[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We are slowly losing our rights....

tazinib1

You hear a lot of babbling about how free we are, land of the free, throw off the yoke of tyranny yada yada yada but when the rubber hits the road, most people are just too fat dumb and happy to do anything about it. Many actually support it, as long as it's not them.

First they came for the communists,

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Pastor Martin Niemöller

100 views and 3 comments. :wacko: That pretty much sums it up.

I see 98 comments and seemed to sense a lot of collective outrage in the video. But, I'm not sure what town that is in and how it necessarily equates to a microcosm of corruption of individual rights on a larger scale. I would guess this sort of thing has happened in a lot of towns over the last hundreds of years.

bunch of old people in the audience, they weren't about to start doing much. If I had proof of corruption, I would have brought it to the State's Attorney General's attention before bringing it to the perpetraitor's.

I really do not think there are alot of young people moving to rural AZ so eventually all those old people will be gone, God bless the old people.

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

100 views and 3 comments. :wacko: That pretty much sums it up.

I see 98 comments and seemed to sense a lot of collective outrage in the video. But, I'm not sure what town that is in and how it necessarily equates to a microcosm of corruption of individual rights on a larger scale. I would guess this sort of thing has happened in a lot of towns over the last hundreds of years.

He meant on here. But not sure what taz was expecting since I'm guessing most of us have already seen this on Facebook.

and nobody really seems to care

Police state? Oh its happening alright.

Yep. One d-bag in Arizona who gets out of line with this one lady means the USA is becoming a police state. People's rights have gotten much worse over the last few decades. I mean, just compare the right of minorities from 50 yrs ago to today. Look at all the unions (which are SO useful and not power whores themselves, of course) which have been banned and made illegal.

Look at the bones!! It is the rabbit!

Yep. One d-bag in Arizona who gets out of line with this one lady means the USA is becoming a police state. People's rights have gotten much worse over the last few decades. I mean, just compare the right of minorities from 50 yrs ago to today. Look at all the unions (which are SO useful and not power whores themselves, of course) which have been banned and made illegal.

Look at the bones!! It is the rabbit!

That one D-Bag was an elected official. Them mother Ginsuers who buy our politicians and assemblymen, who own every walking dick that can pass a law to make a profit, who badger and hound every good politician that started out meaning to honestly make a stand, should rot in hell and have there balls severed with a butter knife.

The sooner we overthrow the Government, the better. This place is a joke. It's just outright corruption completely out in the open now from the POTUS all the way down to the local official. They don't even pretend to hide it. :grabstorch:

The sooner we overthrow the Government, the better. This place is a joke. It's just outright corruption completely out in the open now from the POTUS all the way down to the local official. They don't even pretend to hide it. :grabstorch:

What's even worse is there are some dip$hits out there acting like its something new. :wacko:

Wow, I was just arguing with my wife and her sister last night about how we have too many rules and such and that we don't want to give the judicial system that kind of power over us, specifically people jailed for multiple drug offenses. They both think that the offender should be sterilized to be kept from bringing children into this world that they cannot support. While I agree in general terms with them, I do not agree that the government should be able to levy this upon us. I mean where would it stop? I rather give up some tax dollars to protect my rights of freedom vs. allowing the government to take more control!

The only total freedom is anarchy. Anyone who thinks *that* is a good idea should move to Somalia and the report back about how awesome it is. Anything less than that necessitates a balance between government's power to govern, and a balancing of everyone's individual liberties. But there isn't some ideal "freedom" Ph balance that is perfect for all people for all of time. The idea that we're "losing" freedom is little more than an observation of the fluidity of that balancing act, as glacial as it might be.

Edited by yo mama

The only total freedom is anarchy. Anyone who thinks *that* is a good idea should move to Somalia and the report back about how awesome it is. Anything less than that necessitates a balance between government's power to govern, and a balancing of everyone's individual liberties. But there isn't some ideal "freedom" Ph balance that is perfect for all people for all of time. The idea that we're "losing" freedom is little more than an observation of the fluidity of that balancing act, as glacial as it might be.

It isn't a question of freedom per se in terms of law, it's a question of corruption and the ability of the corrupt to suppress free speech in direct violation of the law.

Raise your hand if you're calling for anarchy. :rollseyes:

So let's see, we've got the patriot act (which has provided precedent for more stripping of rights without due process), protests no longer permitted anywhere near the "public" space (see recent WTO protests), police and government stifling descent and exposures of corruption, wasting billions of our tax dollars and in turn financing drug cartels (including big pharm) to keep us from injesting and utilizing a beneficial plant more harmless than alcohol, etc., etc.

I'm sorry, but if you think they're doing all of this for our own good, then you aren't paying attention. Every one of the things I've mentioned and far more liberty-stripping laws are meant solely to protect big business and big government, not for our greater good.

:wacko: I'm not calling for an overthrow (I don't even think it's possible anymore. They'd declare martial law to "save us from ourselves"), but I'm astounded that so many people can now see the massive corruption they aren't even trying to hide anymore, yet still plan to vote for the guy they want to have a beer with.

I tend to think of women as more liberal, or stay out of my business mindset, when it comes to reproduction, but I'm clearly out of any social loop cuz I'm surprised that your wife and sis-in-law would actually support sterilization for any reason whatsoever.

Yeah, it shocked me too, I am pretty conservative and this statement by them blew my mind. I argued for about 15 minutes with them and gave up....

That one D-Bag was an elected official. Them mother Ginsuers who buy our politicians and assemblymen, who own every walking dick that can pass a law to make a profit, who badger and hound every good politician that started out meaning to honestly make a stand, should rot in hell and have there balls severed with a butter knife.

wait, dick isnt filtered??? dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick.

I don't know what ex ante means, but she was in the wrong forum.

And grandstanding.

I certainly didn't get that at all, at least in the traditional sense: she was ceded the mic and floor by the Mayor who was within his power. The grandstanding came more on the audio: the councilman said "motion has passed" when it was clear he never even asked for a motion and got called out by the Mayor on it. Also, the guy afterwards stated that council stripped the Mayor's office of a ton of power after the election results, before the inauguration, since their guy didn't win. Don't know if that's true or not, but I've seen city council meetings before and she was not in the wrong as far as I can tell.