[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

4th of July weekend Plans

whomper

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the year I have the sangria stand off. I make between 3-4 gallons of Sangria for this party we have for my kids birthday on the 4th every year. I spend about 20 dollars on fruit. Apples , peaches, strawberries, rasberries, blackberries, organges. It never fails. A woman that comes treats the sangria like its a fruit salad. She gets the big spoon and makes giant plates of fruit for her and her husband and this other couple they come with. I never say anything because I like her and its a party but the fruit is there to go into the individual cups people pour for themselves. I dont even mind people scooping a little extra but dont wipe out all of the fruit 30 minutes into the party and leave us with a 3 gallon container of just sangria with no fruit.

ah. who am I kidding. Ill just let her do it to avoid the awkward party confrontation :wacko:

Edited by whomper

This is the year I have the sangria stand off. I make between 3-4 gallons of Sangria for this party we have for my kids birthday on the 4th every year. I spend about 20 dollars on fruit. Apples , peaches, strawberries, rasberries, blackberries, organges. It never fails. A woman that comes treats the sangria like its a fruit salad. She gets the big spoon and makes giant plates of fruit for her and her husband and this other couple they come with. I never say anything because I like her and its a party but the fruit is there to go into the individual cups people pour for themselves. I dont even mind people scooping a little extra but dont wipe out all of the fruit 30 minutes into the party and leave us with a 3 gallon container of just sangria with no fruit.

ah. who am I kidding. Ill just let her do it to avoid the awkward party confrontation :wacko:

Maybe spend another $20 and put a spread of fruit in a different location? It might help.

Maybe spend another $20 and put a spread of fruit in a different location? It might help.

Or you ask her if her mouth is big enough for a big ole banana. Sometimes, going for the jugular is the best medicine.

Soak the fruit in grain alcohol before you put it out.

Watch the hi-jinks later.

Played a match play event on Friday.

Saturday - smoked ribs, drank beer, had a house full of people.

Sunday - Played in a fundraising golf tournament to support the First Tee. After the tournament, they had set up a stage on the driving range and had bands playing. A handful of portland restaurants were serving food. Games, raffles, more opportunities to support the good cause.

Today, I need a vacation day (although, I may end up at the golf course this evening.

Pretty boring holiday weekend. :wacko:

That said, it's nice having the chance to spend QT with the wifey and daughter. Grilling up some sliders tonight (did the same at a friends' place last night) and having a couple beers. Fireworks on TV at 8pm and hopefully hittin' the hay early.

We are in jackson hole wyoming tonight. Just read that Yahoo news ranks this in the top 5 of firework shows in the US with the likes of statue of liberty and disneyland. We can see them from our hotel cabins so it should be fun.

Onto Grand Tetons and camping in Yellowstone tomorrow.

Can't must guts to start grill.

101 out, might be easier to throw chicken onto driveway.

Yeah. Says it's 98 right now but I'd bet it's more like 100... as if those 2 degrees really made a difference.

And like you, I'm waiting a bit 'til I fire up my grill.... my stomach does not agree with the decision, however.

although, I may end up at the golf course this evening.

ya know, thats a really good freaken idea. I'm trying to find things to do during this sobriety torture. I used to be a 7 handicap in high school. Getting back to the fairway is a really good idea. Thanks....I might have to go rent me a set tomorrow and play barefoot.

Soak the fruit in grain alcohol before you put it out.

Watch the hi-jinks later.

I'm guessing you guys aren't coming out...

If you are, the show starts in about an hour. :wacko:

Sounds like everyone's having a great weekend. :lol:

Chicken just pulled off the grill. Smells good. :tup::rofl:

:rofl:

:wacko: As luck would have it, my propane ran out about halfway through the grilling process. So, took the three hot dogs and 6 turkey burger sliders in and finished 'em off on the ole Foreman grill. Actually turned out pretty good. My sliders were the shiznit. Ground turkey, Cajun seasonings, dash of onion/parsley powder, dash of bacon salt and drizzled with Worcestershire.

Watched an old buddy of mine on some HGTV show, and caught a bit of the Macy's fireworks from NYC. No real big firework deals here with a burn ban in effect.

:bow: Hope everyone enjoyed their long weekend.

Decent weekend, busy with family and the in laws being constantly over. Party a few days in a row, now I'm at work, and a buddy emailed me that he has extra tickets for a concert tonight (Black Keys & Cage the Elephant). I'm tired, but might go. Guess the liver will have to heal some other time. :wacko: