[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cliche' party songs

whomper

I need a list of the classic cliche generic type of funk/R&B/70's dance tunes . i am not looking for any deep tunes that your average person wouldnt know. If you were making one of those informercial CD's of cliche dance stuff . Thats what I am looking for

Examples

Disco Inferno

Love Machine

Sex Machine

Jungle Boogie

Get down tonight

That type of stuff. Thanks in advance

Earth, Wind & Fire - Boogie Wonderland

Cheryl Lynn - Got To Be Real

Rufus - Tell Me Something Good &/or You Got The Love (you think you don't know them but you do)

Stevie Wonder - Superstition, Higher Ground, Sir Duke

Alicia Bridge -- I love the night life

Village People -- YMCA

Chic -- Le Freak

KC and the Sunshine Band -- That's the Way I Like it

Cool & the Gang -- Celebration

Sister Sledge -- We are Family

Vicki Sue Robinson -- Turn the Beat Around

Commodores -- Lady (You bring me up)

Rick James -- Give it to me baby and Superfreak

Grandmaster Flash -- White Lines

Donna Summer -- Last Dance

I played in a cover band in the late 90s, specializing in funk/soul/jazz. We played some cool stuff like Jamiroquai, Herbie Hancock, Grover Washington jr., Stevie Wonder, Sly Stone etc... But we also played some of the 70s funk 'standards' - some which weren't all that bad like Sex Machine, Super Bad, Superstitious, If You Want Me To Stay and the like. But some I absolutely loathed like Brickhouse :wacko:, Mustang Sally :tup:

At our member guest we keep hiring this band 'Windstorm' - Brickhouse, Word Up, Mustang Sally, etc. all night long ... . What sux is that the band knows they have to cater to a bunch of 55+ (no offense), which means break out the Mustang Sally :wacko:

However, at a XMas fundraiser we throw every year, we had a young hip white boy group come in...they covered anything from new releases to stuff like the Cure. I swear we all danced for hours straight sweating our arses off. All the songs were compiled together so it was like they suprised you a little bit. They had the crowd participating, too.