himself, give him a piece of wood with some dowels with beads on them and he can solve physics equations that would blow yer mind. When he was three, he disassembled his parent's Mercedes, wrote a new program to regulate the oxygen and gas flow into the engine and increased the horsepower and fuel efficiency by 31% and 27%, respectively. At six, he developed the concept of multi-processors for running desktop computers, increasing their speed by 14,000%.

The kid is a freaking god.

So, the first place project has the potential to treat a horrible disease that ravages millions, easing their suffering while laying the ground work for a cure.

Second place goes to the kids that found a new way to make a French dessert! :wacko:

:tup:

I love seeing a story like this. The world needs more people like this kid. Imagine if his research proves accurate enough that it can halt or make a severe dent in this disease ? The people who suffer from this or have loved ones that suffer from it would be thrilled. Good on you kid. When i was 16 I just perfected the opening riffs to Smoke on the water and Iron Man

I love seeing a story like this. The world needs more people like this kid. Imagine if his research proves accurate enough that it can halt or make a severe dent in this disease ? The people who suffer from this or have loved ones that suffer from it would be thrilled. Good on you kid. When i was 16 I just perfected the opening riffs to Smoke on the water and Iron Man

well he would be ok except he is a Canadian flag burner!! :wacko:

Second place goes to the kids that found a new way to make a French dessert! :wacko:

He would have won had he figured out a way to make a Chinese dessert. Seriously, 1.3 billion people and the best they can do is are sugar cookies and vanilla soft-serve ice-cream. w,t,f is that all about?

He would have won had he figured out a way to make a Chinese dessert. Seriously, 1.3 billion people and the best they can do is are sugar cookies and vanilla soft-serve ice-cream. w,t,f is that all about?

:wacko: You're not a fan of mung bean jello? What's your problem?

When I was 16 I spent the entire year fruitlessly trying to prove the 15th postulate. All it got me was off the hook for having to turn in geometry homework all year.

Did you see his picture and last name, Zhang.

Kid's daddy is an Asian Bio-Physicist and his mom is an Anglo mathematician. He's like a super computer himself, give him a piece of wood with some dowels with beads on them and he can solve physics equations that would blow yer mind. When he was three, he disassembled his parent's Mercedes, wrote a new program to regulate the oxygen and gas flow into the engine and increased the horsepower and fuel efficiency by 31% and 27%, respectively. At six, he developed the concept of multi-processors for running desktop computers, increasing their speed by 14,000%.

The kid is a freaking god.

And he doesn't always drink beer, but when he does he prefers Dos Equis.